Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Valiants v Town match day thread  (Read 37917 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #165 on: Monday, March 13, 2017, 07:13:43 »

Anyone else noticed Caddis has signed for Bury how can they afford his wages on their gates compared to town's

They can't.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Monday, March 13, 2017, 07:19:22 »

Quote from: donkey
Ajose didn't have a good game, was largely ineffectual. Given the injury too, I thought the sub was sensible. I was in a minority judging by the reaction of the crowd, though!

thanks. guess people just think he's someone who even when he does nothing but can still score a goal..

suspect it made no difference either way.
Sir Cliff Pipehard

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Monday, March 13, 2017, 09:04:26 »

I get the bovine malevolence. Let's face it, if you know you're off to the slaughter house, why not get angry?

I'm sure the eagle reference is poetic licence.... or maybe a Corbyn challenger, or if more than one the fella who scored against us today.

It's important to have positive images to distract you from the car crash at the CG.

Or it could have been Roger Eagle,DJ,promoter,and all round Liverpool cultural icon,probably best known for managing Eric's nightclub at the height of its punk/new wave infamy,hovering  overhead  in a Microlight?

Or perhaps not..

Fuck me,this season's shit ain't it?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Monday, March 13, 2017, 09:34:57 »

Or it could have been Roger Eagle,DJ,promoter,and all round Liverpool cultural icon,probably best known for managing Eric's nightclub at the height of its punk/new wave infamy,hovering  overhead  in a Microlight?

Or perhaps not..

Fuck me,this season's shit ain't it?

Let's not forget that the TEF is more about bollocks than football....this season has already gone as far as I'm concerned.

Ist class cricket in the Parks starting the 28th March. Present day Toffs v Toffs already at a county. That'll accelerate the process of deleting from the memory, this season's horror show.

Then we'll have the fun of the Power apologists, admitedly a dwindling band, telling us not to worry as we haven't started to replace the 20 players leaving until the last week of July, and the 1st man coming in will be Sitric O'Sanassa from Corkadoragha.
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #169 on: Monday, March 13, 2017, 09:41:28 »

I cant get my head around Thompsons reaction, seems a bit twattish to me.
Never know what gets said on the pitch i suppose.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Monday, March 13, 2017, 11:05:07 »

Anyone else noticed Caddis has signed for Bury how can they afford his wages on their gates compared to town's just shows what a tightwad Power really is surely he would have walked back into our team with the kids we have .
Not looking forward to Tuesday night ?.

High interest loans and lots of them.

The shit will hit the fan for them soon enough
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Monday, March 13, 2017, 12:49:38 »

If Williams was as good a coach as has been made out then he would have quit by now and moved elsewhere into a coaching role and doubled his salary, he hasn't and probably cant.

He wont walk as he will want the pay off, Power seems unwilling to sack him as he would have to pay him up 3.5 years its seems an odd situation where you have the chairman / owner who puts his faith ? in a manager that clearly is not good enough and has such an awful record

The pressure needs to be cranked up Tues night unfortunately with Williams we are only going 1 way and that's towards the basement 
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #172 on: Monday, March 13, 2017, 13:04:08 »

Million pound loans at a rate if 138% per annum apparently.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/david-conn-inside-sport-blog/2014/nov/12/bury-high-interest-loans-shadow-recovery

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Monday, March 13, 2017, 13:15:05 »

He wont walk as he will want the pay off, Power seems unwilling to sack him as he would have to pay him up 3.5 years
We don't actually know this but people keep quoting it as fact on the basis of the "5 year contract" quote. But then Pardew had an 8 year contract that turned out to be actually just a rolling 1 year contract. I'd imagine Power's done similar so as to cap any payout, but publicly call it a 5 year deal to publicly express his confidence in his manager and (although this sounds laughable now, he was still apparently well thought of when the contract was announced) either scare off any other club wanting to come in and poach him or at least try to ensure they'd come prepared to offer decent compensation for his contract. I think it's pride, not money, that keeps him here, on both sides of the bargain.
redordead57

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Monday, March 13, 2017, 16:38:47 »

Yeah but at least they are buying experienced players not bits of kids , & they are taking a gamble town aren't !! .
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Monday, March 13, 2017, 16:43:14 »

When the Shakers are shaking their buckets again we'll see if it was worth it.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Monday, March 13, 2017, 17:30:10 »

When the Shakers are shaking their buckets again we'll see if it was worth it.

Not pissing money away is the ONLY silver lining for this dogshit season.

Clems Army!
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Monday, March 13, 2017, 18:19:30 »

Just love the final few sentences...but sounds a tad over-optimistic.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39256169
« Last Edit: Monday, March 13, 2017, 18:21:27 by Private Fraser » Logged
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Monday, March 13, 2017, 18:26:01 »

Has to say it but...laughable...

Clems Army!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Monday, March 13, 2017, 18:28:11 »

Nicky has been a decent player for us in all his spells, so I'm not going to criticise him for supporting Luke.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: