Question: Are you going to sign up?
Red mermbership - 4 (8.3%)
Bronze membership - 14 (29.2%)
Silver membership - 24 (50%)
Gold membership - 6 (12.5%)
Total Voters: 42

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Red Army Fund - Let's buy the County Ground  (Read 28098 times)
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #45 on: Thursday, March 30, 2017, 10:51:00 »

Ha nah but this would be right up their street
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Thursday, March 30, 2017, 12:12:32 »

Put in a low offer and see what happens...

Trust me when I say it will happen. The money is already there.

Trust me I'm a doctor...

The kassam stadium mk2...

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Thursday, March 30, 2017, 12:36:52 »

The kassam stadium mk2...
In what sense? Kassam separated the ownership of the ground from the club and rented it back to the club, effectively stripping the club of several significant revenue streams. That's precisely the danger that the Trust bid is designed to mitigate
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Thursday, March 30, 2017, 13:33:29 »

In what sense? Kassam separated the ownership of the ground from the club and rented it back to the club, effectively stripping the club of several significant revenue streams. That's precisely the danger that the Trust bid is designed to mitigate

He is also doing the same as the council are doing, he will not sell the ground to the Poxford owner, only to the Poxvox which is their "supporters trust". They are doing very similar to our trust and working with Kassam for him to sell it to them and they rent it to the club.

Basically the council and Kassam both know that the assets are worth tens of millions if they did something with it but they don't want to spend money on them, so they are willing to sell to a "community group" whose sole aim is to preserve it and not sell it for commercial gain.

Poxford have a better hand than ours though, they have alternative land they can build a stadium on if they don't get the stadium, they own large piece of land they use for training by Mini and also have looked at ground sharing with the City team and redeveloping that.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Thursday, March 30, 2017, 13:35:35 »

He is also doing the same as the council are doing, he will not sell the ground to the Poxford owner, only to the Poxvox which is their "supporters trust". They are doing very similar to our trust and working with Kassam for him to sell it to them and they rent it to the club.

Basically the council and Kassam both know that the assets are worth tens of millions if they did something with it but they don't want to spend money on them, so they are willing to sell to a "community group" whose sole aim is to preserve it and not sell it for commercial gain.

Poxford have a better hand than ours though, they have alternative land they can build a stadium on if they don't get the stadium, they own large piece of land they use for training by Mini and also have looked at ground sharing with the City team and redeveloping that.

They only rent the place at Mini, hence why they are moving to Oxford City and using their place for training, they dont own any other land
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Thursday, March 30, 2017, 13:57:28 »

They only rent the place at Mini, hence why they are moving to Oxford City and using their place for training, they dont own any other land

Ah right, I thought they owned the land there, least they have options incase Kassam decides to be a dick though
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Thursday, March 30, 2017, 14:41:30 »

Ah right, I thought they owned the land there, least they have options incase Kassam decides to be a dick though
In case? Kassam has been a dick from pretty much day one
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Thursday, March 30, 2017, 14:57:09 »

In case? Kassam has been a dick from pretty much day one

he has but he is willing to negotiate but he can still be a bigger dick and refuse to sell to Poxvox or bump the price upto an unmanageable level. He holds the key to Poxford's future at the ground unfortunately.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Thursday, March 30, 2017, 15:01:23 »

Gareth... Kassam has rinsed Oxford for many millions... Power is angelic by comparison. We certainly don't want to be looking there for a road map.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Thursday, March 30, 2017, 16:37:19 »

he has but he is willing to negotiate but he can still be a bigger dick and refuse to sell to Poxvox or bump the price upto an unmanageable level. He holds the key to Poxford's future at the ground unfortunately.

Why's it unfortunate?

It's All Good..............
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Thursday, March 30, 2017, 18:21:14 »

Gareth... Kassam has rinsed Oxford for many millions... Power is angelic by comparison. We certainly don't want to be looking there for a road map.

I know that that but I was just pointing out that they are in the same predicament stadium wise, got someone who owns it and won't do anything with it. By all accounts there is a lot of maintenance overdue and that he agreed to put in a 4th stand (temporary one) and then went back on his word.

I don't want Power to own the stadium, it should be owned by the club (ideally) or a trust and not the owner of the club as with Kassam they can royally screw you over when / if they leave. Portsmouth had the same issue, an old owner owned the ground and took a while to get him agree to sell it to the trust, they then sold all the land around it to pay for the purchase.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Thursday, March 30, 2017, 21:27:10 »

Signed up for Silver today. Let's keep it going....
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Friday, March 31, 2017, 09:46:46 »

Signed up for Silver just now.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Friday, March 31, 2017, 14:16:10 »

I keep meaning to sign up but haven't got around to it yet.

I was previously registered but haven't paid anything for a while.
Shizzle

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Friday, March 31, 2017, 20:53:58 »

Please excuse my lack of knowledge on this subject but I am only trying to genuinely understand the situation. Swindon fans owning the county ground sounds to me like an amazing achievement of solidarity between a group of die hard fans.raising that amount of cash is no mean feat.  But once ownership is acquired how will general maintenance and upkeep be achieved?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: