Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 109   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trust look to buy the CG  (Read 382149 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Tuesday, November 7, 2017, 13:49:28 »

I guess whoever your syndicate involves, you "vote on the vote" privately and then whichever one represents you, votes in favour of your syndicates outcome.

It would possibly make sense for the Trust to make available (I am sure it will have been done in other cases and thus SD can probably advise) some manner of short document that syndicates could adapt and sign to formalise things if they so chose.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Tuesday, November 7, 2017, 14:04:36 »

It's tricky though.  They will have set the minimum contribution at £500 precisely because they need a critical mass of supporters getting behind the scheme with personal contributions of £500.  If they are seen to encourage syndicates, word will go round that that's what everyone is doing - and they'll end up with half of the fanbase chipping in £20 each...which will get us nowhere near the £1 million target.

They're treading a tightrope, because neither will they want to discourage those fans for whom £500 is out of the question.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, November 7, 2017, 14:11:56 by Ardiles » Logged
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Tuesday, November 7, 2017, 14:34:01 »

It's tricky though.  They will have set the minimum contribution at £500 precisely because they need a critical mass of supporters getting behind the scheme with personal contributions of £500.  If they are seen to encourage syndicates, word will go round that that's what everyone is doing - and they'll end up with half of the fanbase chipping in £20 each...which will get us nowhere near the £1 million target.

They're treading a tightrope, because neither will they want to discourage those fans for whom £500 is out of the question.

True but 2000 fans @ £500 should be easily surmountable to reach £1mil. Don't forget in "community projects" people who don't even like sport tend to put their hand in their pockets too. I'd go as far to say that we will have the funds regardless of uptake in fan shares. Every little helps as one capitalist supermarket says. With around 4000 regular, 1000 pick & choose, and another 1000 occasionals. I'm certain 1/3 of that lot would be interested in buying a personal share at £500. The other 2/3? Well if they were in 5 person syndicates @£100 each, that would still raise £400k alone.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Flashheart

« Reply #318 on: Tuesday, November 7, 2017, 14:43:00 »

I think I read on here somewhere that they already have the funds available if needed. I don't know how true that is, though.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Tuesday, November 7, 2017, 15:05:07 »

I think I read on here somewhere that they already have the funds available if needed. I don't know how true that is, though.

Yes I had also read this on here somewhere too. I also cannot validate the truth though but it's a distinct possibility that they have the funds.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Tuesday, November 7, 2017, 15:18:53 »

If they don't, the Trust will want to quash that rumour immediately.  If they do, the motivation for going out to the fans would, I guess, be to maximise fan participation/involvement in the club's future.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Tuesday, November 7, 2017, 16:04:54 »

I think that's the "matched funding" they speak of, no? I.e. they have £1m or so on a promise, which would have been enough at the original price?
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Tuesday, November 7, 2017, 17:32:55 »

I would be tempted to put £500 from business more so than personal. Things like paving slabs and brick walls can be good permanent advertising. i wonder if that would be allowed? Would be a lot easier to shift the 2000 slabs from local companies than from individuals in my eyes
Christy

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Tuesday, November 7, 2017, 21:17:18 »

I'll be in - when I get a job / life  Grrr
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Thursday, December 14, 2017, 19:44:51 »

I see Plymouth have had permission to redevelop the main stand at Home Park & AFC Wimbledon have had permission to build a new ground im Merton. Really hope the Trust can push on with their plans. We are getting left behind as things stand.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Friday, December 15, 2017, 10:42:28 »

I see Plymouth have had permission to redevelop the main stand at Home Park & AFC Wimbledon have had permission to build a new ground im Merton. Really hope the Trust can push on with their plans. We are getting left behind as things stand.
Dunno about getting left behind, we were left behind years ago. Can’t be many grounds left in the football league that don’t have any executive boxes and what not, even the small grounds like FGR have them.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Friday, December 15, 2017, 14:19:50 »

At least we have a traditional ground.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Friday, December 15, 2017, 15:13:24 »

At least we have a traditional ground.

We do.  And it's in a traditional town centre/inner city location as well.  We'd miss that terribly if it ever changed.

But we have to do something with the ground soon.  The last time we did anything significant with it was 1994.  Even our 'new' stand is now a generation old.  There can only be a handful of clubs that have gone as long as that without investing in their infrastructure.

Absence of any movement in that area is surely an integral part of our slow, steady decline.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Friday, December 15, 2017, 15:14:42 »

It's depressing to look at all the clubs who have surpassed us with new stadia. I wonder how we'd be getting on had the front garden or shaw tip developments had gone ahead?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Friday, December 15, 2017, 15:26:24 »

It's depressing to look at all the clubs who have surpassed us with new stadia. I wonder how we'd be getting on had the front garden or shaw tip developments had gone ahead?

Think that is difficult to say, there's clubs with new grounds who've struggled, and others with traditional grounds who've done OK.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 109   Go Up
Print
Jump to: