Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 [63]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Luke Williams - ***CONFIRMED - HE'S GONE***  (Read 185212 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #930 on: Friday, May 5, 2017, 18:41:56 »

Fucking get in there, now lets unveil Jimmy Floyd and the we can look forward to our assault on the League 2 title.
On balance, which would you say you have less of, shame or clue?
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #931 on: Friday, May 5, 2017, 19:29:51 »

Thank god for that.  The correct decision, although not sure why it took this long.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #932 on: Friday, May 5, 2017, 19:33:35 »

I can only repeat the views of others namely that Williams should have been sacked at the New Year.  By then he had received a generous opportunity to show what he could do and matters were getting worse but there was still, crucially, time to hit the 50 point mark by season end.  

It must be disappointing for Williams that what he was allegedly good at, the coaching, also failed to be evidenced in the end but I hope he will have the opportunity to resurrect his touted skills there.  A number of posts have confirmed the impression that he was a thoroughly decent bloke.  Sadly faced with Power's gross mismanagement, his decency, inexperience and reticence probably lost him the respect of what was a very young squad.

I have in mind the ludicrous "make it up as we go along" position of Williams' role after the advent of Sherwood.  Listening to Williams explain and support the bizarre and regular changes to his role all became rather sad.  Sherwood may have been in the limelight at Spurs but was pretty inexperienced himself.  Otherwise, he might have helped Williams.  Only Power was responsible for this chaos.

PDC went too far the other way, of course but if Williams were to be a natural manager, a leader of men, he would have had to place HIS demands to the board to keep Town up and risk the sack.  

Good luck now Williams.  Power, you may need to man up and stop seeking to recruit passive coaches you can dominate for what are really your squads and system when we "go again" in August.

« Last Edit: Friday, May 5, 2017, 19:35:54 by RedRag » Logged
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #933 on: Friday, May 5, 2017, 19:43:55 »

Thank god for that.  The correct decision, although not sure why it took this long.

I suppose it depends on when you/we think he should have been given the boot - January, as soon as we were relegated, at the end of the season etc...

The reality is that it has only been five days since the end of the season, and that's only for one of the top five divisions.

The more important thing is getting in a new manager in good time, in order to get the new players in in good time. Power's record so far suggests that it could be another frustrating summer for those wanting everything in place well before the start of the new season.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #934 on: Friday, May 5, 2017, 19:51:03 »

He should have been sacked just for not picking Ince vs Oxford. Idiotic decision.
MichaelPook
Oh stop it Mr Fatbury!

Ignore
« Reply #935 on: Friday, May 5, 2017, 19:54:26 »

The right decision - time to get behind the new manager

I used to be Fatbury
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #936 on: Friday, May 5, 2017, 20:57:18 »

On balance, which would you say you have less of, shame or clue?

I genuinely did a soapy tit wank at this.
digby

Ignore
« Reply #937 on: Friday, May 5, 2017, 22:58:32 »

He should have been sacked just for not picking Ince vs Oxford. Idiotic decision.
totally agree
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 [63]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: