Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Parking Eye  (Read 7544 times)
Saxondale

Ignore
« on: Monday, March 6, 2017, 20:14:47 »

Bunch o cunts.

So I parked at 6.30am the other Friday on a bit of waste ground by the Bournemouth International Centre.  We were loading in the Kaiser Chiefs which meant there were about 4 arctics in my way stopping me getting into the load in bay.  Moved it into the load in bay at 7.10am.

This morning I get a letter telling me I was parked illegally and I owe them £100.

I know there been a few people caught like this before and a fair few ignored it and it went away.

Any advice out there?

Never knowingly overstated.
Amir

« Reply #1 on: Monday, March 6, 2017, 20:56:30 »

You can ignore it and see if they start court proceedings, then if they do, pay up.

It might be worth checking a few forums to help put together an appeal letter, if you can be bothered? They could always be less likely to start court proceedings against someone who seems like an argumentative bastards.
Flashheart

« Reply #2 on: Monday, March 6, 2017, 21:01:05 »

I saw this posted on FB recently. I didn't bother reading it myself as it's of no use to me, for obvious reasons, but it might be what you're looking for:

http://www.dorseteye.com/north/articles/private-parking-firms-cannot-fine-you
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, March 6, 2017, 21:08:18 »

another resource + forums

http://www.pepipoo.com
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, March 6, 2017, 21:12:32 »

Were you driving a car ?
If so, why feel the need to park in the "loading out area"
If employed , send the bill to your employers.  
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, March 6, 2017, 21:43:16 »

The more recent guidance is that some penalty notices are recoverable, but they cannot claim anything that is deemed to be a Penalty - that does mean they can seek to recover more than the standard rate for the parking, but can't just arbitrarily charge 200 quid for 5 mins in an empty car park for example.

It's civil, unless covered by the Council, so most likely you can decide to resist if it's private, and certainly appeal if you fancy.  Firstly, if they didn't contact you within 14 days of the event, advise them someone else was driving the car and you won't give them the name and they missed their deadline.  I used this route with ACPOA and never heard from them again.  Ultimately they would need to take you to court for a CCJ, and you can defend yourself in that case anyway.  It's only if the courts enforce the debt that it becomes legally payable and a problem to you.  They'll often pull the old "being sent to a debt collector" trick as well.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, March 7, 2017, 08:25:15 »

I had one of these Parking Eye fines in a hotel car park in Northampton well over a year ago, I ignored it and they have not written back to me.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, March 7, 2017, 10:22:11 »

There has been a fuss up here about a couple of Car Parks in Morecambe recently, they have been bunging people through the small claims courts to get the cash back which apparently buggers up your credit rating so be very careful what you decide to do?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, March 7, 2017, 10:31:55 »

There has been a fuss up here about a couple of Car Parks in Morecambe recently, they have been bunging people through the small claims courts to get the cash back which apparently buggers up your credit rating so be very careful what you decide to do?
Interesting, the credit rating not being a problem for me as I have as close to a zero credit rating already for it to not affect me at all.

Might be worth considering but I do know that I never heard back from them in 14 months now.

If you think its worth the risk then choose wisely.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, March 7, 2017, 11:24:31 »

Interesting, the credit rating not being a problem for me as I have as close to a zero credit rating already for it to not affect me at all.

Might be worth considering but I do know that I never heard back from them in 14 months now.

If you think its worth the risk then choose wisely.

If I get a chance I will see if I can find the story?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, March 7, 2017, 11:35:35 »

If I get a chance I will see if I can find the story?
It wouldn't surprise me at all, but it certainly wouldnt affect my credit rating Cheesy

swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, March 7, 2017, 13:22:51 »

Bunch o cunts.

So I parked at 6.30am the other Friday on a bit of waste ground by the Bournemouth International Centre.  We were loading in the Kaiser Chiefs which meant there were about 4 arctics in my way stopping me getting into the load in bay.  Moved it into the load in bay at 7.10am.

This morning I get a letter telling me I was parked illegally and I owe them £100.

I know there been a few people caught like this before and a fair few ignored it and it went away.

Any advice out there?

Firstly - If this is not issued by the police or the council it is not a fine, it is an invoice - the same as if a builder/plumber etc. did a job for you. Probably issued by UKPC or some other bullyboy private company.
So, whether you pay it or not, it is up to you, all they can do is try to take you through the courts, but in my experience if you fuck them about as much as you can they give up, they want the lightweights who hold up their hands and pay, they dont want hassle and you protesting and appealing is not what they want.
There should be an appeal procedure on the ticket, normally 28 days, wait until day 26 or 27 then appeal, if not successfull the details should also be there to apply to POPLA, this is an independant body and costs them around £27 if you do so, but costs you nothing, Did this recently and they didnt even reply to POPLA, so ticket was quashed.
Ticket probably says fee will double if not paid within 14 days, but does not apply if you appeal, even after 26/27 days. Stand up to them, give them shit, they will back down, and if, IF, they continue with their threats they still have to get the cash out of you, Don't make it easy for them,  I'm sure you will find they will back down if you persist - Good Luck - hate the Bastards.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, March 7, 2017, 17:25:22 »

I had a Parking Eye "fine" after passing through the Go Outdoors car park twice in four hours - wrote to them and challenged it and asked if they could actually find a picture of me parking in the car park.  Finished off by telling them I would seem them in court.  Got a very polite letter back stating that on review they were dropping it!!!
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, March 7, 2017, 21:30:28 »

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/private-parking-tickets

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, March 7, 2017, 21:54:28 »

Got one of these for parking in the Halfords car park for the Poxford game the other month. Was running late and parked up at 11:55 (KO at 12) . Max stay is 2hrs so thought I'd just squeak it back in time. Of course, the match took a fucking age and then getting out from the back rows of the DRS in a hurry is a non starter without pushing a few dozen oldens out the way first.

Thought it wouldn't be too bad if I was just a few minutes over 2 hrs. Week later get a letter showing me staying there for 2hrs 13 mins. Bollocks.

Read about contesting it or ignoring it, but considering I'm just about to get a mortgage, I didn't fancy the extra hassle or the fine going up, so decided to bite the bullet. If my current circumstances were different I'd have probably dug my heels in.

Shit fine for a shit day.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: