Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: TEF wake for whits  (Read 25113 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #30 on: Monday, April 3, 2017, 20:36:23 »

I intend to go Donkey, I only met him a couple of times in person. Way I see it is this is the TEF wake, so not an intrusion into personal family stuff, and its paying respect to someone whose involvement in this site has played a big part in my football supporting life for the last too many years.
--
Am I right in thinking Whits used to sort the hosting for this site?
--
Also those that knew him far better, is there any family direction on donations to any given charities?

He did sort hosting for a while, think he chipped in half for a bit and the rest came from donations. I seem to recall it cost a fair bit to him personally!

Will be there on the 8th
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #31 on: Monday, April 3, 2017, 21:37:43 »

Also there. All TEFers welcome.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, April 3, 2017, 21:38:22 »

I intend to go Donkey, I only met him a couple of times in person. Way I see it is this is the TEF wake, so not an intrusion into personal family stuff, and its paying respect to someone whose involvement in this site has played a big part in my football supporting life for the last too many years.
--
Am I right in thinking Whits used to sort the hosting for this site?
--
Also those that knew him far better, is there any family direction on donations to any given charities?

Thanks, Batch. See you all there.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Flashheart

« Reply #33 on: Monday, April 3, 2017, 21:50:52 »

I can't come for obvious reasons. I've also not met Whits personally but he always struck me as a kind and whitty (sic) person.

My contribution to his memory is to suggest we name a TEF board after him. From what I've read, the "away days" board might be the most appropriate? That's a decision best left to those closer to him though, of course.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, April 4, 2017, 04:07:59 »

I'm not going to pretend I was a close personal friend of Whits, because I wasn't. I did spend spend a few away days in his company, so for me, renaming the away day board after him is a great idea.

It's All Good..............
Amir

« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, April 4, 2017, 06:56:07 »

I've only just seen this, really feel for his family having lost someone so young.

He always came across as one of the good guys. I'm sure those that knew him will honour his memory well.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, April 4, 2017, 07:16:50 »

Unfortunately I have other prior appointments or I would have popped along, I think the naming of the away days board would be excellent.

Spoke to Whits a couple of times about his illness as we both started treatment for cancer at a similar time, had no idea he had gone downhill so quickly as I thought he was over the worst.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Panda Paws

« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, April 4, 2017, 08:05:21 »

renaming the away day board after him is a great idea.

Great idea
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, April 4, 2017, 08:08:12 »

Same as a few on here, will never say he was the closest friend but i knew him well. He was a top lad and always smiling. I will be there Saturday so see you all there. I think getting a flag with Whits on Tour to take up permanent residence at the CG could also be a good idea if anyone fancies chipping in.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, April 4, 2017, 08:19:21 »

I think that is my chest in the picture (weird thing to recognise I know, more the Moles t-shirt) but I have no recollection of this. Where is it from?

Not a clue!

Gillingham away, 8th August 2009. The 5-0 drubbing.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, April 4, 2017, 08:35:13 »

Same as a few on here, will never say he was the closest friend but i knew him well. He was a top lad and always smiling. I will be there Saturday so see you all there. I think getting a flag with Whits on Tour to take up permanent residence at the CG could also be a good idea if anyone fancies chipping in.

Great idea. Will be there saturday also
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, April 4, 2017, 08:36:06 »

Gillingham away, 8th August 2009. The 5-0 drubbing.

No wonder I can't remember, I was hammered!

herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, April 4, 2017, 08:36:41 »

Great idea. I'll chip in.

Panda Paws

« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, April 4, 2017, 08:43:18 »

I think getting a flag with Whits on Tour to take up permanent residence at the CG could also be a good idea if anyone fancies chipping in.

I'll chip in. I'm coming Saturday now too so will hopefully pop in.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, April 4, 2017, 08:43:25 »

I will chip in

I cant attend Saturday but happy to paypal if something becomes available
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: