Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 109   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trust look to buy the CG  (Read 382170 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: Tuesday, February 20, 2018, 17:15:01 »

Just think it could be renamed the King Power Stadium....oh no, that has gone. If it was moved out of Town it could become the "Lee Delemere Arena"   Soapy Tit Wank Pint

More likely be something like The Waterford Paddy Power Stadium.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: Tuesday, February 20, 2018, 17:22:59 »

More likely be something like The Waterford Paddy Power Stadium.

If we got Paddy Power on board we would have something we don't enjoy now.....

A pot to piss in!
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Tuesday, February 20, 2018, 17:56:28 »

..........................How far do we go with this, even if Power decided to pump a few mill in and then proceed with a development for no personal gain, any contractor doing work would profit from the scheme so why should they and not Power - I know I am being silly in this example but where does it stop?
Don't disagree.

That is why I would like to substitute the Trust for Power in this project. 

Agree with everything else you say and am not convinced about the Trust - just more so than by Power (or most other potential private owners)
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Tuesday, February 20, 2018, 20:28:25 »

Don't disagree.

That is why I would like to substitute the Trust for Power in this project. 

Agree with everything else you say and am not convinced about the Trust - just more so than by Power (or most other potential private owners)
Surely buying the ground is a no brainer for Power. The club are paying £150-200k rent a year and all the maintenance costs. SBC are willing to sell for £2m then it pays for itself in 10 years and the club is maintaining its own asset.

Power has already mentioned it improves the resale value when he decides to sell up. Power has been willing to invest heavily in players when there is a good chance of selling on e.g. Luongo so why not the ground.

Only problem might be renaming it the Aden Flint County Ground from the sell on fee if he moves on in the summer.

Sent from my HTC U11
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: Tuesday, February 20, 2018, 21:17:47 »

Whenever things have been looked at before which involve an effort to redevelop and turn a profit, they've always fallen down on what you can actually do on the footprint, hence why the plans have tended to be about getting the CG on the cheap to sell up, relocate to a new prob out of town or Shaw Tip type site and build on the greater CG site to fund it.

What's different now?
Shaw tip is still a tip with a few trees on it / community forest.
Witchelstowe is a floodplain inhabited by great crested newts.

Whatever happened to Terry King and FRAG ?
« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 20, 2018, 21:22:46 by Mother Brown » Logged
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #410 on: Wednesday, February 21, 2018, 08:19:16 »

Witchelstowe is a floodplain inhabited by great crested newts.

People with no engineering degree still spouting this crap I see.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Wednesday, February 21, 2018, 09:54:13 »

People with no engineering degree still spouting this crap I see.

Easy way to find out....

https://flood-map-for-planning.service.gov.uk/
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #412 on: Wednesday, February 21, 2018, 10:10:33 »

I don't need to look it up, the whole estate is built about 3 metres higher than ground level, and surrounded by drainage channels, run offs, a massive fucking field which has rivers running through it in multiple directions, 2 lakes and a canal which is always half empty.

Oh and the house came with a 1000 year flood guarantee.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: Wednesday, February 21, 2018, 10:18:03 »

As the nearest I have been to that part of Swindon was when my old man rolled a car down an embankment of the M4 with me unbelted in the back on that stretch when I was a kid about 30 years ago I couldn't possibly comment.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #414 on: Wednesday, February 21, 2018, 10:29:33 »

I did look it up Smiley

More chance of flooding in Rodbourne than in Wichelstowe.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: Wednesday, February 21, 2018, 12:12:01 »

Therein lies the problem, as the club has no money, shows little sign of ever having any substantial amount of money and one cannot borrow money without someone profiting on the project development is never going to happen.

Power (or in fact any owner unless they are a mental fan and uber wealthy) isn't going to spend £50m+ buying and then developing the ground for nothing in return, its the paradox of football club supporting, fans moan about season tickets going up and having to pay 50p more for a burger, then in the next breath moan that the owner won't spend millions of their money with no return.  

How far do we go with this, even if Power decided to pump a few mill in and then proceed with a development for no personal gain, any contractor doing work would profit from the scheme so why should they and not Power - I know I am being silly in this example but where does it stop?
I knew there was a capitalist Tory in you somewhere. There’s no such thing as a free lunch, someone will have to pay somewhere along the chain.

Let’s see how this sale pans out and who the eventual owner/s turns out to be. Then we can all go batshit crazy with theories and heresay.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: Wednesday, February 21, 2018, 12:59:08 »

So if Power buys the ground then sells the ground off along with the club for a tidy profit to a developer that is only interested redeveloping and to make money from the ground and associated businesses that would have to go with it, would everyone still be happy.

This is why the plans from both sides are crucial, I fear the trust will be open about what their plans are and how they see the future, but Mr Power will not as it is down to him and nobody else.

Time will tell, this is stfc after all so it cant be straightforward.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: Wednesday, February 21, 2018, 13:10:37 »

So if Power buys the ground then sells the ground off along with the club for a tidy profit to a developer that is only interested redeveloping and to make money from the ground and associated businesses that would have to go with it, would everyone still be happy.

This is why the plans from both sides are crucial, I fear the trust will be open about what their plans are and how they see the future, but Mr Power will not as it is down to him and nobody else.

I have no idea what the ideal outcome is to be honest, what is noteworthy (IMO) is that nearly a week after these latest developments occurred the Trust appear to have been entirely silent on the matter. I can only assume that the 6 month moratorium they could ask for as part of the ACV designation (which they made such a song and dance about) has passed and Power now sees an opportunity.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: Wednesday, February 21, 2018, 13:17:13 »

The Trust open? They won’t even say who their investors are or made any communications since this all came out. They’ve been less open than even Power!
hammondt1

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: Wednesday, February 21, 2018, 13:35:57 »

I would have to disagree with the comment the covenant 'means piss all.'

I work in planning and was doing some research on a site in the Gloucestershire area and nearby was a site that Taylor Wimpey won planning permission for 100 homes. But the development didn't meet the criteria of the covenant so the scheme had to be stopped and the 24 houses that were built had to be demolished. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-16309548

It all depends on the covenant. Developers can try many different ways to circumvent a covenant but they are normally pretty tight.

As has been debated at length on here sadly means piss all. If the Council do sell to Power our biggest hope down that route will be whatever clauses they put in any contract regarding uplifts, right to sell on and, as I would expect, repeat the sporting covenant in their sale document to him along with equally draconian measures to maintain its sporting community use.

However, there is still silence on the ACV issue from the Trust, as I understand it they can request a 6 month moratorium if the owner decides to sell (which I assume they did when this all kicked off), I wonder whether this 6 months has now ceased hence Power now getting heavily involved as the Trust have persuaded the Council they want to sell (the law of unforeseen circumstances I fear) but have not made tangible process within the 6 month window, plus there is no legal requirement for the Council to actually sell to them meaning as I mentioned at the time the ACV designation is not the golden bullet many were suggesting it was?

However the ACV is also a material planning consideration for things like demolition so it gives the Trust (or anyone else for that matter) the ability to hold the Council to account on subsequent planning applications should Power go down that route and also leaves the door open to a JR if the Council do not attach sufficient value to the ACV in the planning process, or go against their own development plan in making any decisions.

Things are far from lost, but fucking hell the Trust could desperately do with saying something.... anything.... about where they are with things  Hmmm FWIW I am equally fearful of the Trust buying the ground with the funds of a few wealthy (and as its stands entirely unknown) backers....

Twitter-----@hammondt1
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 109   Go Up
Print
Jump to: