Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bradford City Vs Swindon Town Matchday thread  (Read 31971 times)
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Sunday, March 19, 2017, 10:20:46 »

Just seen Williams comments

'The players are desperate to concede to not have to live with the fact that they came away and won at Bradford so it’s easier to say we got beat.”

What the hell?

That is the most fucked up statement I have ever seen from a manager and shows how mentally screwed up the squad is.
Unbelievable.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Sunday, March 19, 2017, 10:56:41 »

Any town fans there care to comment (Wobbly?)

'Appalling by Swindon, no nothing what they did against us but against their own fans. No way they gave 100% most gutless team to come to VP this season by a long way, little effort at times and they didn't seem to give a toss,

“The effort was there but unfortunately the know-how is not,” said Williams. And to be fair the radio comms kind of said the effort was there, just not the ability.

So have we fallen so much that we can't even spot 100% effort now. I guess a lot of us were moaning about lack of fitness for quite a while, so maybe it that..
-------------------
@woooly : Also I only half listened to the interview so I assumed that quote was a twitter parody (Tans or fake Lee Power):

"“Instead, we play stupid and naïve and in the end it’s too big for us. The players are desperate to concede to not have to live with the fact that they came away and won at Bradford so it’s easier to say we got beat.”"

He actually said it? I mean I get he's on the spot and under pressure when being interviewed. But what the fuck point is he trying to make here?
Can only assume its Williams speak for "bottled it" but Huh?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Sunday, March 19, 2017, 11:05:32 »

I meant to highlight that comment by Williams last night but couldn't be arsed.

The guy and this group of players are beyond contempt at the moment. I was planning to go to a couple of home games in April but I really can't be bothered going anywhere near the place at the moment.

Roll on next season with hopefully a new management team and a new 'team' of players.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Sunday, March 19, 2017, 11:07:19 »

To be honest I'd have written this game off even if we weren't shite.

This type of negativity really irks me.
Super coach on the cheap, players on the cheap and after Powers profit you have a club with no financial problems.
To infer that the team is shit cannot help in their confidence. Please think twice before sharing your doom and gloom on this site.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Sunday, March 19, 2017, 11:08:48 »

Purely out of interest Reg are you a member of the Trust?

Yes, but sleeping member.

I could get motivated by a repeat of the mid 00's orange style putsch, but dislike the everyday bureaucracy inevitably needed to keep such an organisation going. Respect the people who are prepared to do it though.
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Sunday, March 19, 2017, 11:09:44 »

Rushing down the stairs yesterday to get some beers poured before the rugby started I slipped and fell down half a flight of stairs using my spine as an impromptu sledge.  

Spent next four hours experiencing the joy that is Reading A&E.  

I've subsequently calculated that the Bradford winner went in whilst I was hitting the third rung from the bottom.

At least I missed the rugby.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Sunday, March 19, 2017, 11:21:43 »

Rushing down the stairs yesterday to get some beers poured before the rugby started I slipped and fell down half a flight of stairs using my spine as an impromptu sledge.  

Spent next four hours experiencing the joy that is Reading A&E.  

I've subsequently calculated that the Bradford winner went in whilst I was hitting the third rung from the bottom.

At least I missed the rugby.

Ouch. I once did a full flight with a tray of hot tea. Post coital cuppa, ended up at PMH with scalding. Fortunately the facial blisters recovered, and the only scarring was to the arm. A lesson learned, how to go from cool to fool  Smiley
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Sunday, March 19, 2017, 11:27:50 »

To infer that the team is shit cannot help in their confidence.

Luckily you don't have to infer the team is shit. Watching a game and looking at the league table is the definite measurement. They are shit. Deal with it.
WestYorksRed

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Sunday, March 19, 2017, 12:03:14 »

I went yesterday, first time since August, house move followed by apathy as the autumn and winter months took hold keeping me away. Anyhow, this was on my doorstep so no excuses. Really expected nothing more than a drubbing. At times the defending was desperate and we did well to keep it to 0-0 for so long.

Of the new players that I hadn't seen before, Ince stood out for me, covered loads of ground but can't be expected to do it all alone. Of the ones I recognised, Gladwin - enigma, at times looks like a poor man's Waddle but totally not cut out for a battle as part of a struggling team, also got needlessly booked for backchat to the ref after somebody else's foul. Obika - poor for the first 70 but got better. Ajose - looked like he gave a shit, eg had a right go at Norris for a poor touch when he could have put Nicky clean through to add to a very well taken goal. Barry and Norris, coming on as subs, misplaced passes etc.

Personally I don't think it was lack of effort, somehow we had contrived to get to 1 up with 5 mins to go against a team that hasn't lost at home all season. Once we went 1 up, the home crowd got behind their team in a massive way, willed them forward, we just seemed to shit ourselves and we caved in.

Beyond a concern that I can't see where the catalyst is coming from for a relative improvement in performance in league 2 next season, not going to comment on the wider issues as I'm simply not close enough. Seen in the context of a single match, though, I've seen us play far worse away from home than that.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Sunday, March 19, 2017, 12:17:23 »

Thanks WYR. So battling, with effort but not the ability/experience then.

I guess in September I'd have been encouraged by that..hey ho...
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Sunday, March 19, 2017, 12:46:11 »

This type of negativity really irks me.
Super coach on the cheap, players on the cheap and after Powers profit you have a club with no financial problems.
To infer that the team is shit cannot help in their confidence. Please think twice before sharing your doom and gloom on this site.

From this I can infer that you don't know the difference between infer and imply. HTH.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Sunday, March 19, 2017, 13:00:41 »

Just seen Williams comments

What the hell?

I just saw this on facebook.  Some of the things he said in the interview after are totally bizarre. It honestly sounds like he's losing the plot a bit.

Is Power completely oblivious to what's going on? Does he even care.  I honestly think not.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Sunday, March 19, 2017, 13:08:32 »

“The effort was there but unfortunately the know-how is not,” said Williams. And to be fair the radio comms kind of said the effort was there, just not the ability.

So have we fallen so much that we can't even spot 100% effort now. I guess a lot of us were moaning about lack of fitness for quite a while, so maybe it that..
-------------------
@woooly : Also I only half listened to the interview so I assumed that quote was a twitter parody (Tans or fake Lee Power):

"“Instead, we play stupid and naïve and in the end it’s too big for us. The players are desperate to concede to not have to live with the fact that they came away and won at Bradford so it’s easier to say we got beat.”"

He actually said it? I mean I get he's on the spot and under pressure when being interviewed. But what the fuck point is he trying to make here?
Can only assume its Williams speak for "bottled it" but Huh?

Saw it pretty much the same as WestYorksRed.

The effort was there although maybe some of the recent performances have been better.
I wouldn't equate an inability to see out a 1-0 for the final 15 minutes with being gutless and not trying.
Just a lack of game management know how, which is what we've seen all season from a group that does have individual talent, but when put together are not effective enough as a team.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Hitchcock

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Sunday, March 19, 2017, 13:38:48 »

The team, the manager and the whole club at the moment is a joke.  I thought we had a glimmer after the recent wins but Chesterfield and Port Vale did for me.......we are slipping into Division 4 and I don't see any quick return.  What makes it worse is that those t*ssers from the other end of the A420 are having their best season for ages and are going to Wembley soon/have a Chairman who invests in their club.  Could be a long time before we play them again.
NorthernRed

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Sunday, March 19, 2017, 15:03:54 »

Against my better judgement I went to the game yesterday.

Bradford weren't significantly better than us.  That's what annoys me the most about this season - this league is not very good.

It was the usual thing though, our players as a team aren't mentally strong.  I would bet that if we replaced Branco with an experienced CB who could marshal and lead the defence, we wouldn't have conceded two goals in the last 10 minutes.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: