Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trust look to buy the CG  (Read 21880 times)
JanTheMan

+0/-0

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Friday, July 21, 2017, 14:11:01 »

Without sounding unnecessarily negative, the thing that gets me is that after 3-4months of the Trust initiative (which I commend and support), just 325 people have signed up……..and I suspect the majority are bronze members (£60 pa) and over 100 were already paying a monthly fee!  Whichever way you dress it up, it is piss poor.  To a certain extent we live in ‘The Townend’ bubble where we think everyone cares.  The figures would suggest otherwise. 

To put it into perspective, if 50% of monthly contributors come from Swindon and 50% from outside the town, under 0.1% of the town’s population are interested in buying the ground.  For it to be a success these numbers surely have to multiply by 10.

singingiiiffy

+10/-6

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Friday, July 21, 2017, 15:49:43 »

Without sounding unnecessarily negative, the thing that gets me is that after 3-4months of the Trust initiative (which I commend and support), just 325 people have signed up……..and I suspect the majority are bronze members (£60 pa) and over 100 were already paying a monthly fee!  Whichever way you dress it up, it is piss poor.  To a certain extent we live in ‘The Townend’ bubble where we think everyone cares.  The figures would suggest otherwise. 

To put it into perspective, if 50% of monthly contributors come from Swindon and 50% from outside the town, under 0.1% of the town’s population are interested in buying the ground.  For it to be a success these numbers surely have to multiply by 10.

its not promoted enough though? for the amount of coverage the trust gets online I wouldn't expect any more to sign up and think 325 is actually very good. I will both sign up and contribute when the shares for the ground purchase are put in place and I wont be alone. You can't judge 325 as a figure of swindon fans that are ready to buy the CG
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: