Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 109   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trust look to buy the CG  (Read 382092 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: Friday, February 23, 2018, 14:38:00 »

nope, realise it's a difficult job when you have other commitments but the communication has been fairly shocking since the initial proposal was presented at Mecca.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: Friday, February 23, 2018, 14:50:25 »

But that's just the risks Paul,we can't not want to move forward. We can argue that we shouldn't really trust the trust after what happened with Northampton.

I am going to go against what most think but if we get promoted this year and Power buys the ground and sells to a better equipped person to take us forward then we could argue he has been the best chairman we have had in a long time.

That eventuality is actually a 50/50 possibility so let's just wait and see.

At least you've nailed your colours to the Power mast, but let's be clear as such we've had 2 owners. Black and now Power.   SSW was sort of owner, but had other people on a Board and still conducted club matters in a traditional way.

I can see nothing much in Power's tenure of STFC to suggest that he has the acumen to progress the club.  Whether if he did get the ground, it would spell the end of the club is moot, but I'd rate 50/50 as too favourable.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: Friday, February 23, 2018, 15:07:07 »

nope, realise it's a difficult job when you have other commitments but the communication has been fairly shocking since the initial proposal was presented at Mecca.

Perhaps they should never have got our hopes up by making the announcement at such a religiously significant location?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: Friday, February 23, 2018, 15:09:49 »

SSW was sort of owner, but had other people on a Board and still conducted club matters in a traditional way.

I cannot comment on local custom having never actually lived in Swindon, but I am not aware of the traditional business custom of getting a Greek bloke to piss your money up the wall??
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: Friday, February 23, 2018, 16:45:43 »

I cannot comment on local custom having never actually lived in Swindon, but I am not aware of the traditional business custom of getting a Greek bloke to piss your money up the wall??
Perhaps more significant is that he was a disqualified director so should not legally have been running any business, much less our club.
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: Friday, February 23, 2018, 20:17:15 »

All this talk of strippers reminds me of the Grapes and the Piccadilly.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: Friday, February 23, 2018, 22:06:44 »

You may have to enlighten the entitled generation as to the appalling sexist behaviour and degradation of women and the sisterhood in the Piccadilly. Would also be helpful to let them know where it was so they can protest outside or something.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: Saturday, February 24, 2018, 00:23:29 »

You may have to enlighten the entitled generation as to the appalling sexist behaviour and degradation of women and the sisterhood in the Piccadilly. Would also be helpful to let them know where it was so they can protest outside or something.

You really do talk some shit mate

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Sir Cliff Pipehard

Ignore
« Reply #458 on: Saturday, February 24, 2018, 00:48:52 »

Sunday lunchtimes at the Grapes with that fat cunt compare like Bernard Manning with a Swindon accent introducing the lovely Marinda from Slough.
Lots of shaving foam too if I remember correctly.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #459 on: Saturday, February 24, 2018, 00:52:06 »

You really do talk some shit mate
Do we know each other?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: Saturday, February 24, 2018, 02:03:30 »

Sunday lunchtimes at the Grapes with that fat cunt compare like Bernard Manning with a Swindon accent introducing the lovely Marinda from Slough.
Lots of shaving foam too if I remember correctly.

Smiley
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #461 on: Tuesday, March 6, 2018, 11:09:35 »

Back on topic, a short newsletter from the Trust today says they're continuing to talk with the Council but (a) the Club's recent interest in buying the freehold and (b) the forthcoming Council elections mean any meaningful progress now unlikely before the summer.  The Trust say they are looking to find ways to work together with the Club for the "right outcome".  That's all well and good but are the Club interested in working with the Trust???
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #462 on: Tuesday, March 6, 2018, 11:22:48 »

That's all well and good but are the Club interested in working with the Trust???

I think we know the answer to that one...
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #463 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2018, 09:30:02 »

It's the Trust's AGM tonight.  Anyone else going along?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #464 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2018, 10:28:46 »

can't go tonight unfortunately. Ben Wills, and probably the trust are live tweeting.

But usually there are one or two bits that are left out of those so any reports back from those that make it greatly received - especially the ground issue
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 109   Go Up
Print
Jump to: