Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Chesterfield Official Matchday Thread  (Read 31508 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 18:54:23 »

Why,there are plenty of clubs doing much better than us who are tiny clubs with tiny support but massive ambition.

Let's look at a club like Fleetwood, once their owner has had enough then they'll be proper fucked, and will doubtless do a Rushden when Griggs called it a day.

The reality is that we can't compete with the likes of Bury, who fly like Icarus, close to the sun.  You'd like to think we may be able to bottom out in Div 4 next season....even Blackpool have done OK this season, the example of young player generating Crewe a bit more worrying, but back to back wins have helped them enormously.
Johnny Reeves

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 19:00:36 »

Burton would be more in my thoughts,non league ground in many ways and also Brentford who the fuck are they.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 19:04:33 »

I thought I saw a sparrowhawk. Thanks for verifying Dave.

I expected the worst when I saw Ajose was out, it was confirmed when I saw the lineup. Rodgers alongside Ince with Gladwin out wide made no sense at all whatsoever. The game was crying out for changes and we bought on Conor fucking Thomas.

The only credit today can go to Thompson (despite missing two good chances), Branco and Ince. The comment about Williams and Embleton stealing a career applies to a select few as well, it's incomprehensible to think that Barry and BOO have managed 50 senior appearances each, never mind the absolute joke of a player that is Brophy.

There was no movement, no urgency, no effort, no first touch, no brains. Everything was predictable as was the eventual winner that always felt like it was around the corner, no matter how well Thompson and Branco defended today. I couldn't believe the players had the gall to look despondent at the final whistle - what the fuck do they expect?

I'm done, I'm not making the effort if the players aren't either.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 19:06:13 »

Well what can you say about a performance like that, how the fuck Williams can sleep at night after that I don't know.  Pedestrian would be my description!  Of course they came for a draw but we allowed them to get ten players behind the ball at every opportunity due to the slow, lazy way of playing.  The two full back were shit really, neither can go around the outside and continually cut inside into a congested area.  We looked a little more balanced with Goddard on the left, he did head towards goal but super coach made another switch and put him on the right where he didn't appear so effective - but a much better bet than Gladwin in that position!  Rodgers tried hard but was awful, the free kick that almost went over the Bank and the shot in the second half that almost went over the TE summed up his day!  He didn't deserve the jeering he got when substituted though.  This performance was nto good enough and listening to Williams makes me throw my dummy out.  Before the game he was bigging Chesterfield up - getting his excuses in early.  I don't know about a few players growing a pair, Power needs to grow a pair and get a proper manager in that can motivate.
Johnny Reeves

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 19:09:16 »

it's incomprehensible to think that Barry and BOO have managed 50 senior appearances each

Amen..........Wouldn't trust them to clean Michael Pook's boots.
overthehill

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 19:10:45 »

Rodgers is and always has been shit.
As is BOO  Barry  Thomas  Dorris   Brophy   Power   Williams   Embleton  
We are fucked.

When you're smiling.........
Johnny Reeves

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 19:11:40 »

The players we own you mean.
overthehill

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 19:12:15 »

yup

When you're smiling.........
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 19:14:21 »

an acceptance of rubbish, a willingness to accept that a point at home against that rubbish would be "OK".

Actually, heard a player talking on the way out, "we'd have been as gutted if we'd drawn" was the gist.
------------
Would Tim sherwood *really* have his own personal bodyguards?

Apparently so. One of the guys in hospitality was talking about it before the game. Said last match he was there TS arrived with a big brick shit house bodyguard, walked through, didn't say a word to anyone/pose for photos or in any other way want to be involved with any of the great unwashed in the expensive seats.

His point was why the fuck does TS need a bodyguard..
-----
The game was utter dross.
The loss of Ajose is massive, Doris is crap.
The introduction of Rodgers slowed the midfield too much, but appreciate options are limited.
Chesterfield set up to defend. Appreciate its not easy to break down a team like that, but we didn't do enough. Don't agree with Williams at all about chances and dominating. We had a lot of the ball,  didn't produce one quality chance.

Ince was the other (Robins suite) MoM. He and Barry were asked about it all, especially moving the ball quicker. His point was that doing so and forcing it leads to losing it more often - and they were looking to get the ball and lump it over the top .
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 19:18:58 »

Apparently so. One of the guys in hospitality was talking about it before the game. Said last match he was there TS arrived with a big brick shit house bodyguard, walked through, didn't say a word to anyone/pose for photos or in any other way want to be involved with any of the great unwashed in the expensive seats.

His point was why the fuck does TS need a bodyguard.

We presumed the two blokes that came out were just his mates to make sure the unwashed didn't cause any aggro. It's even more hilarious if they genuinely were bodyguards.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 19:20:10 »

Burton would be more in my thoughts,non league ground in many ways and also Brentford who the fuck are they.

Burton's owner has always made shrewd decisions on manager recruitment...they are a non league set up, and may very well go the way of Burton's other 3 Football League sides into oblivion in the next few years....the fate of Swifts, Wanderers and United might haunt the dreams of the few Albion fans, but I doubt it.

Brentford have been a league club as long as us, have finished as high as 5th and 6th in the top flight in their time.  They're also owned by a mega rich fan Benham....who's put approx £90 mill of his own money in. It would be good to have our equivalent, but we've got Power.... so we may have to accept the Conference.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 19:24:13 »

We presumed the two blokes that came out were just his mates to make sure the unwashed didn't cause any aggro. It's even more hilarious if they genuinely were bodyguards.

Yeah, I was talking about a previous game. Didn't see any this time, but I was sat very near him today and he was talking to a big guy next to him. Not sure who that is..probably just a mate.

The guy I was taking to about the body guard said this bloke stood at the top of the stairs with his arms folded (presumed he meant the Arkells stand stairs...)

[Insightful]
He did a little shake of the head when Rodgers was subbed, presumably at the crowd reaction... [/Insightful]
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 19:34:42 »

Just home, so I'll focus on the positive side.

I like Ince a lot.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 19:35:14 »

Any news on Gladwin's knock?

He should have made so much more of his chance immediately before half time.  Seemed to want about a minute on the ball before committing to a shot.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 19:36:18 »

Just home, so I'll focus on the positive side.

I like Ince a lot.
He must be embarrassed to have joined this omnishambles
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: