Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bradford City Vs Swindon Town Matchday thread  (Read 31959 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Saturday, March 18, 2017, 18:05:48 »

then we are fucked
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Saturday, March 18, 2017, 18:14:47 »

then we are fucked

The time for a bit of experience was Jan.  Tactics Tim even said it was needed. We got an array of kids and a couple of old boys... tbf there were some on here who were quite pleased with trading, although it was obvious, we'd actually weakened, losing Furlong and Doughty, shipping out a couple of bodies Delf and Murray and having 7 loans when only 5 can play.

I'm sure Power no more thinks we're on track to the Conference, than he thought we'd go to Div 4.
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Saturday, March 18, 2017, 18:28:02 »

No Reg Div 4 is even worse for the model. Inexperienced lightweight  kids will struggle more down there
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Saturday, March 18, 2017, 18:29:10 »

tbf there were some on here who were quite pleased with trading, although it was obvious, we'd actually weakened

Could you be a tiny bit less smug about the fact we're in the shit?

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Saturday, March 18, 2017, 18:34:32 »

then we are fucked

As is usual Reg appears to be overly pessimistic. We're not in a good place that's true but then that has been par for the course since most of the time I've supported Town since the late '80s. I often wonder whether Reg plays the "broken watch is still right twice a day" game for the sake of it.

« Last Edit: Saturday, March 18, 2017, 18:41:23 by ghanimah » Logged

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Johnny Reeves

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Saturday, March 18, 2017, 18:55:53 »

"blah blah blah blah blah" - Williams

Quite right,and blah blah blah to power on twitter and also blah blah blah to the blind " at least we're not in debt brigade"
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Saturday, March 18, 2017, 19:00:05 »

Power's on Twitter?  Girl Giggle

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Saturday, March 18, 2017, 19:02:06 »

Could you be a tiny bit less smug about the fact we're in the shit?

It's about trying to reach an answer to the question which is lurking in the back of my mind... viz has this season been some kind of plot by Power to get us down, or just plain being clueless? 

Either answer is frightening, but I consider the answer to be found in the window. Power obviously thought he'd done enough in the window, a view supported by several fans on here. I guess you were in that camp, so it suggests being clueless as his efforts were at least credible to some.

If we are to deduce the fella is clueless, then what's to suggest he'll suddenly change  Hmmm
woolster

« Reply #143 on: Saturday, March 18, 2017, 19:02:44 »

As is usual Reg appears to be overly pessimistic. We're not in a good place that's true but then that has been par for the course since most of the time I've supported Town since the late '80s. I often wonder whether Reg plays the "broken watch is still right twice a day" game for the sake of it.

but the other times we were in Div 4 we had some desire to get out of it, not sure this time there will be, time will tell
Johnny Reeves

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Saturday, March 18, 2017, 19:04:06 »

Miss-information,I use the same source as power with scouting players.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Saturday, March 18, 2017, 19:06:19 »

It's about trying to reach an answer to the question which is lurking in the back of my mind... viz has this season been some kind of plot by Power to get us down, or just plain being clueless? 

Either answer is frightening, but I consider the answer to be found in the window. Power obviously thought he'd done enough in the window, a view supported by several fans on here. I guess you were in that camp, so it suggests being clueless as his efforts were at least credible to some.

If we are to deduce the fella is clueless, then what's to suggest he'll suddenly change  Hmmm

Regardless of what's happening to call people clueless because they apparently couldn't see what you could see is arrogance, that's the point I was making.

For the record I had no opinion of what happened in January, I certainly didn't get excited about the possibility of a major turnaround.  Losing doughty was a blow, gaining Ajose a plus. The rest a wait and see.

Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Saturday, March 18, 2017, 19:07:19 »

Miss-information,I use the same source as power with scouting players.

You've got Tim Sherwood in your shed?

Johnny Reeves

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Saturday, March 18, 2017, 19:09:39 »

You've got Tim Sherwood in your shed?

If i had a shed i would have a look.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Saturday, March 18, 2017, 19:23:10 »

How many games have we ended conceding the last 15 minutes, not good enough and certainly not fit enough.  bet they will get their usual Monday off!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Saturday, March 18, 2017, 19:23:30 »

Regardless of what's happening to call people clueless because they apparently couldn't see what you could see is arrogance, that's the point I was making.

For the record I had no opinion of what happened in January, I certainly didn't get excited about the possibility of a major turnaround.  Losing doughty was a blow, gaining Ajose a plus. The rest a wait and see.

I've called no-one outside of the management clueless. The point is that the fact that some were happy with the window,  suggests it was at least some sort of credible effort, meaning that Power did at least try a sticking plaster.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: