Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 ... 109   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trust look to buy the CG  (Read 382156 times)
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #1050 on: Thursday, February 6, 2020, 16:14:00 »

There would surely be more than 2300 buy into this, therefore generating more money.
Is 2300 the minimum amount or is that the only numbers that can buy in?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1051 on: Thursday, February 6, 2020, 16:17:33 »

I always understood the Trust had their share of the money ready and available. The amount being asked for now is tiny - unless it’s just to show intent.

Yet again, I’ll ask about the Eadie money. Is it a yes or no?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1052 on: Thursday, February 6, 2020, 16:18:05 »

I thought that a million quid had to be raised?

It also says 'at least 2,300 supporters need to commit to purchase a community share in the joint venture with a minimum price of £19.69'

To me this suggests that fans can pay more than £19.69. Perhaps there is a tiered amount that people can contribute?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1053 on: Thursday, February 6, 2020, 16:25:40 »

I always understood the Trust had their share of the money ready and available. The amount being asked for now is tiny - unless it’s just to show intent.

Yet again, I’ll ask about the Eadie money. Is it a yes or no?

In all the bollocks about fan engagement, I've pointed out a number of times that the Eadie money went to FiTC you can see the result on the extension. No way was Power getting near that.

This is now a golden opportunity for some proper fan engagement....
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #1054 on: Thursday, February 6, 2020, 16:30:24 »

im in. can i have a key?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1055 on: Thursday, February 6, 2020, 16:32:46 »

iirc yes to tiers - the amount put in entitles you to 1 share, regardless. we are all the same in that regard.

But they may offer incentives for putting more in.

and yes, 2300 minimum number of people required to make this viable as a community share thingy. it's over to us.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1056 on: Thursday, February 6, 2020, 16:37:12 »

Yes, I assume the share is going to be £19.69 and if you contribute more you can have your name on the wall or sponsor the Town End Bar or something.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1057 on: Thursday, February 6, 2020, 16:43:38 »

It's going to be vital, once they announce the details in March, that they go full Blue Peter Bring and Buy Sale on this.  In reality we need something like 6k fans offering 100 quid each for their shares on average, with matched funding and assuming 1.2m needs to be raised for a 50% share.

It will no doubt get a get a good start but then dry up a little if people don't see progress being made.  Needs a constant focus.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #1058 on: Thursday, February 6, 2020, 16:53:17 »

Think the AGM will be well attended. Will be good to know what plans they have, if any, for the ground. Would love to see the Stratton Bank die and a new away end built
Flashheart

« Reply #1059 on: Thursday, February 6, 2020, 16:56:37 »

Would love to see the Stratton Bank die and a new away end built

But that stand must be an integral part of the wind tunnel design. They'll need to take that into account when building a new one.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1060 on: Thursday, February 6, 2020, 16:58:48 »

I did wonder whether we could pull up a big cover behind the Town End when we attack that way, to cut off the wind tunnel when it is against us.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1061 on: Thursday, February 6, 2020, 17:08:34 »

This entire thread makes for interesting reading. The process has evolved from one of mild enthusiasm married with a huge dollop of cynicism to one of almost universal approval.

Even when the JV was announced (page 45 or thereabouts) Reg was enthused!

If the exchange of contracts is a matter of weeks away has any timescale actually been given for any redevelopment?

Flashheart gave a good prediction way down this thread

‘I don’t think we mean to be in this league for very long’
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #1062 on: Thursday, February 6, 2020, 17:12:19 »

It's going to be vital, once they announce the details in March, that they go full Blue Peter Bring and Buy Sale on this.  In reality we need something like 6k fans offering 100 quid each for their shares on average, with matched funding and assuming 1.2m needs to be raised for a 50% share.

It will no doubt get a get a good start but then dry up a little if people don't see progress being made.  Needs a constant focus.

You can rest assured the Trust already has a large proportion of what is needed. But we need 2200 fans at least to purchase at 19.69 per share to reach the full amount and satisfy the relevant rules around the purchase . Obviously the more invested by the fans then the more the trust has to.invest in works on the CG to improve it on top of the purchase. I would encourage as many mans as possible to get involved so we can really get this over the line and make the CG the stadium we all want it to be etc.
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #1063 on: Thursday, February 6, 2020, 17:48:13 »

Excellent news, i'll be chipping in to this, as will my Dad when we're able to buy shares.
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #1064 on: Thursday, February 6, 2020, 17:55:07 »

Things must be on the up, even my wife who hates all things football declared we should all get some especially the boys as it is their club for the future.
Wonders will never cease!!
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 ... 109   Go Up
Print
Jump to: