Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Smith and Evans in Waterford  (Read 27892 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, March 7, 2017, 17:40:47 »

Quote from: sonicyouth
What Montenegrin link?
http://www.totalswindon.com/sport/swindon-town-chairman-lee-power-eyeing-to-buy-football-club-in-montenegro/
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, March 8, 2017, 12:46:05 »

Didn't he also bring in a Balkan director a year or so back as well? IIRC he was Bosnian rather than Montenegrin, but don't think it's too much of a stretch to suggest the link originates there?
bluemovie

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, March 13, 2017, 22:21:09 »

I know this isn't going to do anyone's spirits any good after the Port Vale loss, but Tom Smith scored his first goal for us on Friday. We was excellent again. Unbelievable engine, mad for a tackle, and any time he makes a mistake, he seems to atone for it straightaway. Jake Evans didn't play. We went with a more experienced right back. Jake might have a chance of getting back into the team in midfield. Tom's been one of our top players so far. He was ecstatic when he scored (an 85th minute goal to wrap up a great 2-0 away win) and did plenty of grabbing the crest Cheesy Not sure whether you'll like to hear that or not!! We're top of the league after three games on goal difference even after the opening day loss. Looking a class above at the moment so the plan for being promoted in October is well on track. I'll post the goal once I get footage of it.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 08:54:01 »

Unbelievable engine, mad for a tackle, and any time he makes a mistake, he seems to atone for it straightaway

Just the sort of qualities that don't get you picked at STFC.  Sad
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 09:17:42 »

it's unfathomable not to have at least have him as an option off the bench..
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 09:31:58 »

Am I the only one who thinks a few months playing at Waterford may well stand him, and us, in good stead next season when he's likely to be a regular starter in L2?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 09:37:03 »

Am I the only one who thinks a few months playing at Waterford may well stand him, and us, in good stead next season when he's likely to be a regular starter in L2?

Of course, if they decide to renew his contract which expiers at the end of this season
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 09:55:41 »

Of course, if they decide to renew his contract which expiers at the end of this season
And of course, if he decides to sign any new contract offered - iirc he was a bit hesitant to do so last year.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 09:58:07 »

Just the sort of qualities that don't get you picked at STFC.  Sad
The last time I really saw us play well was the mid-week home game against Rochdale where he was the standout player for me in a midfield that destroyed a team that had won their previous six or seven games!  Never got a look in much after that.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 10:17:34 »

The last time I really saw us play well was the mid-week home game against Rochdale where he was the standout player for me in a midfield that destroyed a team that had won their previous six or seven games!  Never got a look in much after that.

I accept that it is difficult to burden kids with too much responsibilty.....expecting Tom Smith to be our saviour is unfair.

The reason we're going down is an accumulation of poor decisions over the course of 2 years, not solely his being loaned to Waterford.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 13:06:25 »

Of course he will benefit from it.

Given he hasn't been included in our own plans wrongly or wrongly there is nothing to lose.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 13:08:10 »

I accept that it is difficult to burden kids with too much responsibilty.....expecting Tom Smith to be our saviour is unfair.

The reason we're going down is an accumulation of poor decisions over the course of 2 years, not solely his being loaned to Waterford.

And to be clear, I don't thinks he'd be our saviour.

Just that after watching our totally bullshit powder puff midfield (pre-Ince) he offered something different to a thing that was completely broken.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 13:43:54 »

3:50
Johnny Reeves

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 15:53:20 »

He'll never fit in our 1st team because his shot was on target.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 15:59:10 »

And to be clear, I don't thinks he'd be our saviour.

Just that after watching our totally bullshit powder puff midfield (pre-Ince) he offered something different to a thing that was completely broken.

Exactly. Even if he was to Ince what Rogers is to an in form Kasim, he would provide some of the combative element we need, whereas a midfield featuring two or three ball playing midfielders without anyone with a bit of bite just seemed unbalanced. Even peak era Barcelona had someone like a Busquets who could break up play a bit.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: