Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fleetwood Town v Swindon Town Matchday Thread  (Read 30492 times)
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Wednesday, April 5, 2017, 05:40:33 »

We're on a shit streak with MKD, haven't beaten them since Di Canio.

Somehow we're back in this and nobody is safe from Charlton downwards.

Fucking hell.

[still think we'll go down]

The win yesterday for franchise may have helped, if they figure they're pretty safe, they could relax a bit...I may be clutching at straws, of course.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Wednesday, April 5, 2017, 06:11:59 »

The win yesterday for franchise may have helped, if they figure they're pretty safe, they could relax a bit...I may be clutching at straws, of course.

Our next 3 games are all against teams clustered together on 53/54 points who have absolutely nothing to play for. Which can't be a bad thing.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, April 5, 2017, 06:13:52 by ferret » Logged
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Wednesday, April 5, 2017, 06:29:59 »

Our next 3 games are all against teams clustered together on 53/54 points who have absolutely nothing to play for. Which can't be a bad thing.
Except for the fact that the last two victories have been against teams that have had to beat us and have been nervous.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Wednesday, April 5, 2017, 07:24:29 »

Except for the fact that the last two victories have been against teams that have had to beat us and have been nervous.

Yes understand that, but we too have the nerves against us coupled with the fact were not having a great season.
Those teams above us may only have pride or a new contact to play for but they would also love to add a nail in the coffin.
Recently we have failed to beat sides worse than ourselves but beaten sides (over the course of the season) better than us.
Its not totally in our hands as we still rely on other results going our way and have to beat Charlton on the final Saturday. The way the league its panning out that will no doubt decide one of the places in league 2 come August.
Luckily Gills i think play Shrews so one of those will drop points but we can do this, nail biting i know but what a way to end the season potentially 7 sides trying to avoid the drop. That's why i love football.
🙏 🙏 🙏
#ibelieve
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Wednesday, April 5, 2017, 07:30:05 »

I agree that Fleetwood were nervous, though I personally felt Millwall looked more tired and / or complacent than twitchy.
Panda Paws

« Reply #155 on: Wednesday, April 5, 2017, 08:21:41 »

Don't over think it! If it's in our own hands last day, I'll be delighted (and would 100% back us to get something at Charlton).

Table looks fun - Charlton in terrible form and can't see where they're going to get the 4 point they need. Gills look in all kinds of trouble and have 3 of the top 8 in their run in, as have Oldham. Port Vale have, by some distance, the hardest run in. Only 2 at home, against Sheff Utd and Bolton, plus Fleetwood away last day too.

Still think us staying up is unlikely, but can see the bottom 4 being Cov, Chesterfield, Vale and Gills.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Wednesday, April 5, 2017, 08:32:28 »

I can honestly say I'd rather be playing each of the top 6 than the sides we have to play. We've beaten 2nd and 3rd away from home, 4th at home and got a decent home point against 6th in the last few months.

We seem to be shit against other shit teams
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Wednesday, April 5, 2017, 08:34:32 »

In my mind we're already down. This means I can enjoy the remaining fixtures without the inner torment! (This position will obviously be revised if we beat Franchise. But we won't).

It's All Good..............
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Wednesday, April 5, 2017, 08:55:34 »

Don't over think it! If it's in our own hands last day, I'll be delighted (and would 100% back us to get something at Charlton).

Table looks fun - Charlton in terrible form and can't see where they're going to get the 4 point they need. Gills look in all kinds of trouble and have 3 of the top 8 in their run in, as have Oldham. Port Vale have, by some distance, the hardest run in. Only 2 at home, against Sheff Utd and Bolton, plus Fleetwood away last day too.

Still think us staying up is unlikely, but can see the bottom 4 being Cov, Chesterfield, Vale and Gills.

I'm not other thinking it, but until were out of the bottom 4 its not in our hands. Last night went some distance to giving us hope. Im so glad I'm going to Charlton, my mate is an Oldham fan and he is going to Wimbledon last day I'd love the bragging rights if they go down, but they have a canny knack of avoiding the drop on a regular basis.
5 oclock Saturday, if were 5th I'd be as happy as a dog with 2 dicks
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Wednesday, April 5, 2017, 09:13:12 »

I'm not other thinking it, but until were out of the bottom 4 its not in our hands.

Eh?  Of course it's in our hands, if we win our games we stay up if we lose we go down.... matters nought what anybody else does. The Franchise game is very difficult.... they have our number and are decent on the road.

It's their poor home form which saw them briefly struggle.

You only have to go back to 05/06, to find a must win home game v Franchise with 5 to play... we were on 43, a point better off than at present, Franchise were rock bottom, a poor side doomed to join us in Div 4.

A truly awful game, we didn't manage a shot on target they may have had 1, which was that lump Clive Platt slotting it in. 

Franchise had the turncoat Dean Lewington playing for them... he still does
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Wednesday, April 5, 2017, 09:22:53 »

Eh?  Of course it's in our hands, if we win our games we stay up if we lose we go down.... matters nought what anybody else does. The Franchise game is very difficult.... they have our number and are decent on the road.

It's their poor home form which saw them briefly struggle.

You only have to go back to 05/06, to find a must win home game v Franchise with 5 to play... we were on 43, a point better off than at present, Franchise were rock bottom, a poor side doomed to join us in Div 4.

A truly awful game, we didn't manage a shot on target they may have had 1, which was that lump Clive Platt slotting it in. 

Franchise had the turncoat Dean Lewington playing for them... he still does

Shakes had a shot on target... While one on one. Platt scored not long after
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Wednesday, April 5, 2017, 09:23:12 »

We seem to be shit against other shit teams
the thing about those fighting for promotion/playoffs is the do attack you as draws may not be enough for them either. so we get space that suits the likes of Colkett. They are also relatively good, so there is a danger of a tonking.

The bottom teams, they play it tight away and pack men behind the ball and hope to counter. Worked for Chesterfuckingfield.

middle tablers are either released of pressure and play well, or on the beach.

in short, haven't got a fucking clue what's going to happen. But it's much more about how we react, not other teams. But worried about our recent history of cracking.. still, we have momentum..
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Wednesday, April 5, 2017, 09:40:54 »

still, we have momentum..

So does Jeremy Corbyn... and I think he's doomed for the drop as well  Sad
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Wednesday, April 5, 2017, 09:58:05 »

Shakes had a shot on target... While one on one. Platt scored not long after

Ah the one on one, I think everyone just knew that he wasn't going to score.

For goodness sake he had the Ricky Ricky Shakes.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Wednesday, April 5, 2017, 10:10:36 »

Ah the one on one, I think everyone just knew that he wasn't going to score.

For goodness sake he had the Ricky Ricky Shakes.

I think Tails' memory is starting to fade with age...

The following week, Shakes was handed a golden opportunity to score again in a crucial relegation battle with Franchise - having been put clean through, one-on-one with the Dons' keeper, Shakes dragged a tame shot wide of the post -

I'm glad that Ricky is still earning a living from football... seems a decent sort of chap.   Hmmm
« Last Edit: Wednesday, April 5, 2017, 10:13:55 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: