Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Chesterfield Official Matchday Thread  (Read 31586 times)
1989Monkey

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 17:22:21 »

Williams:
- There is nothing too much to say
- They had one clear chance and scored!
- Last 3 games we played well. Chesterfield kept everyone back
- We didn't submit. We didnt for one moment stop trying.
- If the ball doesnt go in back of net we cant win
- The team keep creating, creating, creating but cant finish
- Stewart had great chance to score.
- Too many chances to score but just didnt happen
- Im happy. Not as many clear cut chances because Chesterfield had everyone in front of the goal.
- Didnt expect too many clear clear cut chances
- Obika, Brophy, two free headers, Stewart break.
- The best you can do is create 'something' which we did.
- Got out muscled in box for goal. Unfair to say that we switched off. Everyone was marking. Just out muscled. Would have been more difficult if it was lack of focus
- If you are in the dressing room now you are frustrated. Dont think we were dreadful. They are just feeling frustrated they didnt take one of the chances
- Easy to say Ajose and Colkett were missed. Know he combines well with Obika. Norris is frustrated that he tried everything
- Ajose record speaks for itself. He combines well will numerous players
- Colkett has something special. Developed a good relationship with Ince
- Rodgers: Fans gave him no chance at all. Made their mind up before the first whistle. Think he 'done fine'. Ran around hard. Course its not the outstanding part of his game but he tried.
- Dont know how long Ajose & Colkett will be out. Both grade 1 which is the less serious side of a tear
- Don't know until speak to Charlton about availablity
- Think we need to take something from this performance. We played to win and created chances against an organised defending team. We limited their chances to a minimum. We need to take some confidence.
- 10 seconds of football and it would have been different

He is seriously happy with the performance? No wonder why we've got no hope with him in charge! I don't think we created many clear cut chances and certainly wouldn't have put Stewarts chance down as a 'should score' attempt.

Fans have made there mind up with Rodgers because everyone can see he is shite! Oldham released him for a reason for fuck sake. But hey if Williams thinks its ok because he 'ran around hard' then we might as well bloody sign Mo Farah
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 17:27:49 »

Luke williams said that chesterfield didn't even try and win today despite the fact that they, well, won.

Only positive from today was watching a sparrowhawk eating in the rafters of the arkells stand.

We aren't down yet, but the manner of that defeat makes it feel like we are. Especially if you look at the teams we've stilll got to play

Things get better but they never get good
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 17:28:03 »

that was shit

Classic false dawn.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 17:29:45 »

He is seriously happy with the performance? No wonder why we've got no hope with him in charge! I don't think we created many clear cut chances and certainly wouldn't have put Stewarts chance down as a 'should score' attempt.

Fans have made there mind up with Rodgers because everyone can see he is shite! Oldham released him for a reason for fuck sake. But hey if Williams thinks its ok because he 'ran around hard' then we might as well bloody sign Mo Farah
Translating:
He was saying that clear cut chances are hard to create when a team puts everyone behind the ball. But, in such situations, its important that when you get a 1/2 chance you score. You can't win if you dont score. Obika, Brophy, Thompson and Stewart all had 1/2 chances. The team are disappointed that they didn't score. Also, we missed two players with quality. Those who came in tried hard but are disappointed that they didnt do better.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 17:29:52 »

Didn't think Rodgers was terrible today, but he's fucked here as people are waiting for him to make a mistake so they can jump on him. Norris, for me, was the worst player on the pitch. Absolutely dreadful.
Shit game, played by one team who parked the bus and another who couldn't score if you parked a unicycle instead. And the ref... he didn't cost us the game, we did that ourselves, but he was fucking terrible.

It's All Good..............
Lee power

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 17:30:27 »

How can we go from dominating a game like that. Then throw it away. Classic Swindon Classic Williams
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #111 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 17:31:03 »

Right.

We should have won that. Chesterfield were fucking abysmal, genuinely one of the worst teams ive seen here in years but they dug in and ground out a 1-0.

Vigs, Thompson, Branco, Ince, Goddard all played well. Ince is a beast, big fan.

Brophy played ok in parts but needs better end product.

All the others were poor, not good enough. Don't think Rodgers was as horrific as people keep making out, most of his set pieces were decent and he was getting stuck in.

We aren't down yet although that defeat has sucked away all momentum from us.

Decent attendance, shite atmosphere.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 17:33:50 »

Rumour has it Sherwood offered a fan out after he was criticized, and asked him to take it outside. Said fan went outside, and was then told by Sherwoods heavies to fuck off Cheesy

Love this club
woolster

Re:
« Reply #113 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 17:34:37 »

Decent attendance, shite atmosphere.
what was it
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 17:34:54 »

Luke williams said that chesterfield didn't even try and win today despite the fact that they, well, won.

Only positive from today was watching a sparrowhawk eating in the rafters of the arkells stand.

We aren't down yet, but the manner of that defeat makes it feel like we are. Especially if you look at the teams we've stilll got to play

In a relegation battle there's usually a game like this from which you think there's no recovery. A point while not what you want could be important at the end of season....to pass up that opportunity is very much the sign of a doomed outfit.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 17:35:13 »

Would Tim sherwood *really* have his own personal bodyguards?

Things get better but they never get good
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 17:35:18 »

Williams:
- We didn't submit. We didnt for one moment stop trying.
Only because you can't stop what you haven't started

- If you are in the dressing room now you are frustrated. Dont think we were dreadful. They are just feeling frustrated they didnt take one of the chances
- Think we need to take something from this performance. We played to win and created chances against an organised defending team. We limited their chances to a minimum. We need to take some confidence.
- 10 seconds of football and it would have been different
You see this is the problem for me. There is a complacency, an acceptance of rubbish, a willingness to accept that a point at home against that rubbish would be "OK". It's not, it's fucking rubbish. Williams and Embleton are stealing a living. Fuck off, fuck right off.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 17:37:38 »

what was it
6600odd I think
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 17:38:26 »

Only because you can't stop what you haven't started
You see this is the problem for me. There is a complacency, an acceptance of rubbish, a willingness to accept that a point at home against that rubbish would be "OK". It's not, it's fucking rubbish. Williams and Embleton are stealing a living. Fuck off, fuck right off.
Agree. That's the difference between 'developing' people and a 'results driven' business. That's the crux of what eveyone is frustrated at.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #119 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 17:40:54 »

The only positive is that most of the teams around us lost/got a draw. We still have a chance.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: