Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Port Vale Forum Pre Match Interview / Report vrs Swindon  (Read 3183 times)
Robbie Earles Perm

Ignore
« on: Monday, March 6, 2017, 17:52:25 »

Hi,

You may know I'm the pre-match reporter for the Port Vale Fans Forum One Vale Fan.

Part of my role is to contact fans of our forthcoming opponents to ask them a few questions and gain their views on the upcoming fixture between our sides in order to produce a report which we release on the site a couple of days prior to the game. Some of you kindly contributed to our reverse fixture article and I wondered if some posters would like to take part by answering some different questions.   

I wondered if up to three of you have a few minutes and would kindly offer your feelings on the game by answering the following few questions;
1. Tell us a bit about yourself & history as a fan?
2. How are your team doing (current form and in relation to the expectation of fans at the start of the season) and where do you think you will finish the season?
3. Who should we watch out for (one or more danger player/s)?
4. What are your thoughts on your manager?
5. Can you tell us up to 3 quirky things opposing fans might not know about your team?
6. Any views on the current Port Vale team & specific players?
7. Did you attend the reverse fixture earlier this season? If so what were your thoughts on the game?
8. Any views & memories of players / managers that have been involved with both teams and which Vale player past or present would you take for your team?
9. A score prediction (and potential scorers for both sides) and what do you expect your away following to be?

Please also feel free to include any other information you feel worthy and I will knock it into a report as per the example below regarding contribution from Doncaster fans from a game with them;
http://www.onevalefan.co.uk/2015/02/opposing-views-doncaster-h/

To enable me to produce this in good time I need a reply by Wednesday and the report should appear on the website a day or two before our fixture.

Please also let me know if you would like me to include your name on the article and if you are prepared to share one a photo of yourself we can utilise with the article.

Many thanks for your potential support in this matter.

Best Regards,

REP
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, March 6, 2017, 19:28:28 »

Every chance that REP will be still visiting us next season.....in Div 4.

The sun may have gone supernova, before Thor pays us a pre match visit again  Sad
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, March 6, 2017, 19:54:55 »

I can do a couple before my head starts to hurt.

No 4. Our head coach is ace. From a distance on the touchline he could be mistaken for Pep Guardiola.
Sadly for us, any similarity ends there.

No 8. I'd have Neil Aspin because he looks like the serial killer from the film Manhunter.
Surprised a league club hasn't taken a managerial punt on him.
A near 50% win rate over 12 years in non league is pretty good.

Your turn.
So how is the pitch looking?
Is half a cup of water or a temperature of up to 5°C still enough for a postponement?
Any tips for some entertainment in Burslem after arriving to find that the game has been called off?

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, March 6, 2017, 23:08:50 »

My Mum fancies Luke Williams. I think of all the 92 he's probably one of the better looking ones. I think that's genuinely the only thing I've learnt about our 'manager' since I did this last season.

Why aren't Vale playing tomorrow? Have they got a special arrangement with the FL to only play 40 games this season or something?

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Panda Paws

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, March 7, 2017, 08:50:49 »

I enjoyed doing this last August: http://www.onevalefan.co.uk/2016/08/swindon-fan-we-have-a-young-forward-thinking-progressive-team/

I think the only thing I got right was the demise of our opposition.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, March 7, 2017, 21:58:05 »

I wondered if up to three of you have a few minutes and would kindly offer your feelings on the game by answering the following few questions;
1. Tell us a bit about yourself & history as a fan?
Season ticket holder; started going regularly home and away from season 88/89; been to 80+ grounds; went to uni in Stoke and never attended a game at Vale Park in the home end but plenty of times in the away end. I stood on the away terrace with Burnley fans, wearing my Town scarf, and got accused of being a Huddersfield fan by an unhappy Claret. Vale Park is probably the ground where I've been an away fan in lots of different away 'ends' - covered seats at the side, open terrace, covered terrace and covered seats behind the goal. 
2. How are your team doing (current form and in relation to the expectation of fans at the start of the season) and where do you think you will finish the season?
Current form is ok; expectations ranged from POs to relegation; we'll finish in the bottom four.
3. Who should we watch out for (one or more danger player/s)?
Full-back/wing-back Brandon Ormonde-Ottewill - he might slip your players some nitrous oxide. Town fans could have done with plenty this season.
4. What are your thoughts on your manager?
5. Can you tell us up to 3 quirky things opposing fans might not know about your team?
We have strikers that don't score (much), midfielders that are reluctant to tackle (excluding recent loanee Ince), and there is a directive at the club that states all throw-ins have to go backwards.
6. Any views on the current Port Vale team & specific players?
Absolutely none whatsoever.
7. Did you attend the reverse fixture earlier this season? If so what were your thoughts on the game?
No, I was on holiday. I enjoyed it.
8. Any views & memories of players / managers that have been involved with both teams and which Vale player past or present would you take for your team?
Paul Bodin - would probably make my best STFC 11. I'd have him and Tim Parkin in our current side.
9. A score prediction (and potential scorers for both sides) and what do you expect your away following to be?

Vale 1-0 Town; I expect Town's away following to be...disappointed.

REP[/b]

Robbie Earles Perm

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, March 8, 2017, 10:23:58 »

Smashing thanks, anyone else also like to take part, final chance to do so today?
garystfcjeans

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, March 8, 2017, 10:45:29 »

Got to be a win on Saturday another 6 pointer, WILLIAMS OUT AS IVE BE SAYING FOR THE LAST 3 MONTHS
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, March 8, 2017, 10:48:53 »

Shut up Gary you cunt
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: