Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Chesterfield Official Matchday Thread  (Read 31002 times)
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Sunday, March 5, 2017, 09:17:35 »

To Honkytonk....Blah Blah Blah Blah blah,same old well at least were safe.How long do you think this model can go on without going to the wall.So many of the few season ticket holders say they won't renew.£10 tickets at various local businesses are still too much for the entertainment value of games.Real die hard fans have had enough and don't go.
But at least were safe.

Bollocks. I've renewed.

Yes, it's shit. But it is STFC.
Johnny Reeves

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Sunday, March 5, 2017, 09:28:52 »

So those that do go are not real die hard fans
Not saying that but fans who have seen those bad times before and stuck with it are giving up.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #197 on: Sunday, March 5, 2017, 09:34:21 »

Anyone who thinks Lee Power is the worst owner in the clubs history because we might get relegated to league 2 is either forgetful or stupid. Yes, some of the football we have had this season has been plain awful, and the management has been shit, but our club isn't currently going into administration last time i checked and doesn't have a chairman who either doesn't care or who is actively bleeding the club dry. We have been in worse situations. League 2 for Swindon is hardly unfamiliar territory in recent years is it? I am not happy about the fact we're probably facing the drop but to call for a change of owner is fucking ridiculous when all he's done is put money in, save us from the taxman and a bunch of shysters and let the management be a bit shit.
This.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Benzel

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #198 on: Sunday, March 5, 2017, 09:59:48 »

Lose against Vale and I'll really start to think we're finished (again) but if not I will continue to hope against hope that we can pull off a small miracle. Can't imagine we'll come up against any more 5 man defences. They stuck to their game plan and got that one break that they needed, absolutely sickening.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #199 on: Sunday, March 5, 2017, 10:01:34 »

Anyone who thinks Lee Power is the worst owner in the clubs history because we might get relegated to league 2 is either forgetful or stupid. Yes, some of the football we have had this season has been plain awful, and the management has been shit, but our club isn't currently going into administration last time i checked and doesn't have a chairman who either doesn't care or who is actively bleeding the club dry. We have been in worse situations. League 2 for Swindon is hardly unfamiliar territory in recent years is it? I am not happy about the fact we're probably facing the drop but to call for a change of owner is fucking ridiculous when all he's done is put money in, save us from the taxman and a bunch of shysters and let the management be a bit shit.
Whilst I agree with most of this I dont think anyone knows if he's bleeding the club dry or not. Given our crowds and transfer fees received we should be able to afford better players and coaching staff.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Sunday, March 5, 2017, 10:16:46 »

Not a great performance but certainly didn't deserve to lose. The over reaction on here is ridiculous. I didn't see a lack of effort and were chesterfield better than us - no. So we have outplayed Oldham, cov, gills and chesterfield and should have got more than 7 points - 10 minimum.  Still all to play for and I for one think we will stay up. Get some perspective chaps - otherwise you might as well be those cretins abusing embleton at the end. Absolute bellends and I include those who cheer when Rogers gets subbed - what good does that do?
You seem to have viewed the game through the same rose tinted glasses as Williams. Maybe you are him?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Sunday, March 5, 2017, 10:19:10 »

I'll reserve worst owner in history, if we are in the same position next season (in div 2) he'll get my vote.

just trying to get my brain adjusted to being a division 4 side for the foreseeable future (if we go down)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Sunday, March 5, 2017, 10:32:28 »

You seem to have viewed the game through the same rose tinted glasses as Williams. Maybe you are him?
soapy tit wank  Pedestrian pace was ultimately our down fall, allowed opposition to get their banks of defenders in front of us!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Sunday, March 5, 2017, 10:47:22 »

More possession, more shots. I think we did.

I don't think the margin was that big though. The possession was mostly pointless, the  shots of poor quality.
Which is why I don't think we outplayed them. Possession without purpose, without using it, is futile, it's sterile football, surely we should all know that by now? They were happy to let us have possession as they know we do nothing with it. If we'd dominated but been unlucky then yeah, maybe we outplayed them. But we didn't. We pissed about and did nothing with the possession while they sat back and watched us flounder. Two shit sides, in a futile sterile balance
lambourn red

« Reply #204 on: Sunday, March 5, 2017, 11:15:51 »

I'll reserve worst owner in history, if we are in the same position next season (in div 2) he'll get my vote.

just trying to get my brain adjusted to being a division 4 side for the foreseeable future (if we go down)
If nothing changes with the club structure I fear we may well be facing the unthinkable trap door this time next year . we are sleep walking our way to non league oblivion and there is a certain amount of apathy towards the club and power that surely once relegation is assured needs to stop before it is too late
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Sunday, March 5, 2017, 11:16:38 »

are you being argumentative for the sake of it? I don't disagree yesterday was shit, I don't give a crap about possession stats, but on the basis of chances created we outplayed them.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39086452
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Sunday, March 5, 2017, 11:30:39 »

Hadn't realised we created that many chances tbf, probably because I never thought we had any chance of scoring them. What's the opposite of rose-tinted? Smiley
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #207 on: Sunday, March 5, 2017, 11:36:12 »

I could accept unlucky if this was the first time this season but when it's repeated it's not unlucky. The lack of movement is unbelievable for a professional team. Someone on here a while ago said our players don't run and he was right yesterday. We also do not attack the ball. We wait for it to bounce and the deal with it. Our wide play is fucking atrocious.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Sunday, March 5, 2017, 11:39:25 »

I could accept unlucky if this was the first time this season but when it's repeated it's not unlucky. The lack of movement is unbelievable for a professional team. Someone on here a while ago said our players don't run and he was right yesterday. We also do not attack the ball. We wait for it to bounce and the deal with it. Our wide play is fucking atrocious.

Ive noticed this before. Our movement off the ball is inept.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Sunday, March 5, 2017, 11:56:21 »

Hadn't realised we created that many chances tbf, probably because I never thought we had any chance of scoring them. What's the opposite of rose-tinted? Smiley
I don't think we had much more than a half chance to be fair.

not sure I agree with Williams naming the Stewart chance as stand out, I don't recall him making a pig's ear of it.
----
I've lost patience with Norris, feel a bit sorry for him but he's adding zilch to the attacking threat.
and Gladwin. lazy shit.
and boo, one footed no quality.
and Rodgers, can't tackle.
and and

wait, think I'm on to something
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: