Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Free speech and cuntish stewards  (Read 7796 times)
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 23:36:01 »

You're entertaining, I'll give you that. Do we have a high horse icon?

If there was an emoji for laughing at people so stupid it seems they're taking the piss you should know about it already , no?

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 23:42:15 »

Either way, isn't there a FL Rule about what's allowed and what isn't? It sticks in my mind because of the ideas I had for banners vs Franchise..

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Johnny Reeves

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 23:58:28 »

No or maybe yes.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 09:12:50 »

yeah, but did the banner have a fire certificate?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 09:31:09 »

Where is Jaybox these days?
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 09:37:45 »

I watched the incident from the DRS, totally unnecessary behaviour from the big time charlies amongst the stewards.  Why show your muscle to a bunch of kids trying to make a point about the management, after all they are contributing to his wages!
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 15:36:56 »

Not defending anyone here but the banner was held up for a good few minutes and to be honest the stewards were not fussed, it was clear that one of the senior stewards had received an instruction to remove said banner. Guess he was just doing what he was told to at the end of the day.
bilko

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 15:45:46 »

Stewards at a lot of grounds are Dicks its there bit of power.

Normally they say its a fire hazard so seems you cant smoke in grounds these days don't see how they come up with that one sometimes and any how flags have been in the Town End for a few games but probably didn't like the wording on the flag.

Were a shit club all round from the Top down and rotten to the core and I feel worse to come yet with Power announcing in the summer a reduced playing budget and a team of youth team players next season. Trust me that is what will happen and gates of about 4k.

A total shit season and with the Pox improving were going the other way. Why is it we always have shit owners the only one that was ok until he got pissed off was Andrew Black.

Oh for those Fitton Days back.
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 15:58:38 »

Stewards at a lot of grounds are Dicks its there bit of power.

Normally they say its a fire hazard so seems you cant smoke in grounds these days don't see how they come up with that one sometimes and any how flags have been in the Town End for a few games but probably didn't like the wording on the flag.

Were a shit club all round from the Top down and rotten to the core and I feel worse to come yet with Power announcing in the summer a reduced playing budget and a team of youth team players next season. Trust me that is what will happen and gates of about 4k.

A total shit season and with the Pox improving were going the other way. Why is it we always have shit owners the only one that was ok until he got pissed off was Andrew Black.

Oh for those Fitton Days back.
Remind me who was in charge last time we were relegated to league 2 ?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 16:03:58 »

at least he fell on his sword, moved aside and the wrong was put right. before going wrong again Smiley

this to me feels different, even if it's just an illusion i know who I'd trust more with the club out of fitton and power.
Johnny Reeves

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 16:07:30 »

Stewards at a lot of grounds are very overweight and on course for a heart attack.
Flashheart

« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 16:19:36 »

I was nearly a steward once. It was being outsourced to a temping agency I was working with at the time.

The pay was poor and there was little to no training. "Are you up for it"? I was asked frequently. It was clear that the other stewards that came into the office were "up for it". There was no doubt that belligerence was a prerequisite.

I didn't do it in the end. I don't remember why. Maybe it was the pay, or maybe I decided that I just wasn't "up for it". That's just my personal experience of course, and it was over 20 years ago, but it is an experience that didn't exactly leave me brimming with confidence in stewarding at football grounds. Those that I met were in no way professionals. They were just some blokes that were "up for it" and trying to make a bit of extra beer money.
Johnny Reeves

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 16:24:01 »

Plus you were too skinny
Flashheart

« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 16:30:13 »

I was very skinny when I was younger, although that didn't seem to bother them.

I often shaved my head around that time (I just found it more comfortable and convenient). If I was shaven-headed at that particular time then I suppose that would have ticked a box where qualifications were concerned.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 17:16:35 »

Where is Jaybox these days?

Trying to get a fire certificate?
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: