Question: Are you going to sign up?
Red mermbership - 4 (8.3%)
Bronze membership - 14 (29.2%)
Silver membership - 24 (50%)
Gold membership - 6 (12.5%)
Total Voters: 42

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Red Army Fund - Let's buy the County Ground  (Read 28095 times)
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Saturday, April 1, 2017, 06:22:04 »

But once ownership is acquired how will general maintenance and upkeep be achieved?

Melinda Messenger will be recruited to persuade local tradespeople to do shit for free.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Saturday, April 1, 2017, 06:30:13 »

Please excuse my lack of knowledge on this subject but I am only trying to genuinely understand the situation. Swindon fans owning the county ground sounds to me like an amazing achievement of solidarity between a group of die hard fans.raising that amount of cash is no mean feat.  But once ownership is acquired how will general maintenance and upkeep be achieved?

Apart from continuing monthly subscriptions from Trust members I would expect the monthly rent the club pays to cover any maintenance required. If you're talking about upgrading the stadium, I'd imagine commercial deals will be used.

It's All Good..............
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #62 on: Saturday, April 1, 2017, 09:43:32 »

Being tired, in a rush and general idiot I am I transposed two letters in my email address when I signed up. Steve worked out the correct one and emailed me as he got bounce back notifications. He also checked if a couple of other email addresses in their database were me (one was an old one I didn't use) so fair play to him as I realise it is a real effort to do that sort of thing when you have a job and other things going on.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Saturday, April 1, 2017, 17:55:16 »

Melinda Messenger will be recruited to persuade local tradespeople to do shit for free.

#getyourbapsoutforaroof

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Saturday, April 1, 2017, 18:27:32 »

#getyourbapsoutforaroof

Actually met her once, at The Star Inn, Kingsclere. It was my local. She was lovely but about 1ft shorter than TV would have you think. She was about 4ft 5" and i'd say about the same measurement was her bust (TV didn't need to accentuate that). All jokes aside, she was very friendly and so was her fella and two or three kids.

Useless info but oh well.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Sunday, April 2, 2017, 07:28:00 »

Actually met her once, at The Star Inn, Kingsclere. It was my local. She was lovely but about 1ft shorter than TV would have you think. She was about 4ft 5" and i'd say about the same measurement was her bust (TV didn't need to accentuate that). All jokes aside, she was very friendly and so was her fella and two or three kids.

Useless info but oh well.
Siamese twin?
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Sunday, April 2, 2017, 08:39:36 »

Please excuse my lack of knowledge on this subject but I am only trying to genuinely understand the situation. Swindon fans owning the county ground sounds to me like an amazing achievement of solidarity between a group of die hard fans.raising that amount of cash is no mean feat.  But once ownership is acquired how will general maintenance and upkeep be achieved?

This came in from the trust via email.

"The RAF at the moment will raise just over £20k a year if you all stay with us, and hopefully once we have secured the purchase this can continue as a maintenance and improvement fund."

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Monday, April 3, 2017, 12:07:43 »

Siamese twin?

haha, nope just cant remember if she has two or three kids. it was about 5 years ago,

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Monday, April 3, 2017, 12:12:53 »

So the trust aren't buying the ground, and are just raising the money to 'run' the ground...

Just as I thought.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Monday, April 3, 2017, 12:28:17 »

Quote from: Sippo
So the trust aren't buying the ground, and are just raising the money to 'run' the ground...

Just as I thought.

Huh?
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Monday, April 3, 2017, 12:32:34 »

There is usually a management committee appointed which will include reps from stfc and this what would manager the day to day upkeep of the ground, anything needing doing would have to go through the committee which would have the authority to approve or deny any requests. 
Assuming this is how the Trust would intend to move forward after purchase.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Monday, April 3, 2017, 12:34:27 »

Huh?

Sorry let me rephrase that. The trust are raising money for ground maintenance. They are still buying the ground, but not using the money raised through the memberships. They already potentially have that money.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Monday, April 3, 2017, 12:42:59 »

Sorry let me rephrase that. The trust are raising money for ground maintenance. They are still buying the ground, but not using the money raised through the memberships. They already potentially have that money.

ah yes, right, good news. But what triggered this? Have they made a PR I've missed?
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Monday, April 3, 2017, 12:49:30 »

"The RAF at the moment will raise just over £20k a year if you all stay with us, and hopefully once we have secured the purchase this can continue as a maintenance and improvement fund."

garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Monday, April 3, 2017, 14:57:09 »

ah yes, right, good news. But what triggered this? Have they made a PR I've missed?

They have some business people on board willing to put money into buying the ground, and when they get to that stage they will release "bonds" for fans to buy which will go into the ground purchase pot, the RAF is only being used currently for their campaign and the maintenance of the ground if they buy it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: