Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Chesterfield Official Matchday Thread  (Read 31000 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #225 on: Monday, March 6, 2017, 11:21:17 »

I think we can take that as a given!  Good luck to him, gave us 100% in his time here, just a bit unlucky with injuries.
This.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Monday, March 6, 2017, 11:23:08 »

To top this thred off heard Thompson is all set to go at end of season. Really hope my source is wrong.

Sent from my iPhone

This has been known for months....we will have very few players in the summer left over from this season.  

Which should be regarded as a good thing, other than the fact that in Power's time the recruitment has got steadily worse.

Every reason to expect, as this season, a completely unbalanced squad, managed by Luke and Embers, struggling to stay up.  The only good thing is that only 2 drop from Div 4 as opposed to the 4 in Div 3
« Last Edit: Monday, March 6, 2017, 11:33:20 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Monday, March 6, 2017, 12:00:47 »

Not very interesting things I learned on Saturday:

1. The boardroom is no longer a board room as such. The big table is gone, replaced by a couple of normal tables used for hospitality by directors and guests on match days. The room has been made bigger.
2. The Debonnet cup is indeed in the trophy cabinet after being lost in a cupboard for several decades.
3. The legends hall of fame "name board" that Fitton started is no longer being updated (the hall of fame continues).
4. There is more hospitality capacity in general now (compared to 2010/2011).
5. The mascots have a nice dedicated mascot changing room (the old boot room). The grotty old gym room they used to use is now a boot room..
6. The hospitality food has improved.
7. Rohan Ince is tall.
8. The old youth Milk Cup  that was held in Ireland is being resurrected in some form.
9. Luke Williams comes across as a decent sort and is good with the kids (obviously). Just ignore the football side Smiley
10. The squad seemed happy enough to pose for photos/sign things before the game - guess its a normal part of the job.
11. Mrs B says she enjoyed seeing the players. I asked which ones. "Don't know, wasn't looking at their faces". Reminded her she was at least old enough to be their mum..

Superscoop Batch.

« Last Edit: Monday, March 6, 2017, 12:05:28 by Batch » Logged
Panda Paws

« Reply #228 on: Monday, March 6, 2017, 12:23:36 »

Not very interesting things I learned on Saturday:

1. The boardroom is no longer a board room as such. The big table is gone, replaced by a couple of normal tables used for hospitality by directors and guests on match days. The room has been made bigger.
2. The Debonnet cup is indeed in the trophy cabinet after being lost in a cupboard for several decades.
3. The legends hall of fame "name board" that Fitton started is no longer being updated (the hall of fame continues).
4. There is more hospitality capacity in general now (compared to 2010/2011).
5. The mascots have a nice dedicated mascot changing room (the old boot room). The grotty old gym room they used to use is now a boot room..
6. The hospitality food has improved.
7. Rohan Ince is tall.
8. The old youth Milk Cup  that was held in Ireland is being resurrected in some form.
9. Luke Williams comes across as a decent sort and is good with the kids (obviously). Just ignore the football side Smiley
10. The squad seemed happy enough to pose for photos/sign things before the game - guess its a normal part of the job.
11. Mrs B says she enjoyed seeing the players. I asked which ones. "Don't know, wasn't looking at their faces". Reminded her she was at least old enough to be their mum..

Superscoop Batch.

The Milk Cup hasn't gone anywhere - just renamed: http://www.supercupni.com/
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Monday, March 6, 2017, 12:30:17 »

I think we can take that as a given!  Good luck to him, gave us 100% in his time here, just a bit unlucky with injuries.

Indeed, although be interesting to see where he goes as I suspect he won't get as much leeway from fans/club elsewhere on his lamentable injury record.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Monday, March 6, 2017, 12:54:30 »

Indeed, although be interesting to see where he goes as I suspect he won't get as much leeway from fans/club elsewhere on his lamentable injury record.

But there have been so many injuries this season I dont believe it is just down to players being injury prone, you have to question coaching, physio's etc but there is no talk of this it has to be looked at you would hope to see if there is anything that is causing or attributing to all the injuries - maybe even the training ground that is being used
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #231 on: Monday, March 6, 2017, 13:02:17 »

I'd imagine some of the injuries are where the player just doesn't fancy it. If the team was winning, they'd be fit, as we're losing they're not.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Monday, March 6, 2017, 13:13:19 »

But there have been so many injuries this season I dont believe it is just down to players being injury prone, you have to question coaching, physio's etc but there is no talk of this it has to be looked at you would hope to see if there is anything that is causing or attributing to all the injuries - maybe even the training ground that is being used
During the early part of the week they are training on a 3G pitch - that cannot be helping.  Used to go to Highworth on Fridays but at the CG last two weeks.  Wonder what is happening at the new training ground, thought it was meant to be up and running this season!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Monday, March 6, 2017, 13:40:31 »

The Milk Cup hasn't gone anywhere - just renamed: http://www.supercupni.com/

Oh yeah, well they meant we'll be back in it next season or something. #alternativeFacts

edit: OK we had a team in it last time out. er ??
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Monday, March 6, 2017, 15:08:11 »

Its not just this season, he has always been injury prone, although perhaps he would be less inclined to try and play whilst very obviously not fit (and then get injured quickly again) if he were elsewhere?
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Monday, March 6, 2017, 15:35:04 »

I'd imagine some of the injuries are where the player just doesn't fancy it. If the team was winning, they'd be fit, as we're losing they're not.

I don't disagree, although that's unlikely to be the case for Thompson. Not that you suggested it was, of course.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: