Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 ... 109   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trust look to buy the CG  (Read 382035 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #735 on: Thursday, September 20, 2018, 08:28:53 »

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/16891062.swindon-towns-clem-morfuni-hails-progress-of-county-ground-purchase/
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #736 on: Thursday, September 20, 2018, 08:38:47 »

GW Reds?  Huh?

Why haven't they consulted with the TEF as well. Morfuni out!

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Flashheart

« Reply #737 on: Thursday, September 20, 2018, 08:40:54 »

I missed that. WTF? That's really going to go their heads.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #738 on: Thursday, September 20, 2018, 08:43:11 »

Just been reading that.  Curious in many ways.  Morfuni does sound like a doer, which sort of begs the question what's in it for him  Hmmm

Clearly if you nip over from the Antipodes once a month, you're making an effort.... in which case to start by sticking a roof on the Bank, at a club you've no known interest in does seem a bit unambitious.

However, taken at face value, it all seems good.... at least realistic.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #739 on: Thursday, September 20, 2018, 08:54:01 »

GW Reds?  Huh?

Why haven't they consulted with the TEF as well. Morfuni out!

I think the TEF should always be on the outside.... OK I know there were a couple of posters who Jed could buy off with a pint in the Legends Lounge, but he was largely seen through pretty much straight way on here.
Panda Paws

« Reply #740 on: Thursday, September 20, 2018, 08:56:39 »

The idea of GW Reds being consulted.... I mean let's be honest - that's lip service right? There's no way that's going to be anything more than pleasantries.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #741 on: Thursday, September 20, 2018, 09:16:34 »

Are they the banner lot?

Promising on the surface, although no idea what the reasoning is for the roof on Stratton early in the project, its rarely used and away fans with cheap tickets anyway not sure what income it will provide, Town End and corporates makes more sense for some early wins.

As for what Axis game I assume that its building work and profile for them or a subsid, I know there are a growing number of stadium development companies emerging so someone obviously feels its  a growth market and getting delivery on the portfolio is a key thing as there is a lot of aspiration in the field at the moment.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #742 on: Thursday, September 20, 2018, 09:25:19 »

Are they the banner lot?

Promising on the surface, although no idea what the reasoning is for the roof on Stratton early in the project, its rarely used and away fans with cheap tickets anyway not sure what income it will provide, Town End and corporates makes more sense for some early wins.

As for what Axis game I assume that its building work and profile for them or a subsid, I know there are a growing number of stadium development companies emerging so someone obviously feels its  a growth market and getting delivery on the portfolio is a key thing as there is a lot of aspiration in the field at the moment.

I've absolutely no idea what this means  Smiley but I like it.  For me there are a lot of mushrooms in the field at the moment, some of them with interesting side effects.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #743 on: Thursday, September 20, 2018, 09:26:04 »

The idea of GW Reds being consulted.... I mean let's be honest - that's lip service right? There's no way that's going to be anything more than pleasantries.

And probably a lot of them begging him to bring back the club legend Sendles-White

I come from a land down-under
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #744 on: Thursday, September 20, 2018, 09:31:13 »

growing murmurs of another financial crisis round the corner, a significant risk of the uk economy taking a big hit next march.

It would be peak Swindon Town to embark on a major ground redevelopment right at the time the economy goes tits up

Things get better but they never get good
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #745 on: Thursday, September 20, 2018, 09:37:42 »

growing murmurs of another financial crisis round the corner, a significant risk of the uk economy taking a big hit next march.

It would be peak Swindon Town to embark on a major ground redevelopment right at the time the economy goes tits up

One of the factors implied by Brexit, was that the hit to trade and investment with Europe, could be easliy made up with trade and investment with former colonies in the Anglophone world and emerging economies, so STFC as a sort of Trojan Horse for convict companies, could fit with that.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #746 on: Thursday, September 20, 2018, 09:51:44 »

At a guess, will be the home end while town end is flattened
« Last Edit: Thursday, September 20, 2018, 11:11:15 by @mwooly63 » Logged
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #747 on: Thursday, September 20, 2018, 09:59:02 »

On the surface this all looks good, in practice only time will tell.

I am pleased they are consulting fans but not so much that they are consulting the GW Reds who I don't think represent the vast majority of Town fans. Yes they try their hardest but they don't speak for me, they have a different, often naïve bordering on childish stance. Its purely because they have had contact with the club in the past setting up banners/song sheets etc that the club have chosen them to speak to I would think.

I want to see the full plans and where the funding is coming from before I get too excited but this has to be good for the clubs long term County Ground future.

I understand the covering of the Bank, it will be used by Town fans while the work is done and then afterwards it will centralize the away following rather than having them mingle in the Arkells pre and post game with Town fans making them easier to police.
« Last Edit: Thursday, September 20, 2018, 10:01:06 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #748 on: Thursday, September 20, 2018, 10:00:45 »

Are they the banner lot?

Yeah, there intentions are sound, but they do annoy a few who see them as trying to represent the whole fan base.

As said, I'm sure inviting them to the meeting is more of a bridge building exercise to try and get people to pull together. I'm sure we can be as optimistic or skeptical about that as we like!
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #749 on: Thursday, September 20, 2018, 10:05:33 »

The club have been told to speak to all groups no doubt
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 ... 109   Go Up
Print
Jump to: