Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Sheffield United Official Match Day Thread  (Read 26690 times)
Ginginho

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 07:06:54 »

Love an evening game under the floodlights against a big team.

They're top of the league and flying, what could possibly go wrong?!

We beat Bolton away, no reason we can't spring an upset tonight (I'm forever the optimist!)

2-1 victory (Ajika) and getting everyones hopes up again that we can stay up.
Crowd 6,802.

Don't give up yet you fucking cunts.

COYR
« Last Edit: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 08:37:45 by Ginginho » Logged
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 07:38:23 »

I want to say 2-1 Swindon, but I reckon more likely 1-3 defeat

I come from a land down-under
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 08:13:32 »

I cannot see past another defeat.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 08:15:14 »

What will be, will be.

Looking forward to May whatever happens before then.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 08:18:04 »

Billy sharp hat trick.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 08:21:32 »

Sadly I think another devastating defeat is on the cards, accompanied by "Williams Out" chants from the time our pretty approach play is shown to be inadequate as the Blades grab their first goal in the 20th minute. 1-3.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 08:50:36 »

Free shot tonight.

The season has gone, the lads might as well go out and try and enjoy themselves, especially those who've got a contract for next year somewhere. I suppose a bit more difficult for those that haven't but a chance to impress watching scouts from Boreham Wood or Braintree.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 08:56:26 »

You always find that these sort of games touted as banana skins for the better team. But I can't see it this time. I would think it will be 1-3 at best.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 09:04:02 »

You always find that these sort of games touted as banana skins for the better team. But I can't see it this time. I would think it will be 1-3 at best.

Putting aside the Oxford connection, you have to say that Wilder is just the sort of pragmatic lower league manager that we could do with.  It's quite amusing that he was hounded out of Oxford, but has gone on to much better things.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 10:28:59 »

I gave up a couple of months ago.

Can't see anything but a comfortable win for the Blades
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 10:34:36 »

Sadly I think another devastating defeat is on the cards, accompanied by "Williams Out" chants from the time our pretty approach play is shown to be inadequate as the Blades grab their first goal in the 20th minute. 1-3.
Fans might travel in hope to Sheffield, but if any chant for Williams' head they are ungrateful tossers and I shall condemn them from the comfort of my own keyboard.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 10:42:13 »

Fans might travel in hope to Sheffield, but if any chant for Williams' head they are ungrateful tossers and I shall condemn them from the comfort of my own keyboard.
If they travel to Sheffield they'll be travelling in vain. It's a home game.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 10:59:15 »

0-3 loss

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Panda Paws

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 11:05:45 »

We'll lose.

Interesting article on the washbag suggesting 48 points might be enough. 4 wins. Where they're going to come from I don't know.

The Oldham, Chesterfield and, to some extent, Vale results have killed us. 5 or 6 from those 3 and we'd probably be just about alright.
Pericles

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 11:23:56 »

4-0 Sheffield United I'm afraid. Oddly though I think we may find it easier to play our 'Swindon Way' against them as they won't come here to defend with two banks of 4 which is usually effective against our impotent tactics as we just pass it side to side and backwards very slowly, so our young players can learn the game and get to know the ball. Nevertheless, we can't hit a barn door with a banjo so its probably irrelevant. If we are lucky though and get a point we could start on a Luke Williams run of 3 draws is a win, which looking at the fixture to come may not be a bad return Roll Eyes. A big positive is Barry isn't playing, but sadly Branco and BOO will be.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: