Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Replacement manager IF he goes  (Read 30954 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, March 13, 2017, 12:10:45 »

I think that has to change in league 2 for sure.

It won't. Power thinks of Crewe.

Davis before he was sacked earlier in the season, said that with the model of young players you have to accept that some years you'll go down, whereas in others you'll develop someone to sell.

Crewe are currently 4th bottom, (perhaps an ill advised term given their up to neckness in the abuse scandal) whereas Donny, Blackpool and ColU have done alright this season from last year's relegation crop.  I don't suppose there's too much flick fanny about their style.

Of the players who'll still be on board next year, I think maybe Luke Norris, could get a few goals in Div 4 a sort of poor man's James Collins.
« Last Edit: Monday, March 13, 2017, 12:12:17 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Panda Paws

« Reply #31 on: Monday, March 13, 2017, 12:41:05 »

If (when) we go down, there's no doubt in my mind at this stage that we'll put together a competitive squad. This is based on not much more than thinking Power wants us to do well, because why wouldn't he?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #32 on: Monday, March 13, 2017, 12:54:26 »

If (when) we go down, there's no doubt in my mind at this stage that we'll put together a competitive squad. This is based on not much more than thinking Power wants us to do well, because why wouldn't he?

He's just here to make money, he doesn't care if we play in the Vanarman National League as long as he does *

*an argument which I just don't get because league football is going to provide far better returns
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, March 13, 2017, 12:56:16 »

A competitive squad like this is supposed to be with a 'top 10 budget'
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #34 on: Monday, March 13, 2017, 12:56:26 »

Exactly, hes not making us crap deliberately.

L1 players worth more than L2 players, simple, but saying that Omar Bogle was a L2 player when he signed for Wigan on deadline day for £1.5m.

If he was scoring those goals in L1 then maybe his value would have almost doubled as it seems to with each division you go up the ladder.

Also if he is serious about selling the club for a profit then a L1 club will be worth probably double the figure of a L2 club and also a more viable option.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, March 13, 2017, 13:46:53 »

I'll counter that.

Of course he doesn't want us to be shit. That much we are agreed on. I disagree its a given we'll get a competitive squad.

I'll start with the obvious disclaimer. What he says and what he does may not match. We may also 'get lucky' with recruitment. i.e. Its not a forgone conclusion we won't be competitive.

Short answer reasoning:The model isn't right. The total policy of youth, of Prem rejects, loans and non-league punts is very very high risk. I'm surprised this is the only approach we can take, surely there is budget for some tweaking so that more experience can come in.

More reasoned:
   - Sherwood is in charge of recruitment. In the January window he stuffed up. He's going to have to pull in some serious favours to get better players in for a lower league.
  - Policy of youth 
       - seems we want to totally recruit young, technical players that are ill equipped at this stage for the physicality of the league. Mentally fragile. Understandable given where they are in their career, but that's irrelevant.
       - no "wise heads to learn off". NT fair enough, but if Branco is the type of elder statesman we see as providing advice to the youngsters we are stuffed.

- Style of play
       - seems to match recruitment (obviously), technical style but not effective.

- Previous Recruitment
     - seems to be little evidence of a plan, everything seems last minute
    - even if we have a plan, seems we don't have the budget to execute (hence lastminute.com buys).

- Reluctance to change things/stubborn a-hole
   Two seasons in a row we've done the same thing. Got away with it last time, blew it this.

So you can disagree with that. But surely its a concern to most?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Monday, March 13, 2017, 13:48:40 »

I think maybe Luke Norris, could get a few goals in Div 4 a sort of poor man's James Collins.

So a Gary Alexander then?
I could see it.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, March 13, 2017, 13:54:25 »

Yeah, but slow tippy tappy football won Spain the Euros and the World Cup..so it must be right.

England have tried it and failed.
England are not Spain.

Swindon have tried it and failed.
Swindon are not England, England are not Spain.

I'm going to take a pot shot at trying to work out where its going wrong. I'm going to say Gladwin, Colkett and Brophy and are not as good as Iniesta, Xavi and Alonso. There. You're welcome.

Spot on Batch.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, March 13, 2017, 14:02:35 »

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Power approached Chelsea for Adi Viveash to be our next manager whenever Williams goes.

Think of all those contacts.

"We all dream of a team of Islam Feruz'"
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, March 13, 2017, 14:36:25 »

"We all dream of a team of Islam Feruz'"

Finally, an Islamification we can all rightly fear.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Monday, March 13, 2017, 14:37:03 »

Finally, an Islamification we can all rightly fear.

nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, March 13, 2017, 15:04:18 »

However shit we have been this season on the evidence of our 2 games against them we are no worse than Shrewsbury and really should have beaten them twice. When their manager was proven to be out of his depth they got rid and replaced him with a guy with potential but no great record behind him. The fact that they are now 18th and 7 points ahead of us just proves to me how incapable Williams is of keeping us up, and how bloody minded, obstinate, tight wadded - call it what you will - Power is in not getting rid when he clearly is not up to the job in hand.

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, March 13, 2017, 16:30:34 »

I admire your optimism, and someone needs to present the opposing view, but your grounds do seem a little flimsy.

If Power wants us out of Div 4, surely it would have been relatively easy to achieve by making sure we didn't go down in the first place. This hasn't been a vintage year in Div 3 an 18th/19th slot should have been doable, Oldham style.

The only mitigation I can find, is that the lack of emergency loans meant we were fucked once the wheels fell off early doors.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Monday, March 13, 2017, 17:34:49 »

The only mitigation I can find, is that the lack of emergency loans meant we were fucked once the wheels fell off early doors.

One man's mitigation is another mans damning of the piss poor summer recruitment.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, March 13, 2017, 17:38:20 »

The more obvious relegation becomes cue the Power and Williams defenders who have been saying we wont go down now stating we will be a force next season.

We are shit now and I cant see much of an improvement next...

I have zero confidence in the current set up.

The Post by Batch sums it up nicely and the seemingly unwillingness to learn from past errors, scares me!

Clems Army!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: