Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 ... 109   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trust look to buy the CG  (Read 382197 times)
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #1065 on: Thursday, February 6, 2020, 17:58:19 »

From memory, the initial 19.69 is to show there is sufficient interest to then move things on to matched funding where the relatively big numbers will be required.
I don't believe all the Eady money went into the Community Foundation Building. Almost half of it was funded by the Premier League.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1066 on: Thursday, February 6, 2020, 18:45:16 »

I don't believe all the Eady money went into the Community Foundation Building. Almost half of it was funded by the Premier League.

If not all a significant chunk....

Jon Holloway, head of STFIC, said: “We are extremely grateful and appreciative of the contribution from the Nigel Eady Trust.

“The significant support from the Nigel Eady Trust and its trustees has enabled us to turn our long term vision and dream into a reality.

“This legacy from a very loyal Swindon Town supporter makes this project extra special.

“We will now endeavour to do everything possible to make sure that this new community sporting facility is a fitting tribute to Nigel and a lasting legacy for the trust.”
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #1067 on: Thursday, February 6, 2020, 19:00:56 »

This could be one of those Sliding Doors moments in our history like reinstating Macari in 85 when it all goes upwards afterwards.

When we say do you remember in 2020 when we got 13,000 against Exeter, Doyle and Yates banging in the goals. Wellens got us promoted and the supporters and club bought the CG.

We have had too many times when it's gone to shit on the moment of progress. Missing out on promotion in 1969/70 and 1979/90, the 1990 demotion, selling Shearer in 1992, Hoddle leaving in 1993 and Di Canio in 2013.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #1068 on: Thursday, February 6, 2020, 19:18:46 »

Looking forward to buying my share and seeing what the redevelopment of the stadium involves, hopefully a new Town End Stand. Can’t see anything other than Stratton Bank being demolished and a new build commence.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1069 on: Thursday, February 6, 2020, 19:24:55 »

We could go for a fence end
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #1070 on: Thursday, February 6, 2020, 19:27:05 »

If not all a significant chunk....

When I was given a tour of the facility before the Port Vale game I was advised by the representative that the Eady input was around the £1m mark which would indicate that there should be a similar amount remaining.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1071 on: Thursday, February 6, 2020, 19:28:46 »

Would be great if they could dig out those Italian designs from decades ago and use them as inspiration for some new build stands.

The stars are indeed aligning:

Decent young Manager
Finally getting some momentum on the pitch
Possible Training ground development
Fans and Club buying the ground - I don't know how much more engagement you can get bar buying the club itself
Catering contract 3 years (?) from being handed back to the club
A back office that seems to have some energy

If the club and stadium company use this opportunity wisely, there is a good possibility of having some positive years ahead.
Flashheart

« Reply #1072 on: Thursday, February 6, 2020, 19:37:02 »

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Power could turn out to be the best owner this club has had in a generation. Longer, even. 

But let's wait to see it actually done first, and all that.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1073 on: Thursday, February 6, 2020, 19:40:56 »

When I was given a tour of the facility before the Port Vale game I was advised by the representative that the Eady input was around the £1m mark which would indicate that there should be a similar amount remaining.

Perhaps then there might be an investment into the CG....
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #1074 on: Thursday, February 6, 2020, 19:52:06 »

Perhaps then there might be an investment into the CG....
Fingers crossed, it would be the most obvious option available to the estate at present & would likely meet the criteria needed.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1075 on: Thursday, February 6, 2020, 20:11:33 »

This could be one of those Sliding Doors moments in our history like reinstating Macari in 85 when it all goes upwards afterwards.

When we say do you remember in 2020 when we got 13,000 against Exeter, Doyle and Yates banging in the goals. Wellens got us promoted and the supporters and club bought the CG.

We have had too many times when it's gone to shit on the moment of progress. Missing out on promotion in 1969/70 and 1979/90, the 1990 demotion, selling Shearer in 1992, Hoddle leaving in 1993 and Di Canio in 2013.

Yes

Our history is punctuated by nearly periods... going back to Fleming's era... 2 FA Cup semis and 2 SL titles.

You could pobably include 63/64 in there when Jon Boorman made the documentary about us.

I would say those 60's into 70 sides would have been the time when most balls were aligned for making a step up.... we could have been a contender, something a bit like Ipswich.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #1076 on: Thursday, February 6, 2020, 20:55:54 »

I would say those 60's into 70 sides would have been the time when most balls were aligned for making a step up.... we could have been a contender, something a bit like Ipswich.
[/quote]

I did an A Level General Studies coursework on football attendances in the late 80s. You could pick anything to cover as a coursework.

I wrote to Dave King then club secretary at STFC and in his reply cited Ipswich as an example of a club that invested in their ground in the 1960s and reaped the benefits.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #1077 on: Thursday, February 6, 2020, 21:03:42 »

Any ground redevelopment is fantastic and needed BUT I would like to really greedy if given the choice. I dont want a nice new stand with new facilities on Stratton bank for the away fans, I would want that for us first. do the basics on Stratton bank- toilet block and catering shop, leave the rest until 'phase 2' at least.

sounds weird even talking about it all those years thinking something might happen.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #1078 on: Thursday, February 6, 2020, 21:06:16 »

Bloody great news, really well done to everyone involved.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1079 on: Thursday, February 6, 2020, 21:08:45 »

I did an A Level General Studies coursework on football attendances in the late 80s. You could pick anything to cover as a coursework.

I wrote to Dave King then club secretary at STFC and in his reply cited Ipswich as an example of a club that invested in their ground in the 1960s and reaped the benefits.

Yep.... Ipswich were relatively late arrivals to the FL, and we used to play tem all te time in Div 3S in the 40's 50's. It was Sir Alf who got them on the up.  The clubs owners were Cobbolds, local brewers, noted for doing things properly.  John Cobbold who was chair for years was a proper toff.

Ipswich and Swindon would have been similar in population size in the 60's.... Swindon now twice the size of Ipswich.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 ... 109   Go Up
Print
Jump to: