Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bradford City Vs Swindon Town Matchday thread  (Read 31958 times)
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Sunday, March 19, 2017, 15:22:58 »

Just seen the highlights on FB and to be fair to that Bradford fan was right, they could have had 3 or 4 before we scored.
Well taken goal for Ajose but both of theirs could have been avoided, ok the equaliser was a bullet header ...

Spent yesterday out in the wilds and the night in the woods.  Infinitely better than going/listening to town.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Sunday, March 19, 2017, 16:12:01 »

Just been watching a video of Arsenal fans who are claiming that their players no longer want to play for Wenger, perhaps the same could be said for our players and Williams!
Hitchcock

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Sunday, March 19, 2017, 16:18:39 »

Just been watching a video of Arsenal fans who are claiming that their players no longer want to play for Wenger, perhaps the same could be said for our players and Williams!

Yeah - my heart bleeds - it must be terrible supporting them - Geez.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Sunday, March 19, 2017, 16:21:04 »

Yes, but sleeping member.

I could get motivated by a repeat of the mid 00's orange style putsch, but dislike the everyday bureaucracy inevitably needed to keep such an organisation going. Respect the people who are prepared to do it though.
So I'd be right in saying that you term yourself as part of the fan base that doesn't have the fight to help secure the future of the club then???

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Sunday, March 19, 2017, 16:33:03 »

Spent yesterday out in the wilds and the night in the woods.  Infinitely better than going/listening to town.

Drastic measures to avoid the result
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Sunday, March 19, 2017, 17:11:33 »

So I'd be right in saying that you term yourself as part of the fan base that doesn't have the fight to help secure the future of the club then???

As I said, I've no longer the motivation to get involved in the minutae and detail of the basic running of any organisation. But would be up for a bit of direct action.

Up until the time of Fitton/Black I considered that my shareholding was a means of helping to secure the future of the club, and the AGM as means of involvement. However that route of engagement has been severed....not it should be noted by Power but the lack of accountabilty suits him.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Sunday, March 19, 2017, 19:21:45 »

This type of negativity really irks me.
Super coach on the cheap, players on the cheap and after Powers profit you have a club with no financial problems.
To infer that the team is shit cannot help in their confidence. Please think twice before sharing your doom and gloom on this site.

Sorry, but I failed to be inspired by your version of positivity.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Monday, March 20, 2017, 12:08:17 »

Just seen Williams comments
'The players are desperate to concede to not have to live with the fact that they came away and won at Bradford so it’s easier to say we got beat.”
What the hell?
It's a variation on the "unable to cope with the reality of going ahead" nonsense we had a few weeks back. Basically he's saying that the team are mentally weak. Given that their "leader" increasingly sounds like Col Kurtz in his interviews, that's hardly surprising.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Monday, March 20, 2017, 13:19:07 »

Against my better judgement I went to the game yesterday.

Bradford weren't significantly better than us.  That's what annoys me the most about this season - this league is not very good.

It was the usual thing though, our players as a team aren't mentally strong.  I would bet that if we replaced Branco with an experienced CB who could marshal and lead the defence, we wouldn't have conceded two goals in the last 10 minutes.

Not mentally strong is an understatement. They are so poorly disciplined and so unfit it's actually mind boggling. You have to put that down to coaching. There are serious problems and have been for a long time... But what can you do when the Power(s) that be refuse to address a glaringly obvious issue?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Monday, March 20, 2017, 15:09:48 »

Not mentally strong is an understatement. They are so poorly disciplined and so unfit it's actually mind boggling. You have to put that down to coaching. There are serious problems and have been for a long time... But what can you do when the Power(s) that be refuse to address a glaringly obvious issue?

Yeah, but the OP on this thread seems to contradict.

http://thetownend.com/index.php?topic=56655.0
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Monday, March 20, 2017, 15:13:54 »

Yeah, but the OP on this thread seems to contradict.

http://thetownend.com/index.php?topic=56655.0

As the cliche goes, one week is a long time in football.

Let alone six months.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Monday, March 20, 2017, 15:18:24 »

As the cliche goes, one week is a long time in football.

Let alone six months.

Think the cliche applies to politics.... namely a week is a long time in politics, H Wilson.  Theresa May is finding that out right now.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Monday, March 20, 2017, 18:25:24 »

What the hell?

It's a variation on the "unable to cope with the reality of going ahead" nonsense we had a few weeks back. Basically he's saying that the team are mentally weak. Given that their "leader" increasingly sounds like Col Kurtz in his interviews, that's hardly surprising.
At least Kurtz had a Willard.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: