Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Islam, what a crappy religion.  (Read 14060 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #30 on: Sunday, March 26, 2017, 09:00:52 »

You said yourself that the Islamic population is estimated to have double percentage wise by 2050. If that trend continues we'll have an Islamic population of around 20% in 2080, and getting to roughly 40-50% this time next century, maybe even quicker.

It doesn't work like that. That's an overly simplistic way of looking at it.

If immigration causes the population to rise by 5% in 50 years then, assuming it continues at the same rate, it'll rise by another 5% (actually less) in 50 years. Not double it It's only doubling between now and 2050 because the numbers are fairly small. There's a huge fault in your reasoning right there. Take 10, add 10 and you have an increase of 100%. Add another 10 and you have an increase of 50%.

Then take into account that the birth rate will drop once those here have access to education, contraception, secular values and the women learning they don't have to stay at home and be baby factories. The ill educated Muslims from overseas tend to pop them out but the westernised variety tend to find jobs etc.

The Muslim population of the UK is young which is another reason behind the sharp increase, they will get old and start dying though. Also take into account that education is likely to help future generations see that it's bullshit and, without apostasy laws, they can just leave it all behind.

There's many variable to take into account and many reasons why it will just peter out, as with the population of Indians in the 70s.

Flashheart

« Reply #31 on: Sunday, March 26, 2017, 09:07:06 »

People are leaving Islam (and other religions) in their droves. Yes, The number of Muslims is growing, but at a slower rate than they are giving birth. They are leaving. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/ex-muslims-fear-atheism-violent-revenge-tsunami-of-atheism-a7344661.html https://www.theguardian.com/global/2015/may/17/losing-their-religion-british-ex-muslims-non-believers-hidden-crisis-faith

Christian churches around the UK (and elsewhere) are empty. Atheism is on the rise. Islam is just a re-hash of Christianity so that'll see the same fate once it's followers are exposed to education and are allowed to question their faith.The Middle East will wake up as well  in time. Islamic leaders know full well the religion is under threat, some have even said that the biggest threat to Islam is apostasy. Saudi Arabia has even declared atheism to be a terrorist act in order to try and protect the religion.
Amir

« Reply #32 on: Sunday, March 26, 2017, 09:53:36 »

Don't forget to factor in converts like Sherwood, Power, and Violet, whoever she is.
Amir

« Reply #33 on: Sunday, March 26, 2017, 10:31:25 »

People are leaving Islam (and other religions) in their droves. Yes, The number of Muslims is growing, but at a slower rate than they are giving birth. They are leaving. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/ex-muslims-fear-atheism-violent-revenge-tsunami-of-atheism-a7344661.html https://www.theguardian.com/global/2015/may/17/losing-their-religion-british-ex-muslims-non-believers-hidden-crisis-faith

Christian churches around the UK (and elsewhere) are empty. Atheism is on the rise. Islam is just a re-hash of Christianity so that'll see the same fate once it's followers are exposed to education and are allowed to question their faith.The Middle East will wake up as well  in time. Islamic leaders know full well the religion is under threat, some have even said that the biggest threat to Islam is apostasy. Saudi Arabia has even declared atheism to be a terrorist act in order to try and protect the religion.

I agree but it could take an awfully long time, and it will most likely provoke more violence as they struggle to stop it.

I've seen how it works in Cambodia, albeit with patriarchy rather than religion. More confident, educated women there are less likely to accept an abusive husband or just stay home popping them out. The difference is no one there is shooting schoolgirls in the head for wanting an education.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Sunday, March 26, 2017, 10:51:05 »

Islam is a violet religion. It's actually quite shocking the versus in there full context you can abstract from the Quran and Hadith (Sahih Bukhari & Sahih Muslim). People that assume the so called 'prophet' of Islam was peaceful simply haven't read the Islamic text. Muhammed plagiarised much of his material from the Jews and Christians, but more concerning was his actions; murder on a massive scale (he gave orders to kill 600 men, woman and children of one settlement in one day), theft from rival 'caravans', abuse of his wives, and horrifically he married his child Brodie Aisha when she was six years old before consummating his marriage when she was nine (he was 54 at this point).

There is also hundreds of versus that promote the killing of Jews, and versus that encourage non muslims to be forced to pay Muslims tax (jeezya tax).

Many Muslims will use snippets from the Quran that sound peaceful. For example Quran 5:32 "if anyone killed a person it would be if as if he killed all humanity". What Muslims don't like to talk about is the very next phrase, "unless he is causing mischief in he land". Ironically Muhammed considers any non Muslims 'mischievous'. So the Quran is only interested in preserving Islam as he foremost power in politics and theology and considers all non believers as infidels, not worthy and less of a human.

While there are many Muslims who don't actually read the texts or even take them seriously, and just associate Islam with their upbringing & culture, we cannot deny that these versus are real and in the Quran. In the west we like to bury our head and are far to afraid to confront an issue like this for fear of being labelled a racist, xenophobe or islamaphobe.

With current population growth of Islamic families having an average of 5 children to infidels 2, and with immigration continuing at its current rate it will only be a few generations before we have an Islamic majority electorate. Now tell me, is that not a scary prospect for your future family?

Islam 5 - 2 Infidels.

Decent result that.

As an atheist I'd be fairly top of most religions' hate list. Am I worried? Nah. Bollocks to the lot of 'em, and especially the individuals so deluded as to want to commit violence on 'the other' (and that includes the Thomas Mairs of this world).
Flashheart

« Reply #35 on: Sunday, March 26, 2017, 10:56:23 »

I agree but it could take an awfully long time, and it will most likely provoke more violence as they struggle to stop it.

Definitely. It won't happen overnight as people are scared, but it's on the rise. Authorities in the Middle East are trying to clamp down on it but you can't force people to believe.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Sunday, March 26, 2017, 17:39:03 »

I've seen how it works in Cambodia, albeit with patriarchy rather than religion. More confident, educated women there are less likely to accept an abusive husband or just stay home popping them out. The difference is no one there is shooting schoolgirls in the head for wanting an education.

Though no-one tried out that idea more thoroughly than Cambodia, on schoolgirls and anyone else.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Amir

« Reply #37 on: Sunday, March 26, 2017, 17:54:37 »

Though no-one tried out that idea more thoroughly than Cambodia, on schoolgirls and anyone else.

And the effects are still being felt today. Amongst other things, the national curriculum teaches that stars are rocks in the sky reflecting the light of the sun.
Amir

« Reply #38 on: Sunday, March 26, 2017, 17:57:33 »

Check out the fucking nutters that end up there too(on topic!)....Dossy might even get a date....

http://www.khmer440.com/chat_forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=58063

Flashheart

« Reply #39 on: Sunday, March 26, 2017, 18:15:51 »

Are you not still in Cambodia? You're speaking in past tense.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Sunday, March 26, 2017, 18:52:21 »

Religion and politics happen to be the two things I'm least interested in.  Pint

The problem is if you don't take an interest in politics, it will take an interest in you, especially your pay packet

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Amir

« Reply #41 on: Sunday, March 26, 2017, 19:32:44 »

Are you not still in Cambodia? You're speaking in past tense.

I'm in sunny England, trying to get a visa for the other half. I bought a small piece of land there so we can always move back, but I doubt it very much.
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Sunday, March 26, 2017, 19:58:44 »

Sunni England more like.
Amir

« Reply #43 on: Sunday, March 26, 2017, 20:25:29 »

Sunni England more like.

Cheesy

Shi'ite England for most of the year.

Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, March 27, 2017, 00:35:15 »

The problem is if you don't take an interest in politics, it will take an interest in you, especially your pay packet

That's kind of the rhetoric you give to school kids about voting. I certainly care about the political issues that affect me and my family and I'll always vote but I'll be fucked if I'm going to give up more than 5 seconds of my life to listen to politicians argue with eachother or worry about what Theresa May has or hasn't said about fishing subsidiaries. 

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: