Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Sheffield United Official Match Day Thread  (Read 26956 times)
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 22:22:42 »

Very worrying development regarding the lack of respect obviously shown towards the club, themselves and the manager. We are definitely down now. I've renewed for next season I just wish it would come sooner rather than later. Obviously a massive rebuild required and hopefully some valuable lesson learnt by powers regarding player recruitment. I don't hold Williams really accountable. He is the front man and had to face everyone. He has been given a turd to polish and polish it he has tried,  it's fooled no one it's still a turd. I don't know how people will take this but the best way of us getting back and having a decent  season is bums on seats. Sheffield united are there not because of a great manager it's the budget he has been given and it's the bums on seats that have done that.

Sent from my iPhone
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 22:24:11 »

BOO should have been fucked off out after the laughing gas incident.

Fucking idiot.

Should have been fucked off even long before that. Just for being a shit footballer.
Johnny Reeves

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 22:26:15 »

Amen
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 22:29:34 »

Fucking shambles of a club. And I just renewed my ST. Fucking retard batch, I'm going to up cunt myself.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 22:35:33 »

Very worrying development regarding the lack of respect obviously shown towards the club, themselves and the manager. We are definitely down now. I've renewed for next season I just wish it would come sooner rather than later. Obviously a massive rebuild required and hopefully some valuable lesson learnt by powers regarding player recruitment. I don't hold Williams really accountable. He is the front man and had to face everyone. He has been given a turd to polish and polish it he has tried,  it's fooled no one it's still a turd. I don't know how people will take this but the best way of us getting back and having a decent  season is bums on seats. Sheffield united are there not because of a great manager it's the budget he has been given and it's the bums on seats that have done that.

Sent from my iPhone

Williams IS accountable as is the whole regime.

Bit late in the day to be the big tough discipline manager now. Right or wrong.

We aren't going down because they go on the piss or puff laughing gas.

Not fucking good enough is the answer...players (Power/Sherwood), Manager and the Coach.

Total shambles, dogshit season and the future doesn't look any better either.

Clems Army!
Johnny Reeves

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 22:37:16 »

Batch did you pay on credit card? if so use section 75 of the consumer credit act.
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 22:39:38 »

Surely that's the first time Mr "Firty Free Feavers On A Frushes Froat" As ever mentioned "Work Rate" and "Tackles" in an interview.
A bit late in the season to question work rate and expect the little kiddies to put a tackle in.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 22:40:52 »

I'm just venting. I'm going next season, the kids enjoy it. Well they used to.
---
My and the eldest (12) were talking on the way up, he was telling me about some older kids smoking weed.

I told him that if he did any of that shit at his age I'd murder him. His response was it would be worse to lock him in the bedroom with a Luke Williams post match interview mix tape.

He's learning Smiley
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 22:43:14 »

Maybe BOO is on of the mongs on the Facebook page making critical comments about Power & Williams and got caught.
Stupid prick, next stop Supermarine

I come from a land down-under
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 22:43:46 »

Yep, sounded like the 3 of them were on the piss to me.

Had a bit of sympathy for the bloke and understood where he was coming from, in that he's giving everything he can to get us results (whether he's any good at that is another matter), but a few of the players have probably decided we were down already and thought they'd get away with taking the piss.

If only Williams had shown balls like that earlier in the season when things were going tits up, he'd probably have a bit more respect from everyone, and possibly we would have seen a bit more from the players. all too late now though.

What fucks me off so much is that we can clearly play and trouble sides, but we can't marry that without fucking up catastrophically once a half or being completely toothless off the ball.

And the most catasrophic thing of all is that this has happened against such a poor group of teams in the bottom third of the table. We've played some absolute dross that wouldn't look out of place in a pub league, but we still find ourselves below most of them because of basic errors, lack of energy/fitness and calamitous over playing at the wrong time and place.

Suicide Hello League 2.
1989Monkey

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 22:44:43 »

Well where to start with that one.

Henry - unbelievable mistake but didn't look comfortable with the ball at any stage of the game. If we thought he would be ready to fill in for Vigs next season then sadly we were wrong. A lot of learning to be done still.

Thompson - looked assured back at right back

Branco - weak link in the back 4. Time he was dropped for Jones but impossible to do with the loan situation and the untouchable players

Conroy - impressed me and the first time i've seen him play in his natural position

Dabo - I rate him highly and would love us to sign him but can't see him dropping to league 2. A big mistake led to the first goal but continued to work hard and did not shy away from the ball

Ince - battled well but unfortunately needed more support against a good midfield

Goddard - has something about him but we just need to see it more. Could be a big player next season

Colkett - great finish but always wants too much time on the ball

Gladwin - offers no work rate, constantly loses the ball and can't tackle

Ajose - made good runs but was never found. Was a yard offside for his goal.

Obika - had a poor game and only won 1 header all match

Unfortunately the team is simply not strong enough. You can't afford to have Gladwin and Colkett (and to some extent Goddard) as 3 of your midfielders. They are luxury players who don't have the work rate of an Ince which is what you need in a relegation battle. Gladwin can fuck off simply for having the cheek to tell the Arkells  to sshh after scoring. He'd be better off realising how shit his performances have been if the Arkells are even getting on his back!

Whilst I understand the reasoning for dropping the players it does appear that he is starting to lose the dressing room. Surely Power has to look and take that into account. He lost the fans a while ago and now its going onto the players. I think a defeat on sat and then against Millwall could be the end for him and us. As for the stewards taking the banners at the end that just means more should be brought to the next home game

Johnny Reeves

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 22:45:56 »

Maybe BOO is on of the mongs on the Facebook page making critical comments about Power & Williams and got caught.
Stupid prick, next stop Supermarine

Why would Supermarine sign that tallentless shite?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #162 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 22:49:25 »

I'm just venting. I'm going next season, the kids enjoy it. Well they used to.
---
My and the eldest (12) were talking on the way up, he was telling me about some older kids smoking weed.

I told him that if he did any of that shit at his age I'd murder him. His response was it would be worse to lock him in the bedroom with a Luke Williams post match interview mix tape.

He's learning Smiley

And given you a good idea for his next punishment!
Johnny Reeves

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 22:50:28 »

If Goddard is a luxury player god help us.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 22:52:36 »

Unfortunately the team is simply not strong enough. You can't afford to have Gladwin and Colkett (and to some extent Goddard) as 3 of your midfielders. They are luxury players who don't have the work rate of an Ince which is what you need in a relegation battle. Gladwin can fuck off simply for having the cheek to tell the Arkells  to sshh after scoring. He'd be better off realising how shit his performances have been if the Arkells are even getting on his back!

This, very much this.

Colkett I think could do quite well in a good team that can compensate his weaknesses.
Gladwin thinks he is better than he is. He has a goal in him true enough. He has a reasonable passing range.

I've used the analogy several times, but signing those two players in a relegation battle is like bringing a knife to a gun fight. Ince compensated for them a couple of times, but can't do it all.

And while Ajose and Obika are good enough, they are being wasted because we can't get the ball to them in the positions they need it.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: