Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Replacement manager IF he goes  (Read 30945 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Monday, March 13, 2017, 18:02:54 »

One man's mitigation is another mans damning of the piss poor summer recruitment.

I want to give Power the benefit of the doubt, that this season hasn't been a sinister plot, like a Producer's style scam to have guaranteed relegation, but wouldn't be surprised to see Springtime For Hitler introduced as the walk on theme.
« Last Edit: Monday, March 13, 2017, 18:29:10 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Monday, March 13, 2017, 21:15:41 »

*an argument which I just don't get because league football is going to provide far better returns
And so are cup runs. Building a side that can be competitive in cups can reap huge rewards. I know it is a bit of an extreme example, but on the radio at the weekend, the Lincoln boss stated that their FA Cup run this season has earned them around five times his budget for 2016/17.

A decent cup side should also be better placed to deal with the play-offs or 'must win' relegation matches.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Monday, March 13, 2017, 23:35:59 »

And so are cup runs. Building a side that can be competitive in cups can reap huge rewards. I know it is a bit of an extreme example, but on the radio at the weekend, the Lincoln boss stated that their FA Cup run this season has earned them around five times his budget for 2016/17.

A decent cup side should also be better placed to deal with the play-offs or 'must win' relegation matches.
Bit of a shame we're every bit as bad in the Cups as we are in the League then really.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 08:54:16 »

Gary Rowett
Unfortunately this shows the pie in the sky dreams of many of our fans now, we would never in a million years be able to approach a manager of this calibre....which is why he is about to take over at Derby today.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 08:57:29 »

If Williams walked we'd get another yes man who would let Power and/or Sherwood pick the team. Highest priority will be that he has an excellent reputation coaching youth players again no doubt so we can get them in on loan and/or cheap.

Little would change.
FrigbyDaser

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 09:07:23 »

the seemingly unwillingness to learn from past errors, scares me!

For any Matthew Syed readers, it's known as Cognitive Dissonance. The presence of compelling evidence to show that somebody's view or approach is plainly wrong, only serves to harden their view that they are right.  

I suspect that next season Power will be even more determined to show that kids and misfits can win, rather than accept that a different approach could be more effective.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 09:08:56 by FrigbyDaser » Logged
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 09:48:58 »

For any Matthew Syed readers, it's known as Cognitive Dissonance. The presence of compelling evidence to show that somebody's view or approach is plainly wrong, only serves to harden their view that they are right. 

I suspect that next season Power will be even more determined to show that kids and misfits can win, rather than accept that a different approach could be more effective.

That's a cognitive bias. A cognitive dissonance is the mental stress felt by having two conflicting views at the same time.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 10:04:36 »

That's a cognitive bias. A cognitive dissonance is the mental stress felt by having two conflicting views at the same time.

No it isn't.

Yes it is.

Argh.
Johnny Reeves

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 12:16:29 »

We will never get a real manager with this regime.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 17:24:08 »

We will never get a real manager with this regime.

Martin Ling?
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 17:29:19 »

Martin Ling?

Cheap options aren't real managers, obv.

Wink
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 19:03:42 »

Cooper was a real manager, although it's debatable whether or not he was a good real manager.

Looking back, Paul Hart was a real manager, as was Maurice Malpas.

Macari, Ardiles, Hoddle, diCanio. All of these weren't real managers when appointed.

Experience doesn't guarantee results.

It's All Good..............
Johnny Reeves

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 22:24:00 »

Do you really think he was 100% in control of playing matters?
Johnny Reeves

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 22:31:15 »

I said under this regime.Your list of former untried managers had one thing in common,they all played league football and at top level.      So there.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 22:37:24 »

Did I see a picture of a banner saying Williams out in the TE?

Clems Army!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: