Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 ... 109   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trust look to buy the CG  (Read 382201 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #570 on: Friday, March 23, 2018, 17:36:48 »

If you were risking 15m on an investment, you wouldn't want 15m back. You'd want 15m and then some more. Rather a lot more...

15-20% is the norm in property....
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #571 on: Friday, March 23, 2018, 17:43:35 »

Myte, I think you are missing the point a little, although I appreciate the time you have taken.

The Onus is on the Trust!

it may be a Supporter ownership model, but you are in the driving seat, you need to get everyone to follow.  That's two NDA's - I can tell you now, I'd be amazed if this isn't your Achilles heal.  For all you do that is good, whether you think it is relevant or not, people will be wary.  I live in a country where a guy who made up all the Facts runs the damned place, enough people will read into it entirely the wrong things.  You are right that the shareholding approach means it shouldn't matter, but it will.

On the business plan, people are looking for some flesh on the bones.  Yes the club will pay rent, and you will reinvest that.  What people are looking for is what then?  How will the Trust owning the stadium lead to higher revenue for the club - corporate hospitality, new facilities etc.  How does the revenue share work on those new items - does the Trust take it and reinvest? do they up the rent? do they let the club keep it all over and above a base rent etc.  Nobody would buy a freehold commercial real estate without having a long term financial plan in place, so people will ask these questions, and more so because they are concerned about what the club does.  People will look and think do we get ourselves into an ACL/Sisu standoff, rightly or wrongly.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #572 on: Friday, March 23, 2018, 17:44:19 »

15-20% is the norm in property....
10 years worth of saved rent?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #573 on: Friday, March 23, 2018, 17:47:29 »

Presumably the rent will be spent on other modifications and dilapidations.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #574 on: Friday, March 23, 2018, 18:18:25 »

Actually is this any different to Power forking out to redevelop part of the ground and then pocketing the proceeds for the first 10 years - where does this stand with the oft repeated view that no one should profit from the club?
Who has that view? Don't think I've ever heard anyone say that
Flashheart

« Reply #575 on: Friday, March 23, 2018, 18:26:53 »

I've heard it often. Here and elsewhere.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #576 on: Friday, March 23, 2018, 18:35:57 »

I've heard it often. Here and elsewhere.
Fair enough, I must have just ignored it as being ludicrous
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #577 on: Friday, March 23, 2018, 18:45:35 »

I've said nobody should rinse the club making a profit, like through wonga type loans.

not sure I remember a not for profit post, but I barely remember before lunch
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #578 on: Friday, March 23, 2018, 18:48:36 »

I've said nobody should rinse the club making a profit, like through wonga type loans.

not sure I remember a not for profit post, but I barely remember before lunch
Not rinsing the club is different to not making a profit though, don't think anyone would want the club rinsed, likewise surely it's unrealistic to expect people to just throw money into a business with no expectation of a return (no matter how unrealistic)?
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #579 on: Friday, March 23, 2018, 18:58:20 »

Also welcome Steve and thanks for answering questions from us.
This. A lot of talkers but not many walkers out there. You deserve a lot of credit for spearheading such a positive attempt to getting something done.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #580 on: Friday, March 23, 2018, 20:55:34 »

My question is what about Stratton Bank? It won’t just go away no matter how much all the parties try to forget about it. Why spunk £15M on a new Town End and not even mention SB? Surely it’s a a matter of time before it’s condemned?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #581 on: Friday, March 23, 2018, 21:11:36 »

not a massive problem if it is condemned really at the moment.
Panda Paws

« Reply #582 on: Saturday, March 24, 2018, 02:38:52 »

Bulldoze it and replace it with a huge fucking billboard.
Mightymyte
SECRET SQUIRREL

Ignore
« Reply #583 on: Saturday, March 24, 2018, 09:49:16 »

Regarding the proposed new Town End, yes, it’s much more expensive than a usual stand because it would be the first of it’s kind in the UK, and would be multi-purpose. The developer would own and operate for the payback period – suggested as 10 years, based on their business plan. The football club would continue to receive the ticket revenue for the matches played during this time.

At the end of this period ownership would revert back to the stadium owner (Trust or Council or Club) and the developer would maintain a minority stake in future income generated.

Taking my Trust hat off for a moment, and having met the people behind this, my initial view is that this is a fantastic opportunity – not just for Swindon Town, but also for the Town of Swindon.

This would be a massive investment into our Town, and could bring some great publicity too. We must however dig into the detail, and at the moment we cannot, as we do not yet own the stadium.

Keep in mind that this is PHASE 2 work, ownership of the stadium needs to be concluded one way or another, and further due diligence is definitely required. I say again, the devil is in the detail.

I appreciate that the supporter ownership model is proving difficult for people to get their heads around, but we have put fans into a great position. We have effectively been on hold for some time, hence the lack of news – but my fear is that apathy slips in, so off the back of the AGM and the feedback you have given here, we are stepping up our communications in the months to come.

It’s likely we will hear nothing from the Council until the summer (at least) – and as there are local elections looming - we may, in fact, have a different party in control, nobody knows.

I sense the frustration, and I have experienced that same frustration myself many times – but one thing this process has taught me is that we have to be patient.

We will use this time between now and the decision to get the communications right, so I urge you again to email info@truststfc.com if anything springs to mind (with regret I won’t be in this forum all the time, but will pop in now and then).

RobertT,

Regarding the NDA situation – It is what it is, but when the time is right and when the relevant parties are comfortable, the information will be released.

On the business plan: As mentioned, the Community Share offer when launched will confirm that all shareholders will be equal. These shareholders will agree the initial business plan going forward.

Yes, the club will pay rent, and yes, we will reinvest that rent back into Swindon Town FC.  At the moment that money goes to the Council, in our proposed world it will simply go back into the STFC.

The income will be reinvested back into the club in one form or another, and it will happen from day one, assuming we haven’t had to rely on any loans to get this over the line. How it gets reinvested will not be a Trust board decision, it will be the decision of X thousand community shareholders.

The Trust will employ a team to seek out further business opportunities and to work toward a 7 day a week income, which will then also be reinvested back into Swindon Town FC. As above, we have already attracted one potential major investor, and have had many other interesting conversations, I’m confident others will follow. Each will have their own business case and might well include corporate hospitality, and such like.

All of the questions you ask will be part of a wider discussion with those Community Shareholders, who will each have an equal vote on how the money is reinvested back into the club. That might mean a rent reduction, it might mean a rent increase, it might mean the club keep it all over and above a base rent.

Regarding the Stratton Bank, again this is something that can be invested in – community share holders might decide it’s a priority and put all revenue toward developing that.

At the moment, the football club are responsible for maintaining the stadium and addressing any dilapidation, and our due diligence shows the required works to be significant.  If shareholders agreed to it, our income might be spent on helping to address this.

I’m sure the club will have their own vision for the stadium, but if these plans don’t ever come to fruition, there will be no way of addressing the matter and there will be no accountability.

Once the stadium is sold to a third party – it’s gone forever…………except in our case, where it won’t be – supporters will be in total control, and in a position to work together and bring about positive change.

Supporters owning the stadium ensures it’s safety for the future. If at any point it’s not going how people want it to go – there will be a democratic process to elect new people to run the show, and new leaders will be brought in to take the stadium forwards.

The shareholding fans will be in control, always.

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #584 on: Saturday, March 24, 2018, 09:51:35 »

Bulldoze it and replace it with a huge fucking billboard.

Or a fence
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 ... 109   Go Up
Print
Jump to: