Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 ... 109   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trust look to buy the CG  (Read 382355 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #750 on: Thursday, September 20, 2018, 10:09:36 »

I've absolutely no idea what this means  Smiley but I like it.  For me there are a lot of mushrooms in the field at the moment, some of them with interesting side effects.

Basically there are loads of consultant/development companies popping up offering services to clubs who wish to develop stadia etc, however, from my experience a lot of this is purely an aspiration and thus there are lots of plans on paper and in peoples heads but very little bricks and mortar for these companies to show that they can actually deliver, thus STFC present a real opportunity for progress that is reasonably easy to deliver!

Yeah, there intentions are sound, but they do annoy a few who see them as trying to represent the whole fan base.

As said, I'm sure inviting them to the meeting is more of a bridge building exercise to try and get people to pull together. I'm sure we can be as optimistic or skeptical about that as we like!

Good stuff, I await their statement on the matter, painted on a bed sheet, with baited breath.....
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #751 on: Thursday, September 20, 2018, 10:10:31 »

Perhaps they should consult the Facebook group and their head cheerleader the odd fellow the Cheltenham fan who seems to think he knows it all

I come from a land down-under
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #752 on: Thursday, September 20, 2018, 10:13:43 »

Can we set up a TEF committee and steering group to provide input?...

Looking at GW Reds website, whilst I am not doubting their enthusiasm I would not be consulting with any organisation that appears to have no formal structure (or donating them any money) and they can fuck right off merely for that American shite on their logo alone!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #753 on: Thursday, September 20, 2018, 10:14:00 »

Basically there are loads of consultant/development companies popping up offering services to clubs who wish to develop stadia etc, however, from my experience a lot of this is purely an aspiration and thus there are lots of plans on paper and in peoples heads but very little bricks and mortar for these companies to show that they can actually deliver, thus STFC present a real opportunity for progress that is reasonably easy to deliver!

Good stuff, I await their statement on the matter, painted on a bed sheet, with baited breath.....

Ah I see...bit like Mr Whippy then. So Morfuni, wants to use STFC to get a foot in the door, as leverage to move on to bigger and better?
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #754 on: Thursday, September 20, 2018, 10:36:31 »

I hope safe standing gets a mention by at least one of the supporters groups.

Weren't the Trust open to the idea?

A new Town End filled with a seething, bare chested mass of ultras jumping up and down for 90 minutes wouldn't be a bad thing.

Not all would approve I'm sure.

We'll probably get those clapping contraptions instead.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #755 on: Thursday, September 20, 2018, 10:41:43 »

I hope safe standing gets a mention by at least one of the supporters groups.

Weren't the Trust open to the idea?

A new Town End filled with a seething, bare chested mass of ultras jumping up and down for 90 minutes wouldn't be a bad thing.

Not all would approve I'm sure.

We'll probably get those clapping contraptions instead.

If that were to happen the GW Reds would explode with joy...

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #756 on: Thursday, September 20, 2018, 12:04:11 »

Talk is cheap actions speak louder, but as long as TrustSTFC are involved then I'm sure things are likely to be done correct, Trust had plans of their own I assume these plans are what the club have come up with, so with Trust having their own plans and developers interested then there has to be a middle ground somewhere with it being a 50/50 partnership
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #757 on: Thursday, September 20, 2018, 12:04:34 »

Whilst we remain at this level with crowds no where near capacity, with the obvious exception of big followings it makes no sense to move away fans from the Arkells to the Bank, roof or no roof. We’d be losing money on ticket sales for a start, not to mention the advantage away sides would have with their own fans behind the goal.

A turd polishing excercise - the stand needs pulling down.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #758 on: Thursday, September 20, 2018, 12:12:30 »

Whilst we remain at this level with crowds no where near capacity, with the obvious exception of big followings it makes no sense to move away fans from the Arkells to the Bank, roof or no roof. We’d be losing money on ticket sales for a start, not to mention the advantage away sides would have with their own fans behind the goal.

A turd polishing excercise - the stand needs pulling down.

The only semi-convincing argument I've heard for a roof on the Bank (in its current guise) is that it would allow the club to run home fan promotions like the time the Trust did the schools thingy. No disruption to regulars then.

Obviously this falls down if Power is still running the show.

Long term though the Bank would be needed to move those in the Townend while it gets redeveloped. Yes you could probably scatter them among the side stands I suppose to save on unnecessary costs.

Flashheart

« Reply #759 on: Thursday, September 20, 2018, 12:19:01 »

I don't like a roof on the SB because it suggests that it's not being earmarked for much-needed redevelopment. By which I mean knocking it down and starting again. It was falling apart when I was still there.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #760 on: Thursday, September 20, 2018, 12:24:17 »

Sure it will be as someone else mentioned. Get the roof on, flatten the TE, build that, then knock out everything below the new roof and rebuild the SB internally.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #761 on: Thursday, September 20, 2018, 12:37:31 »

Sure it will be as someone else mentioned. Get the roof on, flatten the TE, build that, then knock out everything below the new roof and rebuild the SB internally.
This option makes the most sense to me too. There is no way they can leave the SB as it is, as its been crumbling away since the 80's.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #762 on: Thursday, September 20, 2018, 12:38:38 »

On another note, this article lists Lee Power as being worth £45 million. Cant see it myself.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/revealed-richest-owners-efl-aston-2024729.amp?__twitter_impression=true
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #763 on: Thursday, September 20, 2018, 13:33:52 »

And that’s just the women!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #764 on: Thursday, September 20, 2018, 14:15:22 »

On another note, this article lists Lee Power as being worth £45 million. Cant see it myself.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/revealed-richest-owners-efl-aston-2024729.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Probably lifted from the handy Wiki guide to club owners that I posted up a while back...
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 ... 109   Go Up
Print
Jump to: