Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Sheffield United Official Match Day Thread  (Read 26694 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 08:11:23 »

He went into the town End to help unfurl the Williams Out banner!

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 08:30:47 »

So, rumour has it Vigs, Brophy, BOO and one other, out in cheltenham on the lash and got into a fight.

Hmm
Benzel

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #182 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 08:34:33 »

Thought Conroy was decent last night. I'd like to see him and JSW as a pair next season.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 08:41:04 »

Does anyone know what the 5 year or 10 year plan is for the club? Can't say I've seen one. 
Panda Paws

« Reply #184 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 08:41:51 »

So, rumour has it Vigs, Brophy, BOO and one other, out in cheltenham on the lash and got into a fight.

Hmm

Stewart?
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 08:42:27 »

First half was exactly what I was expecting. Sheffield Utd looked stronger, quicker, more organised and were playing with confidence. Their first goal was totally avoidable, stupid individual error. Their second was a perfect illustration of our defensive frailties.
When the 2nd half kicked off I was already resigned to us losing, but we scored 2 great goals in quick succession and the fuckers got my hopes up (again). Utd's 3rd... fucking hell. Branco and Henry re-enacting an episode of The Chuckle Brothers, to me, to you. Soft as shit. And this was when we were on top. Penalty, from my view, looked soft.
Felt a bit for Henry. Apart from the 3rd goal I don't think he did much wrong. Gladwin scored a great goal, but apart from that was pretty wank.
Too many individual errors. Too many examples of miscommunication. Too little organisation. Too many poor decisions. Lack of responsibility. Lack of effort from some (notably Gladwin). Just a few of the reasons we'll be watching Swindon at Yeovil next season. Could a new manager improve the above? 100% yes. Most of our problems stem from overplaying the ball and choosing the wrong option. I can imagine Williams telling them to 'Go out there and express yourselves'. What we need is a manager who will give them clear instructions that play to their strengths, not give them an inaccurate belief in their abilities. Keep hearing Williams is a nice guy. We need a horrible cunt that will care more about results than being liked and more about Swindon's development than individual loan players.

Having said all that I'll be back next season. If you're a casual fan and you stop going because the 'product' isn't to your liking, fair enough. But I'm getting a bit bored of the countless cunts who profess their undying love for the club and in the same breath say they're not going again until Williams is sacked, or Power leaves, or we change our style, or any of the other shit reasons they spout. Don't want to go? Don't go. Don't want to renew you're season ticket? Fine. But please stop pretending it's because you love the club so much.

It's All Good..............
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 08:43:17 »

Stewart?

Apparently so, thats the name ive just seen mentioned on the twitter rumour mill
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 08:54:09 »

Does anyone know what the 5 year or 10 year plan is for the club? Can't say I've seen one. 
To be fair have we ever had one?
Panda Paws

« Reply #188 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 08:56:14 »

Having said all that I'll be back next season. If you're a casual fan and you stop going because the 'product' isn't to your liking, fair enough. But I'm getting a bit bored of the countless cunts who profess their undying love for the club and in the same breath say they're not going again until Williams is sacked, or Power leaves, or we change our style, or any of the other shit reasons they spout. Don't want to go? Don't go. Don't want to renew you're season ticket? Fine. But please stop pretending it's because you love the club so much.

Bang on. I know, whether we're in League 1 or League 2, I'll be looking forward to the new season, signings, a new manager and seeing how the season unfolds... If you want to be a moaning cunt and take no enjoyment from football, fine. My enjoyment is not dictated by what league we're in, or who we're playing.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 09:14:04 »

Hmm

<insert lost/lack of fight joke here>
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 09:16:47 »

First half was exactly what I was expecting. Sheffield Utd looked stronger, quicker, more organised and were playing with confidence. Their first goal was totally avoidable, stupid individual error. Their second was a perfect illustration of our defensive frailties.
When the 2nd half kicked off I was already resigned to us losing, but we scored 2 great goals in quick succession and the fuckers got my hopes up (again). Utd's 3rd... fucking hell. Branco and Henry re-enacting an episode of The Chuckle Brothers, to me, to you. Soft as shit. And this was when we were on top. Penalty, from my view, looked soft.
Felt a bit for Henry. Apart from the 3rd goal I don't think he did much wrong. Gladwin scored a great goal, but apart from that was pretty wank.
Too many individual errors. Too many examples of miscommunication. Too little organisation. Too many poor decisions. Lack of responsibility. Lack of effort from some (notably Gladwin). Just a few of the reasons we'll be watching Swindon at Yeovil next season. Could a new manager improve the above? 100% yes. Most of our problems stem from overplaying the ball and choosing the wrong option. I can imagine Williams telling them to 'Go out there and express yourselves'. What we need is a manager who will give them clear instructions that play to their strengths, not give them an inaccurate belief in their abilities. Keep hearing Williams is a nice guy. We need a horrible cunt that will care more about results than being liked and more about Swindon's development than individual loan players.

Great post Herthab - sums up my thoughts entirely
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 09:16:50 »

. But I'm getting a bit bored of the countless cunts who profess their undying love for the club and in the same breath say they're not going again until Williams is sacked, or Power leaves, or we change our style, or any of the other shit reasons they spout.

Well, I for one admire your patience.

Such shit has been spouted since, well, since as long as I remember.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 09:18:31 by Batch » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 09:18:17 »

Has anyone seen an official away figure for last night? We seem to be purposely avoiding releasing them at the moment.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #193 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 09:24:21 »

I will continue to go but its out of duty and the hope that things get better. You appreciate the good times more when you've been through the bad times. I don't get any enjoyment out of it at the moment and haven't for a long time and I don't expect to in the near future either. I will go in the hope of enjoying it again, not an expectation of doing so. This might make me a sad individual but its my club and I love it but I hate just about everything about it at the moment. It wouldn't take much for me to be enthused again, a little bit of pragmatism would help but this self destructive ideology at the expense of everything else will drive fans away. It won't drive me away but I understand entirely if it does some / most.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 09:41:51 »

I think I'm beginning to fall into this bracket now... Although I'm not staying away because I particularly want Power or Williams to leave, I just cba to drive for an hour and pay 25 quid to watch a bunch of guys that cant be arsed whilst being thoroughly pissed off by people around me spewing nonsense, it's not enjoyable at all. Might sound mad but I felt genuinely hurt by the performance against Oxford and I haven't been since.

I'll probably catch a couple more games this season and I'll be there at the start of next season but at the moment, it just doesn't feel like it's worth the effort. And this is from a 'happy clapper'! It's a shit way to feel about something I've always been so passionate about. I guess apathy does begin to set in as you get older?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: