Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon vs Franchise match day thread  (Read 22948 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Saturday, April 8, 2017, 18:38:10 »

Today, I saw a man with Pook and the number 19 on the back of his town shirt. It wasn't a shirt from Pook's time at the club
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Saturday, April 8, 2017, 18:41:19 »

think he meant from the off, not just the last 10

Correct!

Clems Army!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Saturday, April 8, 2017, 18:42:37 »

Today, I saw a man with Pook and the number 19 on the back of his town shirt. It wasn't a shirt from Pook's time at the club

Probably fatbury
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Saturday, April 8, 2017, 18:58:46 »

My first game of the season. We are awful. Should have lost by 6 or 7
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Saturday, April 8, 2017, 19:06:25 »

I've been to far fewer games than most on here but that wasn't anywhere near as some of the performances I've seen!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Saturday, April 8, 2017, 19:14:43 »

Probably fatbury
Astonishingly not (I was with sonic when he saw said shirt, which had the "Men Utd" numbering on the back which I think is from this season isn't it?). So there's two of them out there!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Saturday, April 8, 2017, 19:22:44 »

Quote from: mexico red

er, yes and yes.

at least Wembley disappointments aren't likely any time soon...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Saturday, April 8, 2017, 19:34:56 »

Their no 6 was every bit as bad at finishing as we were, that was pretty much what saved us from the spanking we deserved
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #83 on: Saturday, April 8, 2017, 20:11:39 »

Very lucky to get away with a point. Their no 6 was the only worse player on the pitch than Colkett who seems to think we pay the money to go and watch him flick the ball without looking where the fuck its going. Today he was a total liability. The challenge for the penalty was unbelievably dumb. I'd happily ship the cunt back to Chelsea. MW were bigger, fitter and faster than us and should have won by a margin. They should have had a penalty before Colkett's lobotomy.
Our midfield apart from Ince were total shite. Colkett and Thomas have as much physical presence as Charles Hawtry. Thomas didn;t even have the power to lift any of his crosses off the floor.
Conroy impresses me though. 
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Saturday, April 8, 2017, 20:23:32 »

Generally shit but we stuck at it and got a leveller. It could have easily been worse though. MK should have had a couple at least in the 2nd half. We are still in it though and still not down yet. Got a good habit of scoring late in games recently. Just need to stop conceding.
Johnny Reeves

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Saturday, April 8, 2017, 20:51:05 »

A point we didn't deserve,a poor game,same old backwards and sideways football until the final 10 mins played by the most frustrating poorly advised bunch ever.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Saturday, April 8, 2017, 21:00:15 »

Three games unbeaten. What more do you whinging bastards want? We deserved fuck all today, not by a massive margin but nothing none the less. Sooooo a point was not pointless yet. Still all to play for. May go to another game at £15 per adult. If we go down we go down and power will have to dig deep to get us back up to see the value of his asset restored.

As for the game today I can see the issues we have that you regulars have been subjected to all season. We are trying to play like we did the seasons upto the play off against PNE without the quality players to do it.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Saturday, April 8, 2017, 21:04:14 »

We got a point when we probably didn't deserve one, 7 out of 9. Other teams around us lost, we still have a chance.

Still in our hands.
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Saturday, April 8, 2017, 21:31:16 »

Could have been a cricket score in MK's favour. Luckily they were fucking inept when clear through on goal.

Colkett had a bigger melt of a game than usual. Best thing he did all match was rugby tackle the MK bloke to the ground to halt a certain break. Why Dabo got taken off instead of him, for Brophy, god knows. I've said it a few times, but we might as well have Rodgers in there. At least Anton won't take up a loan space that we might need if Conroy is crocked.

We barely won a second ball all match and resorted to the backwards passing because MK were so tight to us.

At least we stuck at it and got a bit of luck with a crap pass in defence from them. Quality anticipation and finish from Beaks.
Although the performance was shite, can't argue about everyone (save for Colkett) putting everything into it until the 95th minute. Some of Nathan's balls from the back across field and runs out of our own half, were very enjoyable today.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Saturday, April 8, 2017, 22:33:35 »

First half was poor. Second half was a big improvement. We created plenty. Goddard clean through, had way too much time, got caught in two minds & did pretty much nothing with the chance in the end. Was way more gilt edged than anything MK missed. Obika put a free header wide. Should have had it on target at a minimum. Also went close with an overhead kick that went just over the bar. Thomas had a shot blocked by a defender that looked as if it was beating the keeper for me. Admittedly MK missed some great chances but I'm not going with the consensus that we should have been thrashed. Good to see some fight & the ability to nick another late goal. Wimbledon has become a must win now.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: