Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC v AFC Wimbledon  (Read 23828 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Friday, April 14, 2017, 16:28:55 »

Conor Thomas and a 3 year contract sums it up imo
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Friday, April 14, 2017, 16:40:17 »

Fair shout, I'm not sure I've ever seen a slower midfielder. Not sure he did anything second half...
1989Monkey

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Friday, April 14, 2017, 16:40:39 »

In the context of opposition and importance today was one of the worst performances of the season, says it all really. Fuck knows what formation we were playing for the last quarter, just had Thomas, Gladwin, Norris, Ajose and Obika stood static in there half watching leaving Ince to be the midfield on his own. Dabs was our only attacking threat and was fuckef with 15 to go.

Spot on. What the fuck do they practice in training? Heard on the radio praise because we have only conceded 1 goal in 4 games. Its a shame that we seem happy with clean sheets rather than trying to get a winner. When I say try to get a winner I mean by creating chances not some clueless manager just putting 4 forwards on and telling them to play anywhere they like.

Even if we get a win on Monday were doomed as our players can't handle any pressure at all. Therefore next weekend we'll lose anyway and to be honest we fucking deserve to go down for having those clowns in charge and for a owner to not fucking do anything about it in january
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Friday, April 14, 2017, 16:41:44 »

Bang on. As poor as Colkett and Goddard were today, how the fuck they came off when Thomas stayed on to continue doing his "I'm going to stand on the edge of where I might be useful and watch" act is beyond me. Should have been charged £23 because he was a fucking spectator all game.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Friday, April 14, 2017, 16:42:30 »

Sherwood back again today apparently so no wonder we were shit. He's like fucking Kryptonite that bloke.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Friday, April 14, 2017, 16:43:23 »

Irregardless of what division we are in next season, Williams needs to go.
As for Power, I am willing to reserve judgement for another season to judge how he reacts to the situation

I come from a land down-under
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Friday, April 14, 2017, 16:45:53 »

Irregardless of what division we are in next season, Williams needs to go.
As for Power, I am willing to reserve judgement for another season to judge how he reacts to the situation
We need to go back to being run as a football club not a side project with a proper management team in place both on and off the pitvh. Not sure that that is a route he'd even entertain the thought of unfortunately though...
We'all probably end up with Embleton in charge!
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Friday, April 14, 2017, 16:48:42 »

Speaking to Luke Williams pre match he made it clear that there is great pressure on him with regards to loan players and the contracts clearly protect parent clubs etc and will specify things like minimum number of minutes played etc etc
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Friday, April 14, 2017, 16:51:35 »

Speaking to Luke Williams pre match he made it clear that there is great pressure on him with regards to loan players and the contracts clearly protect parent clubs etc and will specify things like minimum number of minutes played etc etc

That's a cowardly get out though isn't it. Ultimately in a situation like this you man up and do what's right by the club in giving it the best chance of staying up. He is incapable of making hard decisions, stop making excuses and needs to grow a set of bollocks.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Friday, April 14, 2017, 17:06:52 »

Four shots on target in two home games against mediocre opposition, when supposedly fighting for your lives, sums the whole mess up.

Somebody on here last week stated we will get another 4 points...I agree.

Probably one more win from the last three.

I left early V Franchise and didn't bother today...I just couldn't face it.

No joy from missing it at all but i havent pissed away £50 odd on tickets and beer.

What a dreadful dog turd the whole thing is.

Clems Army!
Johnny Reeves

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Friday, April 14, 2017, 17:09:04 »

The performance was more boring than a Williams team talk,this bunch is definitely the very worst team/management and chairman  i've watched in all my years as a town fan.FACT......very avoidable relegation in a season of very poor quality opposition. No
1989Monkey

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Friday, April 14, 2017, 17:17:45 »

When the manager openly comes out and says this it sums our season up.

"We played in a similar way that we've played in the last four games to probably be defensive more, more than be more attacking"

In a must win game he sets us up to be defensive when were playing afc wimbledon.
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Friday, April 14, 2017, 17:17:48 »

If Power stays nothing will change- the club will be run as it is now.

It's why he has to go in the summer- or a double relegation is feasible
Johnny Reeves

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Friday, April 14, 2017, 17:19:42 »

You'll upset the "but at least we're debt free now" brigade.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Friday, April 14, 2017, 17:24:06 »

You'll upset the "but at least we're debt free now" brigade.
It's only worth him going if there is a genuine party that wants to progress the club. Judging by the fact there are at least 10 to 15 football league clubs running on a knife edge financially suggests decent owners are few and far between. Need to be careful what we wish for....
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: