Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Chesterfield Official Matchday Thread  (Read 31500 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 19:39:43 »

Replacing Colkett with Rodgers and Ajose with Norris was a huge mistake in my opinion.

Rodgers and Ince are too similar, surely the sensible choices would have been Goddard and Stewart/Hylton/Feruz?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #151 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 19:41:50 »

He must be embarrassed to have joined this omnishambles
Or alternatively thought it would be a piece of piss to look good, put himself in the shop window and fuck off to another club. Would be stunned if we kept him.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #152 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 19:43:25 »

Rodgers and Ince are too similar
Are you pissed?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 19:47:12 »

Are you pissed?

I should have explained that a bit better. Clearly Ince and Rodgers are leagues apart in quality but Rodgers isn't exactly like Colkett is he?

Sorry I'm not making any sense, my position was a more creative player should have replaced Colkett, not the inflatable dartboard.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
hobnob

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 19:56:34 »

This 100%.

A point wouldn't really have been acceptable, to get nothing is shameful.  Too many of that team looked completely disinterested and too many are not good enough for League football.  As soon as I heard Ajose and to an extent Colbert were injured, I had a feeling we'd struggle to score.

Players are unfit, unmotivated and don't give a shit so why should we?
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #155 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 19:59:47 »

I should have explained that a bit better. Clearly Ince and Rodgers are leagues apart in quality but Rodgers isn't exactly like Colkett is he?

Sorry I'm not making any sense, my position was a more creative player should have replaced Colkett, not the inflatable dartboard.
I understand. Ajose was a massive miss but colkett reminds me of a 5 year old who's lost his mum in the supermarket.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 20:12:52 »

Yeah, I was talking about a previous game. Didn't see any this time, but I was sat very near him today and he was talking to a big guy next to him. Not sure who that is..probably just a mate.

The guy I was taking to about the body guard said this bloke stood at the top of the stairs with his arms folded (presumed he meant the Arkells stand stairs...)

The black guy with short dreads and sunglasses? We noticed him a few games ago.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 20:14:34 »

Actually, heard a player talking on the way out, "we'd have been as gutted if we'd drawn" was the gist.
Good, glad to hear at least some of the players feel that way. But that wasn't what the "manager" said, and it was his acceptance of mediocrity/dross that was my point. If you don't demand the very highest standards from your team, if you're constantly making excuses for what is clearly not good enough, if you're continually dressing up shite as "Quite good apart from the result" or "Nearly there but we were a bit unlucky" then you are telling them that "OK" is good enough, and that is all that they will aspire to. And fall short of. By doing that, you are not protecting your team, you are failing them and they will continue to fail because of your lack of leadership. He is letting the players down as much as the fans.
Flashheart

« Reply #158 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 20:18:25 »

Williams should be apoplectic. He might be behind the scenes, but I doubt that is the case.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 20:20:22 »

I'm usually pretty optimistic when it comes to Swindon, but this team and management suck any positivity out of me. I didn't expect us to go the rest of the season unbeaten, but I did expect a bit more quality that today's offering. If that's all we can muster we are fucked.

This.

First time in all this clusterf***k of a season that I really felt in all honesty that we are looking at relegation, I must have left my rose tinted glasses at home because they were certainly working until today.

I cannot for the life of me understand the team selection/tactics that allowed a poor, poor opposition make us look just as bad. I also cannot understand the total lack of commitment by so called professionals who cannot be assed to work hard, run, chase, pass accurately and do the basic things that any self respecting footballer at any level should be doing.

Whether they will take a long hard look at themselves and appreciate the mess we are in I doubt very much, as they can trundle off to another club and pick up the money on offer without having to do what I suspect is a large majority on this forum do, and that is really have to work for a living.  

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 20:21:50 »

Williams should be replaced
Fixed it for you
Flashheart

« Reply #161 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 20:24:46 »

Even better.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 20:26:25 »

Good, glad to hear at least some of the players feel that way. But that wasn't what the "manager" said, and it was his acceptance of mediocrity/dross that was my point. If you don't demand the very highest standards from your team, if you're constantly making excuses for what is clearly not good enough, if you're continually dressing up shite as "Quite good apart from the result" or "Nearly there but we were a bit unlucky" then you are telling them that "OK" is good enough, and that is all that they will aspire to. And fall short of. By doing that, you are not protecting your team, you are failing them and they will continue to fail because of your lack of leadership. He is letting the players down as much as the fans.
Can't disagree.

Think Williams is too nice for all this. Probably thinks he's protecting his players, but sometimes they need a good kick.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 20:29:05 »

Can't disagree.

Think Williams is too nice for all this. Probably thinks he's protecting his players, but sometimes they need a good kick.
TBF I wasn't even advocating that. Just that he sets, and demands, high standards. No need to kick em up the arse, run them through freezing rivers, hairdryer treatments or throwing teacups etc etc. Just set, and demand, high standards. Don't accept mediocrity and certainly don't make excuses for it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 20:43:09 »

TBF I wasn't even advocating that. Just that he sets, and demands, high standards. No need to kick em up the arse, run them through freezing rivers, hairdryer treatments or throwing teacups etc etc. Just set, and demand, high standards. Don't accept mediocrity and certainly don't make excuses for it.

I refuse to believe what he says and what he really thinks are the same thing...
It doesn't matter either way really, we still lost.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: