Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Sheffield United Official Match Day Thread  (Read 26953 times)
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 22:53:04 »

BOO is a fucking waste of space anyway, bin him off at the end of the season, in fact he lives not far from me, ill even post his p45 for him

« Reply #166 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 22:54:05 »

I was struggling to work out if Nathan was RB or CB. He kept coming into the middle leaving them acres of space. Defence was a total shambles. First half was a shitting on. We're down. as panda paws says put the young ones in. Get rid of the loanees and those out of contract. What's the worst that can happen.
Pericles

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 22:54:25 »

First half was a total mess, second half was quite entertaining and we showed some fight, but the mistakes keep repeating themselves. Williams has had two years sorting these mistakes out and he hasn't and every week he prattles on about learning. 'Do something about it??'. Too late now mind. The squad is mentally week and ill disciplined and he is responsible for that. Power might sign the players but I understand Williams works with them, trains them and picks the team. So in essence he is the manager and clearly an appalling one at that. Players going out on the piss, clearly shows a lack of respect for the club and manager, the guy has to go, at least at the end of the season. There is no point getting rid of him now.

My worry is next season, there is just nothing to hope for, no sign of change. At the moment I think its just going to be more of the same. Surely, Power has to be thinking about next season. He has a chance to signal his intent, he needs to give us something to motivate the fans and give us some hope. I can accept relegation, I have seen it before but after each relegation I had some hope for the following season. I have none at all now and with a massive rebuild ahead I am deeply concerned for the future of this club and its league status.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 22:56:28 by Pericles » Logged
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 22:59:49 »

Anyone know why Lee Power left at half time?

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 23:01:05 »

I would like to go back to the CG again, but there are more enjoyable ways to spend £25 or whatever it costs these days. 23 to 27 years ago it was enjoyable, but the last 20 years? No. Maybe one or two good seasons, but we're never going to have a club any higher up the leagues than where we are now. Shame.
1989Monkey

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 23:01:13 »

This, very much this.

Colkett I think could do quite well in a good team that can compensate his weaknesses.
Gladwin thinks he is better than he is. He has a goal in him true enough. He has a reasonable passing range.

I've used the analogy several times, but signing those two players in a relegation battle is like bringing a knife to a gun fight. Ince compensated for them a couple of times, but can't do it all.

And while Ajose and Obika are good enough, they are being wasted because we can't get the ball to them in the positions they need it.

Exactly in a relegation battle you want people who will run through brick walls for the club. After admitting errors in the recruitment policy this had to be rectified in Jan. Unfortunately we all seem to see it very differently to those in charge. On paper each of our midfielders individually are probably better than anyone in the bottom half of table, yet collectively teams like chesterfield are better as they all have the desire that unfortunately some of ours are lacking. I honestly feel Gladwin will be back next season purely because no-one else would take him. If I was manager I don't think I could justify signing him. 1 goal for every 20 shots he has over 5 games is hardly prolific and thats without the fact we basically play with 10 men with his work rate
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 23:02:29 »

Of course whatever has happened with Vigs etc has now deflected attention from Williams slightly, which is probably why he was quite happy to talk about it during his interview.

It is an absolute shambles from top to bottom.  As suggested above, I'm really not sure more bums on seats would see an increase in our budget.  Even if it did, I've got little faith in the right players being recruited based on the last couple of seasons showing.  It's all hypothetical anyway, season ticket sales for next season are likely to drop considerably and we're hardly likely to encourage new fans with a shit manager and shit players. Power has been extremely quiet of late, which increases people's mistrust of him. Were him and Sherwood in attendance tonight?

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 23:03:37 »

I bloody hope Gladwin doesn't come back. Him in league 2...oh dear.

Johnny Reeves

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 23:05:37 »

Because we're shite
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 23:19:55 »

On attendance, 7,012 tonight. Must have been 1200 blades there. Inevitable I suppose.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 23:28:19 »

On attendance, 7,012 tonight. Must have been 1200 blades there. Inevitable I suppose.
I was told by a steward that tonight was the fewest fans in the town end for a league match for 9 years(!). I have never seen it that empty!

What can be said about the match...the 10 minute spell after half time should not mask the pathetic 1st half and lack of threat there after. Henry was woefully out of his depth and hopefully won't be considered an adequate replacement for Vigoroux.

One final word on BOO. Caused the club to be a laughing stock with the laughing gas incident, photographed posing with champagne in a local night club after a derby defeat and now out on the piss before a critical match as we look to avoid relegation. Surely he won't play for the club again?
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 23:38:00 »

Not many positives from tonight and the result was no surprise. It was the first match I've been to this side of Christmas so I hadn't seen any of the new players before. I didn't realise Gladwin was playing until his goal. Colkett's finish was excellent. I was extremely impressed with Ince. His passing accuracy must have been close to 100% and he was actually playing good balls forward and trying to create chances. Henry didn't cover himself in glory but he is young and was playing against ruthless opposition. There seems to be very little hope we can turn it around now, especially if Vigs is out of contention.
Johnny Reeves

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 23:59:20 »

Boo you are so non league.
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 00:04:00 »

Really don't think it's worth bothering with the club in it's current guise. The majority of the players don't give a shit and even if they did they'd probably not be here next season. As mentioned already it's an utter shambles from top to bottom. Only change in the near future would be via a change in owner, which is highly unlikely. For me and maybe longer, I'll leave going back, as much as it pains me. Now have to work out what to do with about 50% of my life!
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 08:05:05 »

He went into the town End to help unfurl the Williams Out banner!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: