Question: Are you going to sign up?
Red mermbership - 4 (8.3%)
Bronze membership - 14 (29.2%)
Silver membership - 24 (50%)
Gold membership - 6 (12.5%)
Total Voters: 42

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Red Army Fund - Let's buy the County Ground  (Read 28101 times)
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #75 on: Monday, April 3, 2017, 15:17:56 »

Is there a link to this?
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Monday, April 3, 2017, 15:23:07 »

There's been no mention by the Trust that they already have the money to purchase the ground, just that they are looking at ways. (Unless I've missed something).

It's All Good..............
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Monday, April 3, 2017, 17:01:24 »

I think Sippo is suggesting they have someone in the background with a means to get the finance (a rumour of sorts).  So nothing would be public and they've said that the fund raising now is to get the professional fees sorted to kick this off.  I'd imagine that it helps show the commitment of the supporter base to the project, it also shows they have on-going financial commitments (because people are signing up to a subscription rather than one off payments I believe).
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Monday, April 3, 2017, 18:04:28 »

I think Sippo is suggesting they have someone in the background with a means to get the finance (a rumour of sorts).  So nothing would be public and they've said that the fund raising now is to get the professional fees sorted to kick this off.  I'd imagine that it helps show the commitment of the supporter base to the project, it also shows they have on-going financial commitments (because people are signing up to a subscription rather than one off payments I believe).

Spot on. See The Lounge Steve. It's no mean a bad thing. It's just a matter of dotting the i's and crossing the t's. the purchase will happen but it has to be at the right price.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 08:51:29 »

Just a quick query for those like myself who signed up for membership when this was all announced. Have you received anything through the post from the TRust as yet, for instance the gift, memberhsip card or anything.

I only ask as, this is a strange one but bear with me. I received this morning a damaged envelope through the post in one of those Royal Mail apology plastic bags saying it had been damaged. The thing is the envelope is empty so whatever was in there is missing. I have no idea who sent it, I don't recognise the writing on the envelope and I am not expecting anything. Its got a Swindon postmark but that's the only identifying feature and I don't know anyone in the Swindon area anymore bar my old man whose writing I would recognise and who I know has not sent anything?

I have asked same of the Trust but wondered if anyone on here had started receiving things?

Royal Mail will be getting a visit also.....
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 09:00:20 »

no, had emails explaining they are working on getting stuff out, may take a while.

not had cash exit my account yet either though.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 09:02:30 »

Just a quick query for those like myself who signed up for membership when this was all announced. Have you received anything through the post from the TRust as yet, for instance the gift, memberhsip card or anything.

I only ask as, this is a strange one but bear with me. I received this morning a damaged envelope through the post in one of those Royal Mail apology plastic bags saying it had been damaged. The thing is the envelope is empty so whatever was in there is missing. I have no idea who sent it, I don't recognise the writing on the envelope and I am not expecting anything. Its got a Swindon postmark but that's the only identifying feature and I don't know anyone in the Swindon area anymore bar my old man whose writing I would recognise and who I know has not sent anything?

I have asked same of the Trust but wondered if anyone on here had started receiving things?

Royal Mail will be getting a visit also.....

Had a couple of emails through asking for confirmation of delivery address / shirt size etc.

Delivery of items is due late May / early June apparently.
They can't hold much stock so have to order (and send) the goodies in batches.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 09:09:12 »

Had a couple of emails through asking for confirmation of delivery address / shirt size etc.

Delivery of items is due late May / early June apparently.
They can't hold much stock so have to order (and send) the goodies in batches.

I only signed up for red initially (as it was before the full initiative was properly announced) so it would only be a pin badge. I just cannot for the life of me think who else would be sending a hand written envelope from Swindon?

jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #83 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 09:19:33 »

I got my pen this morning
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 09:27:44 »

Me too, reckon the postie's snaffled your badge, horlock!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 09:28:36 »

I got my pen this morning

I wonder if Froggy got Le Pen this morning?
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 13:22:48 »

Me too, reckon the postie's snaffled your badge, horlock!

Trust emailed back and confirmed it was my badge, at least it wasn't a cheque or cash or anything - said they are going to send me another one which is jolly decent of them!

I will keep an eye out for a postman wearing a Swindon pin badge up here, cannot imagine he will be a supporter!

Incidentally popped into the post office to get a form to query it (before TrustSTFC confirmed it was them) and it seems that if I didn't know who sent it or what it was there was nothing I could do about it!
Hugh Kerrs

All hail to our dear leader

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 18:50:53 »

There's been no mention by the Trust that they already have the money to purchase the ground, just that they are looking at ways. (Unless I've missed something).

Being a bit off the pace on this one, can someone explain whether the trust is trying to buy the ground ie only the stadium, the ground (stadium) and the land on which it stands, or just the land without the stadium. I don't get it at all.
 Head Hurts
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 18:53:13 by Hugh Kerrs » Logged
Mrs Miggins

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 19:08:33 »

My pen & pin badge arrived from the Trust today too. 
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 19:51:54 »

Being a bit off the pace on this one, can someone explain whether the trust is trying to buy the ground ie only the stadium, the ground (stadium) and the land on which it stands, or just the land without the stadium. I don't get it at all.
 Head Hurts

As they are taling to the Council it will just be the site in theory, however as I have mentioned before the stands are essentially worthless without the land so that's all they need really.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: