Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Sheffield United Official Match Day Thread  (Read 26802 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 14:42:55 »

On the pitch, I was angrier when we were relegated with seasoned pros like Lucas, Douglas, Frampton, McGovern and Sheehan, other players like Caddis, Cuthbert, Ferry and Ritchie and the goals of Austin.

Relegated below Plymouth, who had a 10 point deduction.
Just like to point out that we're not actually relegated yet - probably yes, but you never know!
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 14:50:45 »

Hoping we'll go with a back four. Something along the lines of Thompson, Branco, Conroy & Jones.
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 14:52:53 »

much along lines of when better Swindon side were totally outclassed by Wolves and Wigan at home around this time of year and got right thumpings 1-4 Sheff Utd. Ajose with late meaningless consolation in front of 7120 mainly due to the 1600 down from Sheffield to avenge their play off defeat

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 15:15:26 »

On the pitch, I was angrier when we were relegated with seasoned pros like Lucas, Douglas, Frampton, McGovern and Sheehan, other players like Caddis, Cuthbert, Ferry and Ritchie and the goals of Austin.

Relegated below Plymouth, who had a 10 point deduction.

Feeling low and feeling angry aren't the same. With that side you could at least see that the enforced sales of Austin and Morrison in the window, was a problem which ultimately cost us. You could see based on previous that giving Wilson time made some sense, you could see that Hart had a record of rescue jobs when he came in late.  Definitely anger that the players just seemed to clock off.

However, there was some rhyme and reason to it.... this season has just been bizarre, as more or less everything has been self inflicted, which I think is the reason people have this sense of hopelessness for the future.
Johnny Reeves

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 15:43:01 »

Every time the club's existence was on the line for starters...

How low will you go?Huh?....I can't see Power moving in a different direction and it would take a miracle for untried kids to be successful in L2.They will be smashed then Non league here we come,never really felt we would go out of the league before but i do now.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 16:26:31 »

They're gonna stick four or five past us. Have fun.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 18:58:05 by donkey » Logged

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 16:59:33 »

Every time the club's existence was on the line for starters...

How low will you go?Huh?....I can't see Power moving in a different direction and it would take a miracle for untried kids to be successful in L2.They will be smashed then Non league here we come,never really felt we would go out of the league before but i do now.
If we went non league Powers model would be totally fucked as it's hard enough to get Premier League loans in L1 let alone non league and it's very rare that non league clubs sell players for £500k let alone in the millions so his opportunity to make money would disappear. Only way he'd allow the threat of non-league is if he has given up or doesn't give a fuck any more which is a different issue.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 17:18:50 »

I'm not going tonight.  This is the first time since having a season ticket that I've chosen to miss a game which I could attend.  I even saw it through to the bitter end in 2011.  Not sure why I feel differently this time, but I do.

It will be interesting to see what the crowd reaction to Williams is tonight.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 17:44:33 »

We are 11/2 with Bet365 to win at home. Jeeeez.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 17:46:14 »

I'm going. No hope or expectation of a win, but I'd rather be at football than stuck in watching shite on tv...

It's All Good..............
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 18:11:12 »

I'm going because that's what i do but i don't give a fuck about it. I couldn't give a shit if we win, lose or draw 5 5.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 18:21:09 »

I'm going because that's what i do but i don't give a fuck about it. I couldn't give a shit if we win, lose or draw 5 5.
If we pulled off a last minute 2-1 win are you saying you wouldn't care? Or if we won 4-0?
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 18:29:51 »

If we pulled off a last minute 2-1 win are you saying you wouldn't care? Or if we won 4-0?
Of course he wouldn't..... It almost seems a competition over who can say they care the least at the moment...

As per my post earlier we get relegated every 5 or 6 years and I accept that. It's what we do!
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 18:34:57 »

Probably not. This season is done.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 18:45:39 »

no Vigs tonight Sad
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: