Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Replacement manager IF he goes  (Read 30946 times)
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 15:50:30 »

I said under this regime.Your list of former untried managers had one thing in common,they all played league football and at top level.      So there.

I take your point, I was merely trying to highlight that not all experienced managers have been successful here and not all unproven managers have failed.

Playing experience at a high level counts for nothing, look at Wenger and Mourinho, to name just a couple...

It's All Good..............
Johnny Reeves

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 16:10:12 »

I'll do it,i love being told what to do it's no problem.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 16:13:12 »

I take your point, I was merely trying to highlight that not all experienced managers have been successful here and not all unproven managers have failed.

Playing experience at a high level counts for nothing, look at Wenger and Mourinho, to name just a couple...

Teddy Sheringham seemed a bit clueless at Stevenage.... but whoever they've got in now, is doing a sound job.

People would probably be happy with Teddy.

I'd want an experienced man or woman.

Helena Costa who's coached in French Div 2, seems to out of work atm having quit Clermont Foot because
of "total amateurism" and a "lack of respect" from the part of the club, with the sporting director having players signed without her consent, and would not reply to her attempts to contact him
 so probably wouldn't get on well here.

Power has shown no imagination in his appointments, but I suppose it is possible he may be suitably chastened by the damage done to his reputation as a football man, so might listen to reason and get in Kenny Jackett.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 17:46:21 »

I remember last season when we were flirting with relegation people were willing to reserve judgement on Power until he recruited in the summer - quite rightly at the time as we were ravaged by never ending injuries.

Obviously that hasn't worked out well and yet again I think Power is in the last chance saloon when it comes to replacing Williams. Another no-name or, God forbid, not replacing Williams, will be the final nail in the coffin for even more fans.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 18:14:05 »

Power's project has clearly, over the course of time now, failed.  That one good season provided the potential to allow for a bad one, but consecutive periods of bad recruitment suggest it was more by chance in relationships at that time than a long lasting strategy for success.

However, just because that is true, does not mean it's his last chance saloon - he has the freedom to take as many chances as his finances and interest so desire.

That's why, if the fans who are so frothing at the mouth really give a shit, they'd be working with the Trust to produce a buy-out plan.  Either way, the Trust needs to put to bed plans of building roofs or toilets and instead focus on preparing for the time he does give-up or, even better, have a plan ready to tempt him.  Until then, we can moan all we like....
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 18:17:31 »

That's why, if the fans who are so frothing at the mouth really give a shit, they'd be working with the Trust to produce a buy-out plan.  Either way, the Trust needs to put to bed plans of building roofs or toilets and instead focus on preparing for the time he does give-up or, even better, have a plan ready to tempt him.  Until then, we can moan all we like....

Trust AGM tomorrow, perfect time to raise these concerns
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 18:19:06 »

I'm a bit far away, like 4,000 miles.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 18:47:56 »

I'm a bit far away, like 4,000 miles.

Excuses, excuses.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 19:51:25 »

Our next manager is on the One Show tonight Wink
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 19:52:20 »

Our next manager is on the One Show tonight Wink

Sheena?
Posh Red

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 19:52:36 »

Sheena?

Yeah
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 19:55:28 »

Yeah

How's the wee Scottie lass looking?
Posh Red

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 20:01:02 »

How's the wee Scottie lass looking?

Not at all bad for a lass in her mid 50s
flash

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Thursday, March 16, 2017, 03:06:50 »

The only requirement for the person replacing Williams is that they must be cheap.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: