Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Sheffield United Official Match Day Thread  (Read 26699 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 18:43:09 »

By moving to the USA, I have essentially take the FM "Go On Holiday" approach - somebody nudge me when it's time to come back.

When you think about it, most people must be like Reg - how on earth does sport survive once any sort of financial impact is imbedded?  As with most things competitive and involving money, very few teams are ever a success - so most people watching sport know full well they are in for a shit time.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 18:55:35 »

so most people watching sport know full well they are in for a shit time.

I know I do. I certainly don't support Swindon for the glory and I don't think I ever have although we were much better when I started actively following them.

Ultimately, I support Swindon out of family tradition and nothing else (although I'm the last one standing in that respect)
Flashheart

« Reply #212 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 19:02:47 »

When you think about it, most people must be like Reg - how on earth does sport survive once any sort of financial impact is imbedded?  As with most things competitive and involving money, very few teams are ever a success - so most people watching sport know full well they are in for a shit time.

Except Reg isn't having a shit time. He is, actually, enjoying this. He's in his fucking element.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 19:04:28 »

That's Reg but Costanza, were Social Services ever alerted in your case?
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 19:05:15 »

or is Reg your granddad?
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 19:06:53 »

Ask Reg. Was he, erm, active around West Wiltshire during the early 80's?

After all, Trowbridge has had a thriving Polish community for many decades...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 19:17:29 »

Except Reg isn't having a shit time. He is, actually, enjoying this. He's in his fucking element.

I've always loved the visceral buzz of the exciting things in life.... football was one of the first I discovered, at a tender age. All the other usuals followed... scraping, birds, booze, drugs, music, poetry, art, travel etc. 

Somehow amongst the angst and bodily fluids, an intellectual detachment got applied, enabling both being able to live in the moment and give a considered opinion on the same events.... a sort of ying and yang.  So I can suffer and analyse at the same time.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 19:53:46 »

On a positive note I think we need about 15 or 16 points to stay up

Unfortunately it's going to take us until October to get that many points Smiley
ekarot

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 20:55:42 »

The thing is fans always need hope  that things will change and all will be ok.We all know our limits as fans and a club (same crowds and division for me since late 70s). However for me as life changes my club has become less important.For me that is the saddest thing as I have been as passionate as anyone on here for years.There are lots of reasons for this but the most important thing for me is being a fan .Once that importance gets taken away there is little left. Sad but true but under the present owner if fans are not important enough there lies the problem . Really can't believe that even I gave up hope last year but utmost respect for those who still fly the flag .
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Thursday, March 16, 2017, 09:30:59 »

"I'd like to think Power would accept that he's made as much as he's going to from STFC and put the club on the market. "

So once he flogs off Vigoroux, and gets in a few quid for Brophy maybe, there will be no other worthwhile assets any one would pay cash for, so can we hope that Power will happily up sticks and bugger off if anyone is daft enough to pay him off?

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Thursday, March 16, 2017, 19:08:54 »

"I'd like to think Power would accept that he's made as much as he's going to from STFC and put the club on the market. "

So once he flogs off Vigoroux, and gets in a few quid for Brophy maybe, there will be no other worthwhile assets any one would pay cash for, so can we hope that Power will happily up sticks and bugger off if anyone is daft enough to pay him off?
Superb!

We'll have to pay a club to take him off our hands if anything.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: