Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Accounts  (Read 20328 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Friday, March 31, 2017, 18:58:50 »

Maybe I'm a bit thick but what is the problem with him paying himself back with interest? It's a peculiar thing with football fans that they think owners of their clubs shouldn't be allowed to make any money out of it.

The Reverend Pitt didn't form STFC so that some chancer could make money out of it.... Sam Allen didn't run STFC by selling shares in the Works, so that some chancer could make money out of it.... the likes of Cecil Green, Eric Lane, even Brian Hillier didn't run STFC so that some chancer could make money out of it.

Major Goddard didn't bequeath land to SBC so that some chancer could make money out of it.

The fans didn't, what would now be termed, crowdfund in the dark days of 30's economic depression to build the TE, so that some chancer could make money out of it.  David Murray John didn't get SBC to sub the club for The Arkells, so that some chancer could make money out of it.

No....they wanted to put out a team, that would entertain and also instil a sense of pride into the workers of Swindon and District.

Something to lift the spirits from the daily grind of the consequences wars, economic depressions, recessions and poverty.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Friday, March 31, 2017, 18:58:59 »

If the club is making a profit and he pays himself some of that profit I don't see a problem. If the club is plunged into huge debts because he's paying himself a big wedge of cash why would he do that? He's the owner. It's his money. What would he have to gain from that?

Again, maybe I'm a bit thick but why would the owner of a club put his club in trouble when he knows that he is the one who would lose as a result of his actions?
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, March 31, 2017, 19:23:01 »

The Reverend Pitt didn't form STFC so that some chancer could make money out of it.... Sam Allen didn't run STFC by selling shares in the Works, so that some chancer could make money out of it.... the likes of Cecil Green, Eric Lane, even Brian Hillier didn't run STFC so that some chancer could make money out of it.

Major Goddard didn't bequeath land to SBC so that some chancer could make money out of it.

The fans didn't, what would now be termed, crowdfund in the dark days of 30's economic depression to build the TE, so that some chancer could make money out of it.  David Murray John didn't get SBC to sub the club for The Arkells, so that some chancer could make money out of it.

No....they wanted to put out a team, that would entertain and also instil a sense of pride into the workers of Swindon and District.

Something to lift the spirits from the daily grind of the consequences wars, economic depressions, recessions and poverty.

Sir Reginald Churchill.  Cheesy

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Friday, March 31, 2017, 19:35:43 »

If the club is making a profit and he pays himself some of that profit I don't see a problem. If the club is plunged into huge debts because he's paying himself a big wedge of cash why would he do that? He's the owner. It's his money. What would he have to gain from that?

Again, maybe I'm a bit thick but why would the owner of a club put his club in trouble when he knows that he is the one who would lose as a result of his actions?

What if he pays himself all of the profit in interest.

If he paid a nominal fee for the club, and has paid himself back all of the amount he's loaned the club in interest he's now in a position where he has had all of his outlay back but the club still owes him his loans.

He can continue to pay himself as much interest as he wants and keep the club ticking over generating cash for him.

All hypothetical, but because it's hidden we won't ever know

jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #49 on: Sunday, April 2, 2017, 10:40:43 »

Sir Reginald Churchill.  Cheesy

Reg'll have you for that Tory slur
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Monday, April 3, 2017, 17:43:17 »

Churchill spent a large part of his career as a Liberal.  Reg would be more OK with that.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Monday, April 3, 2017, 18:07:44 »

Churchill spent a large part of his career as a Liberal.  Reg would be more OK with that.

I take my view of Winston, from Atlee's 45 campaign slogan, " Cheer Winston....Vote Labour."
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Monday, May 22, 2017, 10:45:02 »

According to Companies House website, being processed and should be available online within 5 days. https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/00053100/filing-history

Also looking at the charges section on there we seem to have a number of outstanding charges to Sir Martyn Arbib I knew about the one to Black but what do these relate to?

Finally the most recent Confirmation Statement suggests that in addition to Power and Anderson there is also a Deborah Louise Carney with 'significant control' who she?
moved from Romford to Faringdon, appears to have 2 boys, one with the surname Abbott the other with her own surname and bearing the Christian name "Lee".  She is also the director of Power Geneva Ltd with a County Ground registered office and a horse racing interest.

Just sayin'
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: