Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon vs Gillingham matchday thread  (Read 27387 times)
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2017, 00:59:40 »

We've won the last two because I didn't post on the thread pre match.

I will keep the run going.

Shame about other results but we just have to keep winning points....another must win on Saturday.

Clems Army!
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2017, 07:54:58 »

A must win game which we did win very comfortably.  The only downside for me was the way one or two people strolled through the game - Gladwin in particular but I will excuse him as he was playing in an alien position, he is not a player for wide positions!  Branco awful in the first half and his - coupled with Barry being beaten far too easily as his man turned him on the edge of our box - mistake obviously led to their goal, their only meaningful attack in all of the first half!  To both of their credit they improved a lot in the second half!  It is a pity we have too many loan players as I though Dabo was looking good down the right and his pace and defensive qualities added something to our game.  Thought we lost a bit when Obika was taken off, he is happy to offer the physical side up front which Norris doesn't - would have loved for Norris to have scored against his old team (always seem to happen against is!).  On to Saturday and another 6-pointer.
Panda Paws

« Reply #152 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2017, 08:06:35 »

Dabo not playing was nothing to do with too many loans. We only had 4 yesterday. Dabo was injured.

Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2017, 09:04:22 »

That second goal was class. Great turn from Ajose and a quality finish from Obika. Those two will cause problems for any defence at this level.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2017, 09:09:53 »

Barry was absolute dogshite in the first half, total passenger for 45 minutes. Didn't think, as a team, we played badly in the first half. The heather sellers were very lucky to go in a goal up, but after the number of chances we had I was resigned to it being 'one of those nights'. 2nd half we seemed to step up a gear and totally deserved all 3 points. As well as Ince performed personally, he also allows players like Colkett to play to their strengths. The midfield is so much more balanced with him in it.

It's All Good..............
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2017, 09:10:07 »

Dabo not playing was nothing to do with too many loans. We only had 4 yesterday. Dabo was injured.

Thanks, didn't realise that!
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2017, 10:05:02 »

Barry was absolute dogshite in the first half, total passenger for 45 minutes. Didn't think, as a team, we played badly in the first half. The heather sellers were very lucky to go in a goal up, but after the number of chances we had I was resigned to it being 'one of those nights'. 2nd half we seemed to step up a gear and totally deserved all 3 points. As well as Ince performed personally, he also allows players like Colkett to play to their strengths. The midfield is so much more balanced with him in it.

That's why it's that much more frustrating we left Ince out v Oxford.
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2017, 10:43:35 »

Lets hope Chesterfield are as poor as Cov and Gillingham, but you can only beat whats in front of you and we frequently haven't this season beaten teams just as bad as those 2. As everyone has said finally having a midfield enforcer and some strikers who can finish  makes a massive difference (Not that I was saying that in the first half mind when Obika brilliantly turned his man and then fired weakly straight at their keeper when a shot to either corner would have been a certain equaliser)

Barry has been pretty good since his return but he was absolutely dire in the first half. If Dabo is fit and Jones isn't would expect Dabo to make the bench at least on Saturday

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #158 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2017, 11:45:20 »

The bad thing is im now expecting a win against Chesterfield. This usually doesn't bode well.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2017, 11:58:29 »

batch jr jr is a mascot for the Chesterfield game. I'll hold him as TEF scapegoat if we lose.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, March 1, 2017, 19:02:22 by Batch » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2017, 12:21:22 »

batch jr jr is a mascot for the Current game. I'll hold him as TEF scapegoat if we lose.
No chance of that, it was Batch Jr's presence at Cov that won the game for us and singlehandedly turned our season round - WE CANNOT POSSIBLY LOSE!!!!

Unless it was me not being there of course, in which case we're fucked
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2017, 12:29:43 »

No chance of that, it was Batch Jr's presence at Cov that won the game for us and singlehandedly turned our season round - WE CANNOT POSSIBLY LOSE!!!!

Unless it was me not being there of course, in which case we're fucked

You misunderstand. This is batch jr jr. He wasn't at Cov. He wasn't there yesterday either.

Batch Jr will be there in the cheap seats with his nan and aunty.

Its all an untried combination.

(batch jr himself mascot'd v Layton Orient in the cup a few years ago. We lost 2-1 (obviously). Alex Revell scored (obviously)).
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2017, 12:40:50 »

You misunderstand. This is batch jr jr. He wasn't at Cov. He wasn't there yesterday either.

Batch Jr will be there in the cheap seats with his nan and aunty.

Its all an untried combination.

(batch jr himself mascot'd v Layton Orient in the cup a few years ago. We lost 2-1 (obviously). Alex Revell scored (obviously)).
Not sure whether to be pleased or not. On the one hand, you're messing with a winning formula which has taken us all season to find so you are, clearly, a muppet of the highest order who should be thrown to the FB group. On the other, it gets me off the hook and continues to hide my inherent doomy bad luck bringerness behind a mask of your son-being-a-mascot-related incompetence. Meh, that's about quits.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2017, 12:51:51 »

On the one hand, you're messing with a winning formula which has taken us all season to find  ...

Yeah, but our total ineptitude up to that point made the mascot packages cheaper...

You can't ignore supply and demand economics when they are favourable.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2017, 13:12:12 »

It surprised me with the gils second half tactics to come out and try and defend the 1-0 putting everyone behind the ball hit us on the break and waste time - I think at 1-1 they didn't know whether to carry on defending or to try and attack, and at that point we was getting into a pattern of play and dominating the ball which I think certainly helped towards the 2nd.

They were poor and looked lacking in ideas, if we can continue picking up points so we are building up momentum towards the Sheff Utd game we may be swapping places with them soon.

Hopefully Jones is fit for for Sat and can replace Branco as with him and Nathan both being right footed the balance is slightly off, and Branco does seem to make at least 1 mistake a game which could cost us
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: