Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Chesterfield Official Matchday Thread  (Read 30998 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 22:15:42 »

should have got more than 7 points - 10 minimum.

And that's why I think we are fooked. Fine margins, chances not taken.

Hope you are right, obviously.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 22:17:15 »

We certainly didn't outplay Chesterfield.

More possession, more shots. I think we did.

I don't think the margin was that big though. The possession was mostly pointless, the  shots of poor quality.
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 22:20:58 »

We certainly didn't outplay Chesterfield. They were terrible and we played to their level. And we've been "should have" getting points all season. It's why we are where we are
We outplayed them in terms of possession and shots both on and off target as per the last 4 games. They got lucky at the end.
Flashheart

« Reply #183 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 22:23:26 »

That should have been nothing more than a consolation goal for them though. We had 90 minutes to beat them.

I'd have been disappointed with a point today. We didn't even manage that. 
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 22:39:44 »

Didn't think Rodgers was terrible today, but he's fucked here as people are waiting for him to make a mistake so they can jump on him. Norris, for me, was the worst player on the pitch. Absolutely dreadful.
Shit game, played by one team who parked the bus and another who couldn't score if you parked a unicycle instead. And the ref... he didn't cost us the game, we did that ourselves, but he was fucking terrible.

This about sums it up for me.

I crawled back....I thought we had improved and showed some fight...alas...

I cannot bear Rodgers but he did no worse than anybody else today.

Ince was outstanding should of signed somebody in that style in the summer or November.

Chesterfield offered very little and a hit and hope cross Un did us.... The very thing we should try, instead of sideways passing for ten minutes and trying to get the beat the same man ten times before crossing....get the fucker in there. We are not good enough to play this way!!

A point was no good at all, we didn't even get that! Hopeless.

Ref was a prick....how can you stop a game when somebody gets hit with a ball FFS!? But he didn't lose it for us.

For me, we are down.

Clems Army!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 23:11:07 »

I was surprised by the play being stopped for that, is that a new rule owing to concussion etc?
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 23:15:38 »

I was surprised by the play being stopped for that, is that a new rule owing to concussion etc?

Twice we had play stopped on the edge of their area for their players being down, which play only restarted by them kicking the ball back to vigs.... fucking ridiculous.

Ref was a fucking drip.
Our fans are cunts.
Everything is shit
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Sunday, March 5, 2017, 00:28:20 »

Anyone who thinks Lee Power is the worst owner in the clubs history because we might get relegated to league 2 is either forgetful or stupid. Yes, some of the football we have had this season has been plain awful, and the management has been shit, but our club isn't currently going into administration last time i checked and doesn't have a chairman who either doesn't care or who is actively bleeding the club dry. We have been in worse situations. League 2 for Swindon is hardly unfamiliar territory in recent years is it? I am not happy about the fact we're probably facing the drop but to call for a change of owner is fucking ridiculous when all he's done is put money in, save us from the taxman and a bunch of shysters and let the management be a bit shit.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Sunday, March 5, 2017, 07:35:56 »

I'd say that Williams was one of the worst 'managers' we have ever had

I come from a land down-under
Johnny Reeves

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Sunday, March 5, 2017, 08:55:09 »

To Honkytonk....Blah Blah Blah Blah blah,same old well at least were safe.How long do you think this model can go on without going to the wall.So many of the few season ticket holders say they won't renew.£10 tickets at various local businesses are still too much for the entertainment value of games.Real die hard fans have had enough and don't go.
But at least were safe.

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Sunday, March 5, 2017, 08:57:03 »

Few season ticket holders? What?
Johnny Reeves

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Sunday, March 5, 2017, 09:01:21 »

How many's a lot?
Johnny Reeves

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Sunday, March 5, 2017, 09:04:21 »

If he uses season ticket numbers to say what each seasons budget is what type of player will we see next season?
Flashheart

« Reply #193 on: Sunday, March 5, 2017, 09:07:26 »

Real die hard fans have had enough and don't go.

So those that do go are not real die hard fans?
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Sunday, March 5, 2017, 09:14:39 »

Felt a bit (only a bit) sorry for the players yesterday. Only one team set out to win the game but came away with nothing.

However, the quality and nous was just not there yesterday - set pieces, shooting, final balls; the build-up was way too slow against a side who parked the bus.

This is (again) where Williams fails - he's unable to come up with something to counter opposition tactics.

Still, it was a defeat to a team with the worst away record in the division, who are in poor form and on yesterday's evidence, total shit. They'll be back next year.

And I didn't see the sparrowhawk.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: