Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: One song  (Read 5915 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, April 4, 2018, 12:01:08 »

Oh yeah, right Smiley
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, April 4, 2018, 15:29:25 »

You a bit Drunk, Rob? Smiley

Johnny Cash - Hurt.
Such a moving song and video.

I do prefer the NIN version of this however, Mr Cash made this his own, especially as he was nearing the end of his time in this life. Encompassed probably everything he felt (or didn't feel) when he must've first heard that track.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, April 4, 2018, 15:49:47 »

I'm kind of in the Reg camp on this. Don't necessarily have 'one song' that takes me somewhere else. There are several already mentioned here that have the ability to 'move' me.

To appease the thread, for more modern times I'll go with Set It Off by Audioslave. A track which came from one of the best writers of Rock music and an album muchly underrated, whilst released into the smog and haze of the ever growing popularity of 'Reality Music competition shows'. Plus, I now miss that we'll never get to hear anymore original stuff created by this guy.

For a few decades back, for me it has to be the partially untapped talent of Freddie Mercury. He did so much in the short time he was around. A true instrument of a voice. We can only dream of some of the music he would've produced later on with or without Queen. On that note, These Are The Days Of Our Lives is another which has a power to grab me too. Incredible track.

Finally, to make some sense of my eclectic love of music, I always find several classical tracks (instrumental or with vocal) move me as well. In particular, Luciano Pavarotti's version of Nessun Dorma will always break me.

The saddest part personally - I never got to see these three perform live.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, April 4, 2018, 16:36:02 »

No 1 song defines me but 2 that immediately were in my thoughts as songs that are right up there as all time favs  have been mentioned already. Jonnny Cash - Hurt and Queen - days of our lives. Brilliant!
 Annie Lennox - cold doesn't get enough recognition imo. It's so damn good and I never tire of listening to it. It sends chills down my spine.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, April 5, 2018, 07:55:37 »

Best gig ever.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, April 5, 2018, 07:56:25 »

Creep - Radiohead.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, April 5, 2018, 09:00:32 »

Can't really say I feel defined by any song.... There's a lot of tracks that bring back a lot of memories. My dad used to drive to away games when I was a kid and he'd always have bands like Genesis, Pink Floyd, Rush, Mike & The Mechanics on in the car and so listening to them brings back really happy memories (even though we were shit and we'd usually get tonked I always loved going to away games). On the flip side I've lost a couple of friends and songs they were attached to or had played at their funeral are very difficult to listen to now.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, April 5, 2018, 09:53:42 »

did you say you were going to the brizzle gig? somebody here did

Don’t think it was me who said it, but I am going to the Brizzle gig next week. Went to Shepherds Bush Saturday after the game last week too. Relived my youth and loved it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, April 5, 2018, 10:15:17 »

excellent!

may have been confused as to where Horlock was going - I remember somebody disliking Miles Hunt with a passion..

never really got into the Neds myself, but going for the WS.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, April 5, 2018, 10:25:44 »

excellent!

may have been confused as to where Horlock was going - I remember somebody disliking Miles Hunt with a passion..

never really got into the Neds myself, but going for the WS.

Nah, not me with the Miles Hunt hating either but I understand he’s not everyone’s cup of tea.

I did it the other way and went for the Neds really. They’re alternating “headlining” I believe. I had Neds last week as went on the Friday, Stuffies went on first which was the right way around for me. :-)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: