Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Smith and Evans in Waterford  (Read 27882 times)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 17:25:51 »

I accept that it is difficult to burden kids with too much responsibilty.....expecting Tom Smith to be our saviour is unfair.

The reason we're going down is an accumulation of poor decisions over the course of 2 years, not solely his being loaned to Waterford.
I am not saying he would have been our saviour, but he would have got the crowd going and perhaps a few of the donkeys around him!!  but I do agree with you saying about the poor decisions we have experienced from our leader!
bluemovie

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, May 3, 2017, 19:15:47 »

Hi again. Sincere commiserations on your relegation. No worse feeling. Just to let you know, Swindon have recalled both Smith and Evans so they played their last game for Waterford on Monday. Their loan deals had a little longer left on them but Evans wasn't getting game time and Smith has been dealing with a niggly knee injury. Smith was absolutely brilliant for us. Won player of the month in March and has been a real crowd favourite. He is out of contract in the summer so I assume Swindon are trying to re-sign him. He should be starting every game in League Two. Huge energy, great attitude and has a complete midfielder's game. We're expecting more loanees from you later in the year.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, May 3, 2017, 19:24:38 »

They will be Twine, Simpson and Ouldridge. Bet you a guinness
bluemovie

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, May 3, 2017, 20:10:33 »

Tell me more  Smiley Pint
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, May 4, 2017, 08:48:04 »

Twine would get blown over by a mild breeze by he does look a semi decent prospect, he's quite highly rated.

Nice to see good things about Smith, hopefully we can tie him down for a few years!
Wilf Shergold

« Reply #35 on: Thursday, May 4, 2017, 13:12:26 »

Twine would get blown over by a mild breeze by he does look a semi decent prospect, he's quite highly rated.

Nice to see good things about Smith, hopefully we can tie him down for a few years!

Being slight doesn't have to mean being weak, although looking at our lot this season it seems to. Mike Summerbee, a thin streak of a player, has often related that when he first got into the stiffs aged 17 he got a major bollocking from Bert Head about getting stuck in, or give up on trying to be a pro.

Consequently became a right bastard, epitome of the 'get your retaliation in first' school of football. Son Nick S ditto. Bremner, Scholes, there's loads of them. Trouble is you've got to be prepared to get hurt. Why would any of these Prem youngsters risk this with the money they're earning already? I'd prefer we invested in slightly older rejects who need to get back into pro football and maybe realise you've got to get hurt to make it.

Old git rant, sorry.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Saturday, May 6, 2017, 10:47:56 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39816069

Some dodgy goings on in RoI Div 2.

2 other Athlone Town games being looked into.

Weren't Athlone, Waterford's first opponents  Hmmm
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Saturday, May 6, 2017, 19:18:27 »

Waterford will qualify for the champions league in my lifetime.
Watch this space.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, May 8, 2017, 15:56:49 »

Waterford will qualify for the champions league in my lifetime.
Watch this space.

I sure they will in a few years if Power continues his investments, they need promotion this season then once they get into the higher division then they can have a go at finishing top and getting into the CL qualifiers, that is how power will make his money on them and probably more of a priority
bluemovie

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2017, 17:18:03 »

Any word of Tom Smith getting a new contract?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2017, 17:26:27 »

Did I hear somewhere (sorry cannot remember where but might have been in one of the Flitcroft interviews) that one was on the table.
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2017, 17:45:17 »

In todays adver, DF has offered both Smith and Evans contracts just waiting on them to come back from their break to sign them
corner

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2017, 18:20:17 »

Seen smith today at gym just got a brand new Audi.....
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2017, 18:24:14 »

I knew I liked him..

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
bluemovie

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2017, 21:37:15 »

The lad lives in the gym!!

That's great to hear. I was wondering how could Swindon NOT offer him one. Evans has a bit to go yet, but looks a capable player. But Smith can definitely rip it up in League Two. I saw he put together a highlights video and that's usually when they're looking for a new club. He really has it all and has such a great attitude. We'll all be keeping a close eye on him and hope he does well with you.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: