Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 ... 109   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trust look to buy the CG  (Read 382085 times)
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #840 on: Tuesday, March 5, 2019, 18:33:17 »

Hi All
The trust and supporters have to raise 1.1m with the club funding the other 1.1m. if interested in investing and buying shares please come along to the Trust AGM on March 15th which is also a celebration of the 50th anniversary of the league cup win. It's at the Mecca in Swindon .
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #841 on: Tuesday, March 5, 2019, 18:42:25 »

Are tickets needed? What sort of level of individual investment is required?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #842 on: Tuesday, March 5, 2019, 18:46:19 »

It’s in the name of Swindon Town Football Club

Not lee power limited

Not exactly an answer is it....

suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #843 on: Tuesday, March 5, 2019, 18:46:45 »

Fantastic news, whatever Reg Trotsky thinks.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #844 on: Tuesday, March 5, 2019, 18:50:26 »

Get Berniman to organise it, piece of cake Smiley

I got this..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #845 on: Tuesday, March 5, 2019, 18:52:55 »

Not exactly an answer is it....

It doesn’t fall into lee powers hands

It falls into Swindon town football clubs hand

Lee power owns the football club. He is not the football club

Your question doesn’t make sense

Things get better but they never get good
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #846 on: Tuesday, March 5, 2019, 19:04:01 »

Fantastic news, whatever Reg Trotsky thinks.

Out of interest, what do you think will happen that is "fantastic", which couldn't have happened previously?
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #847 on: Tuesday, March 5, 2019, 19:09:06 »

Wonder how much the trust need cos I know James Phipps invested quite a lot.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #848 on: Tuesday, March 5, 2019, 19:10:19 »

£1.1m in total - chicken feed!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #849 on: Tuesday, March 5, 2019, 19:25:10 »

It doesn’t fall into lee powers hands

It falls into Swindon town football clubs hand

Lee power owns the football club. He is not the football club

Your question doesn’t make sense

A lot of this stuff has been gone over many times on here... however here's something PaulD wrote earlier in the thread and Trust and ground stuff is something he knows a bit about..

But if the council are looking to sell the CG, then the alternatives to the Trust are considerably less appealing - asset strippers or only ever being one forced sale away from asset strippers. If the club (or separately it's owners) had owned the CG under Diamandis or when Black threw his toys out of the pram into the grateful lap of Jed, there wouldn't be a County Ground now. And probably not a club, either. So while your misgivings are understandable, if it's going anywhere I'd far rather it went to the Trust.

My original response to Flasher's question of what happens if the Trust can't find the money, is answered here. 

You may regard Power as benevolent, and trustworthy of ground as well as club ownership, personally I'll carry on being sceptical.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #850 on: Tuesday, March 5, 2019, 19:32:20 »

So chuck a commitment in and help the Trust ensure 50% ownership?  It's 50% or nothing now a price is agreed.  Given that the land is probably as low in value as it eve can be, it's likely that in a worse case scenario in the future you could cash in.  Best case scenario we provide an asset for the club to use and ensure it gets investment (not going to happen unless in disrepair based on current standoff with Council and tenant), and provide new protection against asset strippers given the political environment has moved to selling off any and all assets.
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #851 on: Tuesday, March 5, 2019, 19:40:02 »

Are tickets needed? What sort of level of individual investment is required?
It's a free event if you goto our site hear and click the register link that's all that is needed 😀
We will talk about the process and investment level on the night but it is designed to be affordable for all fans.
http://truststfc.tv/2019-anniversary-party-agm/
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #852 on: Tuesday, March 5, 2019, 19:51:50 »

I'd like to think, Mr Phipps, that if I buy a share, I can have the small patch of grass I sponsored in 1994 or sometime around then :-).  I got a replica 1969 shirt as I remember, 25 years on, great timing, some might suggest " well engineered"!
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #853 on: Tuesday, March 5, 2019, 19:57:24 »

A lot of this stuff has been gone over many times on here... however here's something PaulD wrote earlier in the thread and Trust and ground stuff is something he knows a bit about..

My original response to Flasher's question of what happens if the Trust can't find the money, is answered here. 

You may regard Power as benevolent, and trustworthy of ground as well as club ownership, personally I'll carry on being sceptical.
Reg. A genuine question. As a gentleman who clearly has plenty of time on his hands (& that isn't a dig but based on the amount of content you have posted on here) have you offered your services to the Trust in any way, shape or form?

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #854 on: Tuesday, March 5, 2019, 20:19:40 »

The Trust AGM on the 15th provides a timely opportunity for people who have misgivings to go along and raise their concerns and to seek reassurance about the necessary safeguards.  If ‘prior commitments’ prevent attendance in person, then I’m sure the Trust would be happy to receive written questions beforehand so that they can be addressed on the day and recorded for posterity.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 ... 109   Go Up
Print
Jump to: