Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 ... 109   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trust look to buy the CG  (Read 382141 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #990 on: Friday, March 22, 2019, 12:19:29 »

I like the idea that a person can invest from as little at 19.69, very catchy.  Clearly that won't be enough, so we need people to be buying in higher stakes than that in general, but it allows every fan of earning age the opportunity to invest at a minimum.

What will be useful once the vehicles for investment are confirmed is to ensure this is front and centre in the local media practically every day.  I'm intrigued to know whether or not the funding already agreed is contingent on any factors, such as reaching certain milestones.  It would likely give some impetus if a decent wedge would appear early on - giving hope to people that their little contribution will indeed get us closer to the end game.  Without that funding you need 5,500 fans to give 200 each, so it soon chips away at the scale of investment and showing just how achievable this really can be.

Question for those that might know - what is the plan if the funding is exceeded?  Are the excess funds then available to the joint venture as capital spend towards any development costs?  Also, I might be able to find this, but is the aim to still act as a Holding Co for the ground and lease the use to STFC, but at a far reduced rate, or free?  I presume the holding co is going to have running costs that need funding beyond development capital.

Great work guys.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #991 on: Friday, March 22, 2019, 12:44:29 »

Initially, my thoughts were that 100% Trust ownership of the CG, was more desirable..... but on reflection, I think trying to co-operate with Power, or whoever the owner might be has to be better than alienating them.

Did Reg just tip us for promotion?
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #992 on: Friday, March 22, 2019, 13:22:42 »

Good stuff. I particularly liked the pic of Carol with her teddy then and now, also good to see the Squires' contribution and acknowledgement of Richard's work. It is the best statto fan site in football.

I've said before, the spirit of the club only now exists with such things and people like P lowman and the SAS travel volunteers.

Initially, my thoughts were that 100% Trust ownership of the CG, was more desirable..... but on reflection, I think trying to co-operate with Power, or whoever the owner might be has to be better than alienating them.

Who are you and what have you done with Reg?

Seriously though, fair play. Totally agree with everything in that post.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #993 on: Friday, March 22, 2019, 13:57:11 »

I hacked Reg's account. It's all too easy when your password is "ThePowerOfSteam1969" Cheesy

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #994 on: Friday, March 22, 2019, 14:57:59 »

Reg, an epiphany moment?  Smiley

My concern is keeping the club at the CG.... with that in mind initial thoughts swayed towards 100% Trust, but that requires twice the money, it will be hard enough to raise the 1.1, but probably 2.2 would be too much and therefore the CG would have fallen entirely to Power or backers.

You can see similar things happening at Posh, currently, they're presently in the sort of spot league wise where we might aspire to be.  MacAnthony and another couple of investors who've joined recently are looking to buy London Road from PBC, and move. The cost 8 mill.... Posh Trust have the first dibs deal, as there is a convenant for community use, but can't afford it.

It is that sort of $ because PBC bought it back from previous owners, to ensure football stayed in the City... further they built a new award winning stand recently.

Posh's gates even doing well in Div 3 aren't too much more than ours in the bottom half of Div 4.... so no real justification for moving.

Trust 50% ownership and the covenant, ought to be enough to lock in football at the CG
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #995 on: Friday, March 22, 2019, 16:04:12 »

My concern is keeping the club at the CG.... with that in mind initial thoughts swayed towards 100% Trust, but that requires twice the money, it will be hard enough to raise the 1.1, but probably 2.2 would be too much and therefore the CG would have fallen entirely to Power or backers.

You can see similar things happening at Posh, currently, they're presently in the sort of spot league wise where we might aspire to be.  MacAnthony and another couple of investors who've joined recently are looking to buy London Road from PBC, and move. The cost 8 mill.... Posh Trust have the first dibs deal, as there is a convenant for community use, but can't afford it.

It is that sort of $ because PBC bought it back from previous owners, to ensure football stayed in the City... further they built a new award winning stand recently.

Posh's gates even doing well in Div 3 aren't too much more than ours in the bottom half of Div 4.... so no real justification for moving.

Trust 50% ownership and the covenant, ought to be enough to lock in football at the CG

I'd say that the hard work starts now.
Haven't got a calculator to hand, but £19.69 x 6,000 seems like not enough, when it would be fantastic for individual supporters contributions to make up the majority of the contribution of the commitment from the Trust (major backers aside).

Time for everyone to dig as deep as they can when the time comes (and not just rely on the matched funding).

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #996 on: Friday, March 22, 2019, 16:25:09 »

I'd say that the hard work starts now.
Haven't got a calculator to hand, but £19.69 x 6,000 seems like not enough, when it would be fantastic for individual supporters contributions to make up the majority of the contribution of the commitment from the Trust (major backers aside).

Time for everyone to dig as deep as they can when the time comes (and not just rely on the matched funding).

I haven't looked too closely, but getting the say 2000 at 19.69, just shows that you're serious and is a sort of first step.

You'd like to think that would be doable... and then see.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #997 on: Friday, March 22, 2019, 16:33:47 »

I haven't looked too closely, but getting the say 2000 at 19.69, just shows that you're serious and is a sort of first step.

You'd like to think that would be doable... and then see.
I suspect it might average out more like £30-40 a head - a lot will go in at 19.69, but some will chip in £50 or £100. Leaving aside larger individual donations. There's two aspects really - the total amount raised and the total amount of individuals, each are just as important as the other, in order to demonstrate the support is there, as you say
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #998 on: Friday, March 22, 2019, 16:59:43 »

That's why I think the 19.69 combined with a major investment combined at the start would be good to build the impetus.  You could probably get a few hundred donations quickly outside the ground at that rate, add in someone sticking a six figure investment and you'll quickly have both numbers and a milestone ticked off on the financial side.  If it seems achievable, I think people will continue to build on top of that quickly.

They can take $130 from me - I paid that for an Atlanta Utd game last year for two tickets so I think I can stump up that to invest in my clubs future.  I presume people can continue to add to their investment - knowing they only get one vote still.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #999 on: Friday, March 22, 2019, 17:03:00 »

I presume people can continue to add to their investment - knowing they only get one vote still.
Oooh, that's a good shout. Anyone from the Trust care to comment on that? And if you've not already allowed a mechanism to do that is it too late to build one in? i.e. start off at 19.69 but a pledge to keep adding say 20 quid a month until you get to a ton for example?
Panda Paws

« Reply #1000 on: Friday, March 22, 2019, 17:35:46 »

Oooh, that's a good shout. Anyone from the Trust care to comment on that? And if you've not already allowed a mechanism to do that is it too late to build one in? i.e. start off at 19.69 but a pledge to keep adding say 20 quid a month until you get to a ton for example?

This is a great shout - some sort of payment plan almost, either automated or manual. I'd happily do £50 a month for the next 6 months, but £300 in one go is tough...
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #1001 on: Friday, March 22, 2019, 20:53:12 »

I'm actually going to buy some shares as christmas/birthday  presents. Better than socks or amazon vouchers for family based fans. I might even ask for some as well as buying.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #1002 on: Friday, March 22, 2019, 21:42:51 »

Maybe with the new CG ownership we could resurrect this design for the Arkells.

https://calcioengland.wordpress.com/2019/03/22/florence-rome-swindon-how-the-grand-master-of-italian-stadium-design-nearly-made-his-mark-in-england/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Sent from my HTC U11
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #1003 on: Friday, March 22, 2019, 22:33:53 »

It's a great point. Everything these days is mundane, and created for flock minded imbeciles. If something is built I'd love a left field design. Keep em talking, keep em coming back.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #1004 on: Saturday, March 23, 2019, 00:05:30 »

I'm actually going to buy some shares as christmas/birthday  presents. Better than socks or amazon vouchers for family based fans. I might even ask for some as well as buying.

Cheers Sutton. Hadn't even thought of this! Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 ... 109   Go Up
Print
Jump to: