Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon vs Gillingham matchday thread  (Read 26983 times)
Benzel

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #165 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2017, 18:40:53 »

I usually like a good moan about the crowd but despite there being less than 6k Town fans last night, it didn't feel like it and the reaction from everyone on and off the pitch to going a goal down was excellent.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
kirky69

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #166 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2017, 19:08:54 »

I usually like a good moan about the crowd but despite there being less than 6k Town fans last night, it didn't feel like it and the reaction from everyone on and off the pitch to going a goal down was excellent.

Sent from my SM-G930F
Yes I thought that as well. Maybe the moaners stayed at home and were busy playing the keyboard warrior role. Does make a difference to the players. Let the positivity continue. Thought thompson was immense particularly given his personal circumstances. Ince however is the difference. 6 points from next two games please then 3 wins from tough last 9 games should be enough.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2017, 19:13:28 »

maybe, just maybe the majority of fans don't want to get relegated and knew it was a crunch game and acted accordingly.

that said, if that were true it doesn't explain Coventry.

maybe people can see it's not actually a lost cause yet..
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2017, 19:31:24 »

maybe, just maybe the majority of fans don't want to get relegated and knew it was a crunch game and acted accordingly.

that said, if that were true it doesn't explain Coventry.

maybe people can see it's not actually a lost cause yet..

Saw a post on the fb group complaining about the Power Out chants at 1-0 down, and the same people then getting behind the team after we had scored, so I think they are still there.

Maybe there were just less of them last night.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2017, 19:34:23 »

Bit late but here's my two pence worth. Ince was outstanding yesterday & is head & shoulders above any of our other midfield options. If we were to stay up then considerable efforts need to be made to turn his loan into a perm. Whether he would like to stay himself is another matter!! His passing is excellent, he rarely gives it away, and he was always looking to keep the ball moving, attacks seemed to start so much quicker from his initial pass. He covers a hell of a lot of ground & does a lot off the ball, his desire to win the ball back on the rare occasions he lost it was very noticeable.
   The front two, as always, looked very potent together. Beaks missed a sitter in the first half, either side of the keeper would have been a certain goal & Ajose was unlucky with a hell of a strike from all of 30 yards that went just wide. The two of them complement each other extremely well & both need each other to be effective imo so keeping them fit between now & the end of the season is essential if we're to have any chance of staying up as we'll always create chances when they're both on the field together.
  Gladwin also had a decent game in a wide role that, as has been mentioned previously, doesn't really suit his style. He put in some great deliveries, admittedly along with a couple of shockers & isn't afraid to have a pop although I don't think I've seen him hit the target at home since he came back.
   Thompson was excellent, sweeping up on a couple of occasions when it looked as though the Gills were in & Branco had a decent game alongside him bar the first goal which leads me onto the major negatives which are a worry for me between now & the end of the season. The full backs are woeful, in particular Barry who had an absolute stinker. He tried to nick the ball in the build up to the first goal instead of standing his man up which resulted in him being turned easily, leaving a shitload of space in behind. His first touch & passing was terrible along with his frustrating inability to attack the opposing full back. Always looking sideways or backwards, the amount of times momentum was lost when he had the ball was shocking. Boo was slightly better but has no right foot, he beat his man on countless occasions but kept on going back outside to get it on his favoured (or only) left foot which meant that any runs the strikers had made in anticipation were rendered pointless as they had to check & start again. If you've worked the space put the fucking thing in the box, the onus is on Ajose & Beaks to gamble then. Dabo has to start on Sat if he's fit, his performances have dropped a little since the start but he's quick, athletic & better defensively than Barry. If there's any half decent full backs who are unattached at the moment then LP should be all over them. Caddis would have been ideal!!!!!!!!

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
leftside

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #170 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2017, 20:19:59 »

Sent from my SM-G930F
Unfortunately, there were a few in the TE chanting "We're fucking shit" during the first half. Fortunately, there were others (those of us who could see the effort was there and that we were clearly the better side despite being one-nil down) who countered it pretty swiftly.

It's a shame, as those who respond to a bit of crap play by chanting negatively, are also the ones who generate most of the noise at the start of games. I don't know if it is a generational thing, and I don't want to come across as 'it was better in my day' (even though it was Smiley), but even watching football live seems to have become a short attention span thing, where perspective and seeing the whole picture has been displaced by the constant need for immediate satisfaction. The world is either black or white, with no time or place for a bit of grey.
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2017, 20:26:21 »

Can't believe Rodger's hair hasn't taken the flack it so rightly deserves, yet. Shocking barnet.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2017, 20:27:24 »

sick boy
stfcjack

The Swindon lot don't seem to respect you

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Thursday, March 2, 2017, 08:11:20 »

Ince is one of those players that when's he's on the ball I actually feel like I can relax a bit and he's not going to fuck up
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Thursday, March 2, 2017, 08:34:03 »

Ince is one of those players that when's he's on the ball I actually feel like I can relax a bit and he's not going to fuck up

A bit like Kasim from before the Asia Cup.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Thursday, March 2, 2017, 09:43:45 »

Can't believe Rodger's hair hasn't taken the flack it so rightly deserves, yet. Shocking barnet.
Trying to get noticed!
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Thursday, March 2, 2017, 10:49:15 »

If there's any chance of signing this guy permanently I hope we don't mess about and get it done ASAP. Who was the last genuinely good player we had with the tools he posseses?

Get him signed and build a team around him.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Thursday, March 2, 2017, 10:54:11 »

If there's any chance of signing this guy permanently I hope we don't mess about and get it done ASAP. Who was the last genuinely good player we had with the tools he posseses?
Kasim and we ruined him
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Thursday, March 2, 2017, 12:57:04 »

It was noticeable that at the end of the game all the players stayed on the pitch, then had theior huddle again but rodgers had trundled back to get changed, not sure if it is due to the stick he gets from the crowd that he has no interest or not being a team player that he does not want to hang about, sad as you would hope they would all be fighting for the same cause
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Thursday, March 2, 2017, 13:14:53 »

I was just reading they had a 'training session game' against the Daniel Strurridge academy for those that was not in the squad, bit of an odd 'team' to select for a training session, I wonder if this is anything to wanting first refusal of some of the young lads leaving the academy for next season
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: