Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 ... 109   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trust look to buy the CG  (Read 382044 times)
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #615 on: Wednesday, June 13, 2018, 12:03:05 »

The trust used to talk to that Mr Whippy bloke on here didn't they?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #616 on: Wednesday, June 13, 2018, 12:49:52 »

Negotiations via Twitter? Rarely a good move (unless they're looking to rebrand as TrumpSTFC)

I'm assuming they've exhausted the traditional route. And it is a big assumption, but given I think that
       "... open, honest and productive discourse with @Official_STFC / Lee Power"

to me seems as likely as England winning the world cup 27-0 v Panama in the final, I reckon its a fair one.

Reasoning: If he's serious about buying it himself - he's not going to talk to anyone.
------------
Anywho, I got a bit fed up of waiting and put my monthly £10 into Netflix. Sorry Trust.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #617 on: Wednesday, June 13, 2018, 12:56:06 »

The trust used to talk to that Mr Whippy bloke on here didn't they?
No
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #618 on: Wednesday, June 13, 2018, 13:54:22 »

They should have.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #619 on: Thursday, June 14, 2018, 11:44:41 »

He had the plans in his head you know
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #620 on: Thursday, June 14, 2018, 11:57:55 »

I'm assuming they've exhausted the traditional route. And it is a big assumption, but given I think that
       "... open, honest and productive discourse with @Official_STFC / Lee Power"

to me seems as likely as England winning the world cup 27-0 v Panama in the final, I reckon its a fair one.

Reasoning: If he's serious about buying it himself - he's not going to talk to anyone.
------------
Anywho, I got a bit fed up of waiting and put my monthly £10 into Netflix. Sorry Trust.

The Trust isn't just for Christmas. Or the attention deficient. It's about who's looking after your interest for the long-term. They can keep taking my subs.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #621 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2018, 09:34:07 »

The Trust isn't just for Christmas. Or the attention deficient. It's about who's looking after your interest for the long-term. They can keep taking my subs.

Keep up the good work Froggy.  This latest Trust update in the Adver is worth a read.

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/16346369.the-latest-trust-matters-column-from-truststfc/

They note the disconnect between fans and club the general apathy for what may become an existential battle in the 125th year of football on the site.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #622 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2018, 09:56:26 »

Keep up the good work Froggy.  This latest Trust update in the Adver is worth a read.

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/16346369.the-latest-trust-matters-column-from-truststfc/

They note the disconnect between fans and club the general apathy for what may become an existential battle in the 125th year of football on the site.
You manage to read that or see it on line Reg?  It is impossible to read in my hard copy of the Adver.  White writing against the background of a pitch with flecks of white in it and a solid white half way line running through it.  Well done Adver!!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #623 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2018, 10:10:35 »

You manage to read that or see it on line Reg?  It is impossible to read in my hard copy of the Adver.  White writing against the background of a pitch with flecks of white in it and a solid white half way line running through it.  Well done Adver!!

On-line Ronnie.  I parted ways with the hard copy some years ago.... probably when my mother passed, she'd keep the hard copies for me to read  Smiley

Thinking about that I even knew a few people who had moved abroad who'd get copies sent out to them in some far flung corner of the old empire.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #624 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2018, 11:24:26 »

A while back they advised to stop the monthly payments and save towards community shares.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #625 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2018, 12:10:27 »

On-line Ronnie.  I parted ways with the hard copy some years ago.... probably when my mother passed, she'd keep the hard copies for me to read  Smiley

Thinking about that I even knew a few people who had moved abroad who'd get copies sent out to them in some far flung corner of the old empire.

When I lived in both Scotland and Luxembourg my dad would make sure my gran would keep the weekend advers for me to read to catch up with the football and speedway news when I would visit her when back in Swindon. Good memories.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #626 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2018, 12:57:50 »

The Adver site is dreadful. Constantly crashes about 2 to 3 minutes into whichever article I'm reading, regardless of which device I use!

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #627 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2018, 13:29:46 »

The Adver site is dreadful. Constantly crashes about 2 to 3 minutes into whichever article I'm reading, regardless of which device I use!

To be fair to them (no really), I think that's just about every local rag web site, they are so clogged with superfluous bollocks they just won't load properly.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #628 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2018, 13:42:19 »

I remember as a child my Gran used to send a copy of the Gazette & Herald to Manitoba every week for one of the family.

If I recall correctly the husband used to work on the Canadian railways
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #629 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2018, 14:01:46 »

I remember as a child my Gran used to send a copy of the Gazette & Herald to Manitoba every week for one of the family.

If I recall correctly the husband used to work on the Canadian railways

As BO points out it's funny how these little rituals of life, seemingly quite trivial get phased out by the modern world. Does it make the world a better place  Hmmm
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 ... 109   Go Up
Print
Jump to: