Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Chesterfield Official Matchday Thread  (Read 31191 times)
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 20:45:28 »

Evidently we seem to have hit a perfect storm.

A perfect storm of shitness - worst owner in the club's history, worst manager in the club's history, up there with the worst squad of players in the club's history - all at the same time.

That's why we're going to get relegated and that's why Conference football in 2 years is a very realistic possibility.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 20:48:48 »

Nothing's changed.
We are 3 points from safety, as we were.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 20:50:20 »

Nothing's changed.
We are 3 points from safety, as we were.

Wrong in my eyes.

We've wasted a home game against a shit team when every opportunity for 3 points must be taken.

Also, we've lost our best striker for an  undefined amount of time and we've played poorly after 3 good performances.

The league may be as you were, the future of our league 1 status is not (IMO)
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 20:51:12 »

Nothing's changed.

Yes it has.
woolster

« Reply #169 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 20:51:18 »

Wrong in my eyes.

We've wasted a home game against a shit team when every opportunity for 3 points must be taken.
this
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 21:03:10 »

Evidently we seem to have hit a perfect storm.

A perfect storm of shitness - worst owner in the club's history, worst manager in the club's history, up there with the worst squad of players in the club's history - all at the same time.

That's why we're going to get relegated and that's why Conference football in 2 years is a very realistic possibility.

Sadly that is the background for our immediate mid term future.  Last season was about struggling to maintain our Div 3 status....which was happily achieved.

However the warnings weren't heeded, and it was pointed out unless these warnings were acted on, this season would be a battle against relegation, and so it has proved.

We should know fairly early in the summer, if Power cares a jot about preserving our league status, as without significant change it will be under threat.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 21:07:15 »

A perfect storm of shitness - worst owner in the club's history
I'm no great fan of Power's but worst owner in the club's history? He's not even the worst in the last two
Johnny Reeves

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 21:30:22 »

I'm no great fan of Power's but worst owner in the club's history? He's not even the worst in the last two
Let's see when he's finished.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 21:33:52 »

Let's see when he's finished.
Fair point, that.
Flashheart

« Reply #174 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 21:34:58 »

It is a fair point.

But it works both ways, Johnny is clearly not waiting until he's finished to judge.
Johnny Reeves

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 21:44:28 »

It is a fair point.

But it works both ways, Johnny is clearly not waiting until he's finished to judge

Could be a long way off,not looking forward to visiting Supermarine for a non league big local derby and looking up the leagues to Chippenham Town in the future.
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 22:05:36 »

Not a great performance but certainly didn't deserve to lose. The over reaction on here is ridiculous. I didn't see a lack of effort and were chesterfield better than us - no. So we have outplayed Oldham, cov, gills and chesterfield and should have got more than 7 points - 10 minimum.  Still all to play for and I for one think we will stay up. Get some perspective chaps - otherwise you might as well be those cretins abusing embleton at the end. Absolute bellends and I include those who cheer when Rogers gets subbed - what good does that do?
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 22:07:03 »

It is a fair point.

But it works both ways, Johnny is clearly not waiting until he's finished to judge.

Do Blackpool fans have to wait until Oyston's gone to judge him then?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 22:13:24 »

Do Blackpool fans have to wait until Oyston's gone to judge him then?

I agree with Johnny, we won't know for one way or the otehr until he's gone because there isn't enough information in the public domain.

The Oystens are different though, they are clearly fucking Blackpool, clear cut.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 22:14:00 »

I didn't see a lack of effort and were chesterfield better than us - no. So we have outplayed Oldham, cov, gills and chesterfield and should have got more than 7 points - 10 minimum.
We certainly didn't outplay Chesterfield. They were terrible and we played to their level. And we've been "should have" getting points all season. It's why we are where we are
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: